WTF, 'If you train at other school you no longer welcome'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn BJJ

CW
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was going to Brooklyn BJJ for about 6 months before I got a good job in the city and basicly started going to BJJ near my work place.

Now (about a year passed) I called BBJJ because I got a new job and it makes more sense for me to come back and train there.

They said 'Sorry if you trained here and trained at another school we can't accept you back', what the fuck? I asked him what if i no longer train at another location anymore, can I come back? And got a stern 'No'.

Anyone got any insight WTF? This is their site: http://www.brooklynbrazilianjiujitsu.com/, professor Brian is actually really good teacher.. but this is retarded.

Yea that is retarded. I've seen issues like this happen where people aren't promoted because they won't stay at schools very long (less than 1 year), but nothing like this.

throw a brick through their window. Seriously, there are some problems only a brick through the window will solve.

you're better off without the school if that's what they're gonna pull. But you're stuck with the sherdog name. lol

seriously, the first thing that comes to mind for me is that they aren't confident in their abilitie to teach when compared to other schools.

Pretty lame. It's not like you're a traitor or something, you just had to go to the more conveniant place.

My school has a rule that "if you go to train at another school, you should inform the teacher. It's not that you need permission, but I just find it to be common courtesy."

Your teacher's rules are your teacher's rules, but if you want my opinion, that is just straight bullshit.

What if you go on vacation somewhere for 3 months. He means to tell you that you couldnt go to florida and study with Marcelo? So what, you're just not allowed to train with anyone ever, otherwise he would never associate with you again. So what about seminars?

Fucking stupid rule, so long as he is informed of your situation, and he's, i dont know, a decent, normal, well adjusted human being, I dont think he has a reason for this decision to restrict you from ever studying with him again.

you're better off without the school if that's what they're gonna pull. But you're stuck with the sherdog name. lol

seriously, the first thing that comes to mind for me is that they aren't confident in their abilitie to teach when compared to other schools.

I think they teach well.. I did notice they offer... children 'BJJ' parties now.. which is a bit WTF on it's own but IMHO school is legit (two BB). I'm going to go down there and maybe talk to the instructor in person.

Very big 'wtf' for me...

Thats pretty bad. I know someone that trains there but that school never came off like that

My school has a rule that "if you go to train at another school, you should inform the teacher. It's not that you need permission, but I just find it to be common courtesy."

Your teacher's rules are your teacher's rules, but if you want my opinion, that is just straight bullshit.

What if you go on vacation somewhere for 3 months. He means to tell you that you couldnt go to florida and study with Marcelo? So what, you're just not allowed to train with anyone ever, otherwise he would never associate with you again. So what about seminars?

Fucking stupid rule, so long as he is informed of your situation, and he's, i dont know, a decent, normal, well adjusted human being, I dont think he has a reason for this decision to restrict you from ever studying with him again.

True, but this is not a kindergarten. I paid for time I was there, I don't really have to tell anyone that I won't be coming in because I have a job and tell them I will be training at XXX for a bit.

I'm not twelve and they are not twelve either, you know what I mean?

Do you know who Gene Dunn is? Because he is legit as anyone teaching

Do you know who Gene Dunn is? Because he is legit as anyone teaching

He doesn't teach there, Brian teaches classes (he was a brown belt, not black belt).

Edit: He does visit seminars, I think he teaches at Avenue U karate location.

He doesn't teach there, Brian teaches classes (he was a brown belt, not black belt).

Edit: He does visit seminars, I think he teaches at Avenue U karate location.

I was informed differently, my bad. I have no clue who brian is :D

New York has so much good BJJ, it's really a situation where you can say "fine, fuck you" and go train at another school and probably stand to get better instruction there.

How far is it to Renzo's?

^ They are under Renzo. :D

I would talk to the head instructor personally. Hopefully it will all work out.

New York has so much good BJJ, it's really a situation where you can say "fine, fuck you" and go train at another school and probably stand to get better instruction there.

Gene is a renzo BB, so I don't think that will work well

I think Fighthouse is closer to me, Renzo is on '224 W 30th St,' right? (According to google).

I work around Wall St. and live in BK so I have to go uptown then go downtown to Brooklyn after work.... extra hour of roundtrip FTL

Conflict of interest. If you support their competition, they question it. Like any business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back