WTF happened to VICE News?

Not surprising. They got wildly biased over time, which caused me to stop watching all of their programming other than Dark Side of the Ring. I used to be a regular viewer of their network and they had good content that wasn't covered by other media outlets. Once they fell in line with the party line, the writing was on the wall.

He went to the fucking Golden Globes barely a month ago. You are a dunce.

He's also the founders of the Proud Boys and all around asshole. Again, this is what everyone I know who has interviewed or met him has described him as. I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here, besides the fact he's kept busy since his Vice days.

Didn't he try and force himself on Lauren Southern?

It's the only time I've ever felt bad for her.

Didn't he try and force himself on Lauren Southern?

It's the only time I've ever felt bad for her.
Don't recall. I just remember a few years ago a journalist in LA profiled him while I Was still working in the industry and it did not go over well for obvious reasons.

Don't recall. I just remember a few years ago a journalist in LA profiled him while I Was still working in the industry and it did not go over well for obvious reasons.

He's a sack of crap, no doubt.

Not surprising. They got wildly biased over time, which caused me to stop watching all of their programming other than Dark Side of the Ring. I used to be a regular viewer of their network and they had good content that wasn't covered by other media outlets. Once they fell in line with the party line, the writing was on the wall.

ive never been much for the articles but ive seen some documentaries that were pretty good. ones where they would send their guys out to colombia and hang out with people who were harvesting coca plants and manufacturing cocaine and then bundling it up and transporting it down a river at night to unload to the cartel members. the people making that shit werent getting paid that much, just enough to scrape a living from, but the cartel guys who were distributing it were laughing straight to the bank.

i think i remember seeing follow up episodes where they went to mexico to document some cartel people involved in the drug smuggling and human traffickiing into the united states. and then the last epiode was when they would send their guys to document the lives of the low level street dealers and addicts in america once the cocaine finally made its way to them.

it was pretty intriguing stuff. but those reporters must have had a swivel on their heads. i mean i'd be scared shitless if i'm being sent internationally to park a camera in front of dangerous gang members and have them talk about their "jobs" with their cartel. i mean even if you promise to conceal their face and identities and not expose their names or anything, you'd still have to figure that there's a good chance that somebody would want to slit your throat and pull your tongue out through it just for "exposing" their work. they don't want their identities to be known or smuggling methods to be widely known either, and they will kill anybody that gets in the way of their profits and business. that would be sketchy as fuck trying to document that kind of stuff. no way you could pay me to go and do that.

It's amazing at how people argue against this. VICE was fucking awesome at one point. There was a clear shift in their reporting that turned people off.

Crazy how badly it dropped off. It went from everybody talking about Vice documentaries around 2010ish, to them being a punchline. Now Shane Smith's wiki says "former billionaire", though I'm sure he still has piles of money.

Not sure if it is a case of he classic “go woke, go broke”, but it seems that way.

Like many, I used to watch them too. They churned out some absolutely great stuff back in the day, and then just went all-in on the far left stuff. Shame. We need more content like old Vice gave us, not less.

Not sure if it is a case of he classic “go woke, go broke”, but it seems that way.

Like many, I used to watch them too. They churned out some absolutely great stuff back in the day, and then just went all-in on the far left stuff. Shame. We need more content like old Vice gave us, not less.
Vice never managed to turn a profit after their big US expansion. They were hugely overvalued and had a poor business model. They've also been left wing and transgressive from the start, that's the point of a publication like Vice.

The lack of media literacy or basic business logic in this thread is impressive.

Vice never managed to turn a profit after their big US expansion. They were hugely overvalued and had a poor business model. They've also been left wing and transgressive from the start, that's the point of a publication like Vice.

The lack of media literacy or basic business logic in this thread is impressive.
I dont care about the money aspect of it. Tobacco companies make a killing, but I still wish it wasn’t around.

And if you are saying there was no difference between them at the start and then at the end, well, don’t know what to tell you.

One would think that you would be tired of getting embarrassed.....

I dont care about the money aspect of it. Tobacco companies make a killing, but I still wish it wasn’t around.

And if you are saying there was no difference between them at the start and then at the end, well, don’t know what to tell you.
You're saying that it's a shame that Vice isn't around like they used to be, but you also claim that you don't care that they were absolutely bleeding money during all the coverage you loved?

Something doesn't compute in your logic there.

When do you think things started changing for Vice? A lot of people convinced they went woke or something silly apparently never read their old stuff.

I also don't think you understand how Vice made money and how that affected it's decisions.
One would think that you would be tired of getting embarrassed.....
Ah yes, show the class how smart you are. You're in charge of Vice from 2012 to 2016, how do you monetize your company that's bleeding hundreds of millions of dollars?

You're saying that it's a shame that Vice isn't around like they used to be, but you also claim that you don't care that they were absolutely bleeding money during all the coverage you loved?

Something doesn't compute in your logic there.

When do you think things started changing for Vice? A lot of people convinced they went woke or something silly apparently never read their old stuff.

I also don't think you understand how Vice made money and how that affected it's decisions.

Ah yes, show the class how smart you are. You're in charge of Vice from 2012 to 2016, how do you monetize your company that's bleeding hundreds of millions of dollars?
I don’t care about money. I said content like what vice once created, not vice itself. If they couldn’t stay afloat because of their financial decisions, then so be it. Even after their turn, they still went under, so it doesn’t matter anyway.

I don’t care about money. I said content like what vice once created, not vice itself. If they couldn’t stay afloat because of their financial decisions, then so be it. Even after their turn, they still went under, so it doesn’t matter anyway.
And yet you're the one saying it seems like go woke, go broke. So I guess you only stop caring about the financial aspects when you realized you don't know jack about the media industry.

And yet you're the one saying it seems like go woke, go broke. So I guess you only stop caring about the financial aspects when you realized you don't know jack about the media industry.
Seems that way insinuates I don’t know, or not sure at the very least. Never said I did fully know what they did with their finances, but keep being a dick if it makes you hard, sport.

Back