WTF are they doing with the HW division??

The thing about good and bad matchups is that in the end, it doesn't really matter. If Rothwell is good enough to fight for the title and beat the champ, he'll beat JDS. If he can't get by JDS or if the fight isn't competitive, then it was the right call. Rothwell is on a nice win streak but I think he still has a lot to prove. He will get to do that in the JDS fight though I expect him to lose (and that he'd lose to Miocic, Werdum and Econoreem).

Stipe is gonna beat Werdum, so yes it all makes sense.

Because Andrei got KOed by Stipe while Reem KOed JDS.

This really needs to be pointed out...?

Andrei at the time was clearly the #1 contender, but they gave Cain a moronic rematch. You can't even justify business wise because Andrei is a famous former champ. Not like we're talking about unmarketable Rothwell.

Reem should be fighting Stipe, Cain, or Rothwell for #1 contender. Andrei makes no sense.

Stipe is fighting for the belt, Cain is injured, and he already fought Rothwell. Arlovski is the highest ranked opponent available that isn't a rematch. Makes perfect sense.

I honestly don't really get the Miocic title shot having lost to JDS (who recently lost). He doesn't have the wins to warrant it. I think Werdum will maul him but you never know Stipe could ride to the occasion. I just don't expect it to happen. I think Rothwell is getting as close as anyone should to have to get a title shot. Submitting Barnett is arguably as big as Mir submitting Nogueira. Granted he didn't break a limb or anything but it was a huge feather in his cap.

Back