'WSOF 24: Fitch vs. Okami' slated for Oct. 17 in Connecticut

This could now, actually, be a title-fight. And perhaps the worst one in recent memory. A dude coming off a few KO losses at MW when he was previously a top dog there, against a fading veteran coming off a steroid ban. Ooooooooooooooooooof.

Only boring fight for ivanov was Volkov. At least in Bellator. That fight right before with Rich Hale was a war.

Shit, Rich fucking Hale. Whatever happened to him? Dude was usually in exciting fights and had some tidy wins to his name.

Is this a mini tourney for the wsof WW paper championship?

-Per Blagoy Ivanov in a MMA Junkie article, he had fights left with Bellator and it sounded like WSOF offered more.
-Its been said that Sergei Kharitonov wants too much money to compete.

Nick Newell is from CT.

Oh I didnt know about that fight, thanks
He's still young, I hope he could finish his contract with WSOF soon and get a contract with Bellator or M-1 at least, the guy needs to be active.

He might be a little more active in Bellator.

Okami may be a shell of his former self but he's way too big and bad style matchup for Fitch(who is also not the same)

Okami has a 'blanket' reputation but he's much more of a finisher than Shields or Fitch ever were.

Okami has a 'blanket' reputation but he's much more of a finisher than Shields or Fitch ever were.

Not really. Okami just has better striking weapons and hits pretty hard, so he often causes more damage to his opponents

But as a finisher, Shields is clearly the better of those three because of his submission skills, as he has shown many times before, or in WSOF recently. He isnt against the very best but neither is Okami nor Fitch

Okami may be a shell of his former self but he's way too big and bad style matchup for Fitch(who is also not the same)

I dont agree, people overreact about Okami's decline.
The Okami who fought Lombard was a better fighter than he had ever been imo.
Then lost to Jacare and Branch who are huge, top 185lbers and bad matchups for him
Maybe, he has been a bit overrated in the past.
If he makes weight fine, I can see him grapplefucking Fitch as Maia did.

Not really. Okami just has better striking weapons and hits pretty hard, so he often causes more damage to his opponents

But as a finisher, Shields is clearly the better of those three because of his submission skills, as he has shown many times before, or in WSOF recently. He isnt against the very best but neither is Okami nor Fitch

Shields = 31 wins/15 finishes (48.4%)
Okami = 30 wins/15 finishes (50%)

They're pretty damn close

I dont agree, people overreact about Okami's decline.
The Okami who fought Lombard was a better fighter than he had ever been imo.
Then lost to Jacare and Branch who are huge, top 185lbers and bad matchups for him
Maybe, he has been a bit overrated in the past.
If he makes weight fine, I can see him grapplefucking Fitch as Maia did.

his chin is weaker than it has ever been. That's a huge factor in his decline

Shields = 31 wins/15 finishes (48.4%)
Okami = 30 wins/15 finishes (50%)

They're pretty damn close

Its not just about numbers

Verissimo, Thompson, Pyle, Daley, Lawler or Foster, most of them in the first round, are higher level competition than the guys Okami has finished

Okami isn't a finisher anyway, he just manhandles and slaps guys around for 15mins.

Magomed Bibulatov vs Donavon Frelow

125 title fight added

Magomed Bibulatov vs Donavon Frelow

125 title fight added

One of the guys they have fighting for the title is ranked like #192, shallow division.

Okami, Fitch, Vinny, Newell, Hammil, and two title fights? I'm not complaining! I prefer this over most UFC Fight Nights and non-tentpole Bellators. I even prefer it over some lower end UFC on Fox.

Back