WSOF 18 Main Card Set Feb 12th, Moraes/Hill Title Fight

Cody McKenzie's retirement was shorter than most fighters' time in between bouts.

The idiosyncratic UFC veteran has accepted a fight on short notice and will meet Andrew McInnes in the co-main event of World Series Of Fighting 18: Moraes vs. Hill on Feb. 12 in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, it was announced this week. McKenzie announced his retirement after a first-round knockout loss to Beslan Isaev at M-1 Challenge 54 on Dec. 17.

"It was a pretty quick retirement," McKenzie told MMAFighting.com with a laugh. "I lived off my funds as long as I could and when they ran out, sometimes you gotta come out of retirement. Even if it's [two] months later."

McKenzie, an Ultimate Fighter alum, planned on returning to the regular workforce when he left MMA in December. He's still doing that. McKenzie is a commercial fisher in Alaska and is currently taking on odd jobs, like roofing and welding. He figured why not fight also for extra cash?

"I'm just doing it as a hobby now," McKenzie said of MMA. "I'm not looking at this as a job anymore, because it's not a job really. I guess it is. I get some money or whatever. But yeah, I never got into this for the money. I think that's where I got burnt out for awhile, trying to chase the money when it's not there."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/8...month-retirement-i-lived-off-my-funds-as-long

Holy smokes this card is dreadful. WSOF what happened man

Holy smokes this card is dreadful. WSOF what happened man
Go look back. It was never that great. They've pretty much always had two really good fights on the card. Occasionally more. But still essentially the same only now it's down to one half the times.

WSOF was never amazing, always just been super top heavy.

Their champs compete with Bellator and any other orgs. They just have like three guys in each division.

Go look back. It was never that great. They've pretty much always had two really good fights on the card. Occasionally more. But still essentially the same only now it's down to one half the times.

WSOF was never amazing, always just been super top heavy.

Their champs compete with Bellator and any other orgs. They just have like three guys in each division.

They weren't great but I at least knew more than 2 fighters on the card. This card is just a bunch of randoms. It's crazy

Moraes should win and sign with the UFC. Would be an interesting new contender for the BW division, he's wasted in WSOF. Same with Gaethje, I don't disrespect Palomino but cmon, an unbeaten prospect who just beat Guillard shouldn't be fighting what is essentially a heavy-handed journeyman.

Thats why I wish WSOF would fold.

UFC gets

Moraes, Justin, JAG, Palmer, Rama, Glenn, Sheymon Moraes

Bellator gets

Branch, Okami, Spong, Newell, Melvin, Baboon, Hill, Fitch, Shields,

Palhares is a toss up, would like to see him back in UFC but since he still holds subs UFC probably wont take him so Bellator can get him and add to their WW div.

Everyone wins. Bellator gets a couple top WW, Branch and Okami for MW div, Spong can do Glory and Bellator, LW div gets newell, Melvin, Baboon, BW gets Josh Hill.

UFC gets JAG to fight for straw title, Moraes top contender at BW< Justin prospect at LW, Glenn and Palmer some fresh FW talent, Rama at HW.

Main Card:
135lbs- Marlon Moraes (13-4-1) vs. Josh Hill (10-0)
***Bantamweight Title Fight
170lbs- Shane Campbell (8-2) vs. Derek Boyle (13-6)
170lbs- Andrew McInnes (5-1) vs. Cody McKenzie (15-6)
145lbs- Hakeem Dawodu (3-0) vs. Tristan Johnson (9-5)

Preliminary Card: (After Main Event)
155lbs- Mukai Maromo (8-4) vs. Jose Rodriguez (7-3)
170lbs- Mark Drummond (6-2) vs. Spencer Jebb (9-3)
155lbs- Garret Nybakken (6-6) vs. Dan Lariviere (3-2)

Preliminary Card:
185lbs- Matt Baker (11-7) vs. Ali Mokdad (6-3)
185lbs- Graham Park (3-1) vs. Marcus Hicks (19-24)

fight order

http://topmmanews.com/2014/12/31/wsof-18-moraes-vs-hill-february-12/

Back