WSOF 18 Main Card Set Feb 12th, Moraes/Hill Title Fight

Hague is apparently fighting Tanner Boser at Unified MMA in March. Tanner wants to hold the HW and LHW titles there apparently. Knocking off Hague would be a big statement.

Yep...boser vs hague in march...

Spisak is out injured....

Tim chemelli rumored to be added to the card....he retired in 2014 but that's the rumor

Not sure why no smealinho Rama?? Title defense???

Campbell is a good adition being the mfc champ

Jason Coles tweeted a while ago that their HW might already be folded. And if you look on their website, the only HW fighters listed are Mehman, Scott Barrett, Huckaba, and Mocco. That's not a good sign.

Wow is this card horrid. What the hell happened to WSOF? They're done man. I wish they would stick around so fighters can have another home, but this is just sad at this point. Moraes is gonna destroy this dude too.

Stick around for what? There are plenty of other places these guys could fight, smaller orgs like RFA< Legacy, Titan takes alot of ex UFC fighters.

UFC/Bellator will sign the top guys and you also have orgs like M 1, OneFC, KSW that can pick up guys here and there.

Nobody in WSOF will be org less. all they are doing is holding back the careers of guys.

Stick around for what? There are plenty of other places these guys could fight, smaller orgs like RFA< Legacy, Titan takes alot of ex UFC fighters.

UFC/Bellator will sign the top guys and you also have orgs like M 1, OneFC, KSW that can pick up guys here and there.

Nobody in WSOF will be org less. all they are doing is holding back the careers of guys.

I just like having options for fighters. Plus mma on network tv is a good thing. Hopefully another organization can move into nbcsn. But I don't know if any is capable of that many shows. Maybe they do Bellator prelims?

I can't see anyone in WSOF defeating Moraes I would like to see him in Bellator or in the UFC.

What channel is this on?

http://topmmanews.com/2014/12/31/wsof-18-moraes-vs-hill-february-12/comment-page-1/#comment-1999585

Main Card:
135lbs- Marlon Moraes (13-4-1) vs. Josh Hill (10-0)
***Bantamweight Title Fight
145lbs- Antonio Carvalho (15-6) vs. Chris Gruetzemacher (12-1)
170lbs- Shane Campbell (8-2) vs. Derek Boyle (13-6)
145lbs- Hakeem Dawodu (3-0) vs. Tristan Johnson (9-5)
Preliminary Card:
155lbs- Mukai Maromo (8-4) vs. Jose Rodriguez (7-3)
170lbs- Mark Drummond (6-2) vs. Spencer Jebb (9-3)
185lbs- Graham Park (3-1) vs. Marcus Hicks (19-24)
170lbs- Andrew McInnes (5-1) vs. TBA
185lbs- Chase Degenhardt (8-3) vs. TBA
155lbs- Roger Alves (2-1) vs. TBA
155lbs- Garret Nybakken (6-6) vs. TBA

Derek Boyle replaces Brandt Dewsbery against Shane Campbell

Paul L's 'Great MFC card' comment looks even funnier now with the prelims filled out.

Excited to see Mukai back in action.

Im from Europa and I have never seen a Titan, RFA or whatever org from USA. I've seen WSOF cards though.

Any fighter would tell you he has more worldwide exposure fighting in WSOF than in Titan or other regional org, so it would be a step back for them.

About UFC/Bellator signing the top guys..not sure about that, maybe those who excite the mainstream fans. Im not sure about Bellator picking Branch or Okami and pay them what they worth to spoil their champion. It probably result on them fighting in Titan/One fighting even weaker competition than at WSOF now, or with even less exposure
UFC can pick whoever they want whenever they want, WSOF around or not

Last edited:
DAN LARIVIERE 3-2 vs Garrett nybakken 6-6 added

Darren Owen says:
January 26, 2015 at 9:57 pm
Fight added: Matt Baker 11-7 vs Ali Mokdad 6-3 @185

Updated with fight order for this event.

Prelims:
1. Park vs. Hicks
2. Mokdad vs. Baker
Main Card:
3. Dawodu vs. Johnson
4. Maromo vs. Rodriguez
5. Campbell vs. Boyle-co main
6. Moraes vs. Hill-main event

Prelims: (After main event)
7. Nybakken vs. Laiviere
8. Drummond vs. Jebb
9. McInnis vs. McKenzie

WTF didnt even know the co main is gone, well this card is a trash fire. Only positive is Moraes is fighting and its on Thurs so it helps break up the week a bit.

Im from Europa and I have never seen a Titan, RFA or whatever org from USA. I've seen WSOF cards though.

Any fighter would tell you he has more worldwide exposure fighting in WSOF than in Titan or other regional org, so it would be a step back for them.

About UFC/Bellator signing the top guys..not sure about that, maybe those who excite the mainstream fans. Im not sure about Bellator picking Branch or Okami and pay them what they worth to spoil their champion. It probably result on them fighting in Titan/One fighting even weaker competition than at WSOF now, or with even less exposure
UFC can pick whoever they want whenever they want, WSOF around or not

Good point

Honestly i loved wsof at forst but at this point i wish they would fold. Branch, Shields, Justin G. and Moraes to the UFC the rest divide between bellator and titan.

WSOF always has really fun main events. So it's like you can't miss it, cause I want to see the Main event. But the rest the card is always depressing.

Moraes deserves better. I think theway things are going with the UFC and them needing 135 contenders?

They'll pull him away eventually. If he wins this fight. 135 could really use him.

lets see how it goes with the thursday night ratings??? ill be watching...good weekend to be an mma fan for sure

Back