Writers Guild Names 101 Best-Written Shows Ever (June 2013)

You're delusional.

Seinfeld's greatness is pretty much recognized across the board, and you have no case for it being otherwise.

See the vid I posted without the laugh track? Listen to yourselves, you guys are like Big Bang Theory fangirls convinced its the funniest show ever, despite the fact that it relies on laugh tracks.

'Across the board.' Yeah, shows their standard of humor.

Shows like Family Guy and South Park are worth respecting because they don't use a crutch like laugh tracks to tell their audience to laugh.

For me the brilliance of Seinfeld came with time. I still go back and watch an episode and it's enormously funny even though I know the story and even the punch lines. Maybe it's because it's so relatable. Lots of sitcoms are funny, even in repeat viewings. But with Seinfeld I'm guaranteed to laugh out loud on basically anything past season 1 or 2.

Yes, it does. Pardon me if your dreams of your favorite show were just shattered, but saying that clip is funny is like saying Lil Wayne is a great guitar player.

My account being banned in 3.......

and you throwing your opinion around as fact is like saying Lil John is a great lyricist. just because you don't like Seinfeld doesn't make you right. it's pretty widely viewed by fans and critics alike as one of the greatest shows ever.

[Yt]vDYck1aEkxI[/MEDIA]

Take out the laugh track of any sitcom and try laughing at the same parts that you used to find hilarious. I dare you.

No television comedy in history had regular people imitating the morning after it than Seinfield. It was genius, and the Writers Guild knows it.

It's an incredibly funny show that is incredibly funny because they have excellent writers. They aren't ad libbing and they're very funny on a (sorry about this) daily basis.

It's worth mentioning the show has 40 writers.

It's an incredibly funny show that is incredibly funny because they have excellent writers. They aren't ad libbing and they're very funny on a (sorry about this) daily basis.

I guess so. I thought the Daily Show was more like a tonight show with Jay Leno kinda show.

and you throwing your opinion around as fact is like saying Lil John is a great lyricist. just because you don't like Seinfeld doesn't make you right. it's pretty widely viewed by fans and critics alike as one of the greatest shows ever.

So you laughed at that clip?

I would honestly have Seinfeld over The Sopranos...almost every single Seinfeld episode was so cleverly written that it's ridiculous. #1 IMO. I don't think that show has a single bad episode.

I like The Sopranos quite a bit...but I don't quite see what's so great about the writing honestly

Yes, it does. Pardon me if your dreams of your favorite show were just shattered, but saying that clip is funny is like saying Lil Wayne is a great guitar player.

I literally just watched the clip and laughed all the way through it. I think yours were the only dreams shattered here, as your pathetic attempt to prove the practically universal consensus greatest comedy series ever (if not overall GOAT) to be unfunny failed miserably, as everyone but you knew it inevitably would.

seinfeld33.gif

Didn't laugh at the Kramer part but the part with George and the half naked pictures was still hilarious. Remember that show Friends? Now THAT is laugh track gone insane. I watched a few episodes of it recently and shit was obnoxious as fuck.

Not a lot, but what did you expect?

The show was written expecting a laugh track, when you remove it you're left with long, awkward pauses.

You understand that timing is important in comedy, right?

(Sigh) fine.

This is like convincing a suicide bomber that he's not getting 70 virgins after pushing the button.

Yeah, a room full of people disagrees with you, and THEY'RE all crazy.

When I'm a doctor in a psych warden, you're damn right.

You know you're not, right?

Are there some kind of meds you're supposed to be taking a lot of that you're currently taking none of?

Are there some kind of meds you're supposed to be taking a lot of that you're currently taking none of?

Maybe his psychiatrist is out of the country.

jPI3Xq3uiYZWG.jpg

Back