Writers Guild Names 101 Best-Written Shows Ever (June 2013)

So you laughed at that clip?

I watched it and still laughed. Your vendetta against it seems more out of boredom than anything legitimate. Your ''points'' are ill-conceived and amount to nothing more than ''that's not funny!''. If you think it shouldn't be ranked that high, try showing a bit of your apparent comedic technical expertise.

Personally, I've never seen another comedy develop several plot lines all at once at such a breakneck pace while tying them together out of nowhere in one fell swoop. I marvel at how many of the episodes are truly unpredictable up until the last second. Many of the themes from Seinfeld have become a part of America. Would ideas such as ''man hands'' and ''close talker'' exist so clearly in people's minds if not for Seinfeld? Probably not.

There's only about 3 non USA shows.......biased much?

Maybe his psychiatrist is out of the country.

jPI3Xq3uiYZWG.jpg

:cool:

I literally just watched the clip and laughed all the way through it. I think yours were the only dreams shattered here, as your pathetic attempt to prove the practically universal consensus greatest comedy series ever (if not overall GOAT) to be unfunny failed miserably, as everyone but you knew it inevitably would.

seinfeld33.gif

Couldn't have said it better myself. Pretty funny to see how brutally shit on Metal Gear is by some of the most respected posters on Sherdog. I laughed just as much as I ever had at the clips without the laugh track. This ranting on about a laugh track being a "crutch", and the reason people think it is funny is the most absurd pathetic thing I have heard in a very long time. Congrats. Must be painful to live in a world where one can be that intensely bitter at a light hearted classic like Seinfeld.

Is Madmen really that good? I've never watched.

Yeah, it's really good but it's not everyone's cup of tea, though. I loved it but have recommended it to friends who were bored to death with it.

Would like to see Breaking Bad a bit higher. If Lost ended after season three, it would be top 10.

those no laugh track videos are annoying because the way the entire thing goes absolutely silent. like no ambient noise or anything.

Would like to see Breaking Bad a bit higher. If Lost ended after season three, it would be top 10.

It's possible it will be higher next year, at the time this was published, it hadn't finished yet.

I suspect the HUGE success of Ozymandias will have some impact.

Yeah, it's really good but it's not everyone's cup of tea, though. I loved it but have recommended it to friends who were bored to death with it.

Everything is worth checking out at least once. I'll give it a look eventually.

Good point, but if the acting was THAT bad, the show wouldn't have lasted long enough to get nominated.

The rest, well, maybe.

Nonetheless, writing and acting are different things, and can be judged separately. Just a quick example- Alan Rickman in "Robin Hood- Prince of Thieves". That is one shitty movie full of horrible wooden dialogue and the writing team should be shot. But Alan Rickman was absolutely brilliant in it.

And as for the other things, there is no maybe. There is only "Okay, yes, agreed". Why would you even start to think that good cinematography or good music = good writing? Seriously. Why?

Curb Your Enthusiasm > Seinfeld. Not to mention Curb is mostly improve.

Curb Your Enthusiasm > Seinfeld. Not to mention Curb is mostly improve.

So you're saying Curb is mostly improv (as opposed to scripted...writing) but it's better than Seinfeld on a list that rates which shows are best written?

So you're saying Curb is mostly improv (as opposed to scripted...writing) but it's better than Seinfeld on a list that rates which shows are best written?

The plot and story is still written in a script so it qualifies

Back