Wrestling Shoes

Masakatsu Funaki #1

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Going to post a few finds here, and you guys tell me what you think. (Recommendations, Reviews, etc)

I am trying not to spend over $80 bucks, and would like to try and stay around $50-$60 range if I can.

WS08_2.jpg

http://www.combatsports.com/detail.aspx?ID=24353

$79.99

I like those Cael's, just not in that color. I bought some Fuerte's and now wish I would have went with the Cael's.

Combat Sports has a sale on the rhino gears for 24.99 I believe... They look better than my ascis I have.

i have the cael v1's 2 pairs of them, best shoe i've ever used.

~Foz@work

i have the cael v1's 2 pairs of them, best shoe i've ever used.

~Foz@work

I highly agree. Cael v.1's are the greatest. Nike is shit when it comes to wrestling shoes. Either Asics or Adidas will do fine, although I have a bias towards Asics.

Nike wrestling shoes are horrible. My favorite shoes by far were my Adidas Tyrint. Given that was the ver 1, I haven't tried out the new ones yet.

562187.jpg

Total n00b question, but are you guys using wrestling shoes for wrestling training or for mat work in general?

Nike wrestling shoes are horrible. My favorite shoes by far were my Adidas Tyrint. Given that was the ver 1, I haven't tried out the new ones yet.

562187.jpg
The problem I have with Adidas for overall grappling is the damn soles. Check out the heels on the Tyrint, thick as ever! Its like someone begging to be heel hooked.

Right now I roll in the classic Gables and love them due to the flexability of the soles. I am never afraid of getting caught in a heel hook or toe hold in those.

04fd_1.JPG

0b47_1.JPG

I would buy somemore Sambo shoes, but prefer the traction you get with wrestling shoes better.

Hmmm...

Total n00b question, but are you guys using wrestling shoes for wrestling training or for mat work in general?
Totally valid question.

I am using wrestling shoes for mat work overall. Wether it be Folkstyle, Freestyle, Catch, Sambo, No-Gi, whatever!

Back