Wrestling Shoes

Might as well bump this thread with a question:

I'm thinking of getting a pair of Asics, but can't decide between the new Caels or the Gable Ultimates. I'm also going to be using them for boxing, so which of the two would be the better pick? Open to other suggestions if those aren't the best choices.

MRRYZER :

I use them whenever they're allowed. They give better traction, but most importantly, they protect your foot.

Toes are extremely vulnerable in grappling.

However, advanced players who have to protect against leg locks and toe holds will tell you that shoes will make u easier to catch.

Anyone try out the Rulons?

JY500_5993M.jpg

I think I saw a bad review on one site, but that could've been an isolated opinion. The interesting thing about this shoe is it's surprisingly lightweight, the lightest Asics shoe according to the profile on weplaysports.com. From looking at it I would've never guessed that. It looks bulky and heavy as hell, and the sole doesn't give off an impression of lightness either.

Might as well bump this thread with a question:

I'm thinking of getting a pair of Asics, but can't decide between the new Caels or the Gable Ultimates. I'm also going to be using them for boxing, so which of the two would be the better pick? Open to other suggestions if those aren't the best choices.

Get the Cael v3s and use the $50 I just saved you to buy me a pair of Ecko board shorts.

Get the Cael v3s and use the $50 I just saved you to buy me a pair of Ecko board shorts.

I see what you're getting at... the shoes look almost identical all the way down to the soles. So the extra 50 bucks for the Gables is just because they're slightly more flexible? Yeah, I think I'll stick with the cheaper Cales, but that 50 bucks saved is going straight into my Homer Simpson piggy bank, thank you very much for the advice though. :)

Following up my post on the Rulons, I found another site where the shoes got great reviews, so they seem like a pretty good shoe. And only 7.7oz. Hmm.

I just ordered a pair of adidas response shoes from eastbay, no experience with them, just hoping they are as good as they look. The price is 83$, but there was a 10% discount. :) Anyone got some experience with those shoes?
adidas Men's Response Wrestling - Black/Black/Gold

Gonna be using them for boxing and some mma training, ive been using some kind of adidas tkd/karate shoes earlier, but they have no ancle support, and my foot tends to glide inside the shoe, giving me blisters.

if you are getting wrestling shoes for training just get some asics from dicks or adidas for 40 bucks, ive wrestled in adidas and they do the job.

I see what you're getting at... the shoes look almost identical all the way down to the soles. So the extra 50 bucks for the Gables is just because they're slightly more flexible? Yeah, I think I'll stick with the cheaper Cales, but that 50 bucks saved is going straight into my Homer Simpson piggy bank, thank you very much for the advice though. :)

Following up my post on the Rulons, I found another site where the shoes got great reviews, so they seem like a pretty good shoe. And only 7.7oz. Hmm.

The Gables are actually stiffer than the Caels, the extra 50 bucks is because every shoe has a piece of Dan Gable's soul. One of my friends had a pair of the Rulons and they were pretty good but the Caels are better. I haven't had any experience with Asics' newest line of shoes yet.

ASICS Ultratek Wrestling Shoes on Worldwide Sport Supply

ASICS Split Second 7 Wrestling Shoes on Worldwide Sport Supply

The Gables are actually stiffer than the Caels, the extra 50 bucks is because every shoe has a piece of Dan Gable's soul. One of my friends had a pair of the Rulons and they were pretty good but the Caels are better. I haven't had any experience with Asics' newest line of shoes yet.

ASICS Ultratek Wrestling Shoes on Worldwide Sport Supply

ASICS Split Second 7 Wrestling Shoes on Worldwide Sport Supply

Thanks, I'm getting Caels but I'm still tempted by the Rulons. If I can find a good deal on those, I might bite.

The new Split Seconds look nice, and have a decent price. The Ultrateks scare me however. I'm not dat hardcore. Not yet, anyway.

I've been looking for wrestling shoes also.

Should I get the Cael v2.0 or v3.0?

Whichever you can find cheaper. I don't think you can go wrong with either version.

Well, I ended up getting the Cael V3s... and the Rulons, lol. I had a tough time deciding, and found a good deal on both, so I got one of them for one of my training partners who wrestles. I'll try both out, and sell him the pair I like less.

pG01-966680reg.jpg

827-121031-t.jpg

These are the best shoes i've ever seen. If I had a choice of what to get it would be either the old school original Adidas Combat Speed or the old school original Onisuka Tigers.

I own this pair. Only had them a few weeks but I like them. Very comfortable.

How is the fit? I bought a pair of Addidas Tyrnt's and they are so thin, I can't use them. Do the Asics fit a bit wider?

How is the fit? I bought a pair of Addidas Tyrnt's and they are so thin, I can't use them. Do the Asics fit a bit wider?

That's funny because my first pair of wrestling shoes were the Tyrints. I wore a hole under the ball of the foot (we wear shoes in kickboxing) and that is why I just got a new pair of shoes. The Tyrints looked nicer which was why I bought them, but they were tight on me too. I thought that was normal for wrestling shoes as that was my first pair. I would say the Asics are definitely wider which is probably why the seem so comfortable to me now that I think about it.

Back