Social WR Lounge v 235: Arcane Rogue Trickster, but who likes Sickness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will never get around the entertainment need. When development organizations were talking about getting people above of world poverty of $$1 or $2, they found that it had to be more because even at that level, people would divert resources to entertainment. Even cavemen need to live a little.

$20 says cavemen had more sophisticated taste in art than contemporary American conservatives.

$20 says cavemen had more sophisticated taste in art than contemporary American conservatives.

what type of art do you like?

you strike me as a Surrealist.

blossom-756x1024.jpg

How come they don't participate in the Big 5 with the other Philly schools?

The Big 5 isn't an actual conference; just a nickname for Philly area schools with D1 programs. Drexel considers themselves part of the Big 5 and the actual Big 5 won't publicly disagree but they all have had periods of legit success

The Big 5 isn't an actual conference; just a nickname for Philly area schools with D1 programs. Drexel considers themselves part of the Big 5 and the actual Big 5 won't publicly disagree but they all have had periods of legit success
I know that but they don't participate in it.

Philadelphia_Big_5_logo_%282013%29.png

what type of art do you like?

you strike me as a Surrealist.

blossom-756x1024.jpg

I'm talking about art more broadly, as in film, music, and television.

But, to answer your question, I'm not beholden to any particular style. It depends on what I see. I tend not to favor surrealism actually, but that's not absolute. I have several pieces, but my favorite is actually a piece I picked up from a Cuban government art collective that was made by a teenage girl many years ago.

I'm talking about art more broadly, as in film, music, and television.

But, to answer your question, I'm not beholden to any particular style. It depends on what I see. I tend not to favor surrealism actually, but that's not absolute. I have several pieces, but my favorite is actually a piece I picked up from a Cuban government art collective that was made by a teenage girl many years ago.

58d24df537e939048803da826f916282.gif

If you enjoy art, I highly recommend visiting. Art is huge in Cuba, particularly Cienfuegos. The streets are covered in artwork and, of course given that it's a communist country, artists are more free to create than in most other countries where starvation serves as a strong disincentive.

truth be told...there are several things I'm not adept at ...

appreciating art is one of them...nor properly decorating a home with the right color scheme.

I do appreciate different forms of art.

like schizophrenic art. Like this dude with the cats.

GmZyiHHhoccpYWsvUtrnkpXf_viT4637enEKjv2QUodFOG-GLPNz3FuRXyVhScKz8qkqOC_W0_BPejU6HuZ6XoyPKepW0RzGZlmY1mk-zHtGRPDRNFFuAIRltwPsBR1GTw

@AgonyandIrony

Smoked pork chops rubbed in smoked garlic, salt, pepper. Topped with onions, poblanos, and jalapenos. Salad is just lettuce, tomato, and red onion in a vinegar & oil dressing. I coulda cooked the pork 5 degrees less but still pretty good.

7IIuJnX.jpg

truth be told...there are several things I'm not adept at ...

appreciating art is one of them...nor properly decorating a home with the right color scheme.

I do appreciate different forms of art.

like schizophrenic art. Like this dude with the cats.

GmZyiHHhoccpYWsvUtrnkpXf_viT4637enEKjv2QUodFOG-GLPNz3FuRXyVhScKz8qkqOC_W0_BPejU6HuZ6XoyPKepW0RzGZlmY1mk-zHtGRPDRNFFuAIRltwPsBR1GTw

Interior design, at least in terms of synchronizing colors, is silly and frivolous imo. I like those cat paintings, though. Particularly the top middle one.

Interior design, at least in terms of synchronizing colors, is silly and frivolous imo. I like those cat paintings, though. Particularly the top middle one.

the artist has a pretty interesting history.
Louis Wainn I believe was his name. he used to do postcards.

but when when his "schizophenia took hold, his art took a different turn.

this was his earlier work:

220px-Wain_cat_--_representative.jpg

upload_2021-3-9_20-48-40.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back