WPO Results from Chicago

nudge119

Green Belt
Reaction score
Jeff Lewis (6'6 550lbs) squatted 1202 for a new world record - (haven't seen a video yet -not sure if they had cameras big enough to fit him in the frame)

He ended up totalling 2679 for 2nd place to Garry Frank's 2733. Paul Childress was 3rd with 2662.

There were 6 1100lb squats!!!

Mike Wolfey broke the world record bench at 198lbs with a 688.

Oleksandr Kutcher totalled 2122 at 165 BW

Becca Swanson totalled 2050 at 247 BW - first women to break 2000.

Ryan Kennelly won the Becnch for Cash with a 854 - most of the big names went balls to the wall and bombed out on all 3 attempts.

Full Results

http://www.worldpowerlifting.org/index.cfm?page=results.cfm

jeff639.jpg

Yup, jeff's a pretty big guy . . .

Oleksandr Kutcher totalled 2122 at 165 BW
Now that makes me feel pathetic, I'm heavier than this guy and he makes me look like a schoolgirl.

SmashiusClay said:
Now that makes me feel pathetic, I'm heavier than this guy and he makes me look like a schoolgirl.

I have a hard time looking at what some of the elite female lifters are doing.

morganfreeman said:

I know of at least one of them that is smoking hot too.

morganfreeman said:

Yeah it is ridiculous, but Becca is really in a class by herself.

She has broken 2000 when to my knowledge no other women has broken 1600 yet.

nudge119 said:

Most of my motivation to lift big weights is fuelled by a misogynist belief that I should be able to squat, deadlift and bench more than any woman alive. You gotta set the bar low. I doubt I have the genetics to compete with the garry frank's of the world, but I figure just by virtue of having a penis and working testicles I should be genetically superior to most women in the strength department. That 2000 total is almost twice what I lift right now. I don't care how much longer she's been training, what type of shirt or suit she wears, or whether her testosterone levels are artificially kept higher than mine, no matter how you look at it, that's emasculating.

SmashiusClay said:

"In Russia there is a school girl warming up with your max weight."

morganfreeman said:
Most of my motivation to lift big weights is fuelled by a misogynist belief that I should be able to squat, deadlift and bench more than any woman alive. You gotta set the bar low. I doubt I have the genetics to compete with the garry frank's of the world, but I figure just by virtue of having a penis and working testicles I should be genetically superior to most women in the strength department. That 2000 total is almost twice what I lift right now. I don't care how much longer she's been training, what type of shirt or suit she wears, or whether her testosterone levels are artificially kept higher than mine, no matter how you look at it, that's emasculating.

You're like my inner chi, Morgan Freeman.

Just call me Andy Dufresne from now on.

morganfreeman said:
jeff639.jpg

Yup, jeff's a pretty big guy . . .

I would LOVE to see this guy jump.

He's so fat, but with that squat, I know he could get off the ground. Seriously, how freaked out would you be if you saw a 550 pound man get two feet off the ground?

He squatted more than double his bodyweight :)

nudge119 said:

Becca is truly not even on the same level as any other female lifter. I've had the privelage of seeing her compete and even doing a couple of her local meets myself in the past. Very nice lady, very strong lifter, goes to show what can be done when you put your mind to something.

Didn't Benni miss the lockout by a few inches for the deadlift WR, Nudge?

Madmick said:
Didn't Benni miss the lockout by a few inches for the deadlift WR, Nudge?

Benni didn't lift in Chicago last weekend.

He is lifting this Sunday though in a WPO meet in Helsinki and he is going to be lifting against Bolton for the first time - so I would say there is a good chance the record could be broken this weekend

nudge119 said:
Benni didn't lift in Chicago last weekend.

He is lifting this Sunday though in a WPO meet in Helsinki and he is going to be lifting against Bolton for the first time - so I would say there is a good chance the record could be broken this weekend

Oh, okay. I thought I read he challenged the deadlift WR at a WPO meet (1kg over the current record) but failed just a few inches short of lockout. Do you know anything about this?

I know Benni tried but just missed 937 back in April at the Icelandic Powerlifting Championships - he did get 903 though.

Bolton actually just missed going over 1000 back in June (in just a singlet). He also plans on trying a 1200 squat this Sunday in Finland - should make for a very interesting day - he would only need to bench in the mid 600's to break Frank's record of 2805 for the biggest total of all time.

Here's what Andy posted on the irongladiators forum;
"hey brent how you doing the show was good the 425k was so easy never have i pulled a wt so fast ever then 1000 came up very quick but at my knees just came away from me and i lost it the wt did not feel that heavy also i locked out 640 twice but just hit the stands at the top anyway all looks good for finland in november where mike millers sqt will go talk soon friend ps have sent you a photo of the lift via email"

Back