Soa Palelei
Jared Rosholt
Shawn Jordan
Stefan Struve
Brendan Schaub
Matt Mitrione
deergod.jpg

It's even worse than I thought.

Again, has nothing to do with you trashing legends & does not even apply to this convo.
says the guy who randomly brought up Fabricio Werdum out of the blue.

Again, has nothing to do with you trashing legends & does not even apply to this convo.

Word.

Travis Browne (yes he is a prospect)
Ruslan Magomedov
Soa Palelei
Jared Rosholt
Shawn Jordan
Stefan Struve
Brendan Schaub
Matt Mitrione

ice_cube_wtf.gif

Word.

Travis Browne (yes he is a prospect)
Ruslan Magomedov
Soa Palelei
Jared Rosholt
Shawn Jordan
Stefan Struve
Brendan Schaub
Matt Mitrione

Mitrione is pushing 36 and pretty awful. Soa is pushing 37, has 24 fights and not a good win on his record.

Dana White basically agrees the event was crap, there was not one stand-out amazing fight, so there was no FotN award.

4 fighters got Performance of the Night though.

Meh, I only watched the Main Event.. looks like Mark Munoz is on his way out of the UFC soon.. he's basically a Keith Jardine now

Both events were watered-down pieces of crap. And UFC wonders why fan interest is at an all-time low.

They need to start stacking these events. Mousasi, Munoz, Stipe, and Fabio should NOT be headlining any events yet. It would be hard to make an argument for them to be in the co-main event as well.
Fight Night has been around since 2005 and they are rarely if ever stacked. They have ways been a vehicle for developing prospects. TUF finales are never stacked either. This isnt a new thing.

A lot more shit on the horizon.

I tried warning everyone about this but a lot of you lack vision and/or CAN'T handle the truth.

Hope you guys have your buckets and mops ready. Those of you that blindly support Zuffa are just as much to blame as them...so THANKS

OH DEAR

You tried to warn us? Fight Night has been around since 2005. I dont need somebody in 2014 telling me that Fight Nights and TUF finales are filled with prospects.

I wonder if there are boxing fans who only enjoy the big fights but watch every Friday Night Fights and Golden Boy Boxing episode and complain that Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao are not there every week.

Probably not, because they don't have a bizarre dislike of anyone who debuted after 1999 and understand that not every fight is supposed to be the biggest thing ever. Remember when Boxing fans freaked out when Zou Shimming was in the main event on HBO against Yokthong Kokietgym? Of course you don't, because they simply know to watch only what they are interested in which is a foreign concept around here.

Dana White basically agrees the event was crap, there was not one stand-out amazing fight, so there was no FotN award.

4 fighters got Performance of the Night though.

Meh, I only watched the Main Event.. looks like Mark Munoz is on his way out of the UFC soon.. he's basically a Keith Jardine now

UFC 119 had two fight of the nights. Point invalid.

I wonder if there are boxing fans who only enjoy the big fights but watch every Friday Night Fights and Golden Boy Boxing episode and complain that Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao are not there every week.

Probably not, because they don't have a bizarre dislike of anyone who debuted after 1999 and understand that not every fight is supposed to be the biggest thing ever. Remember when Boxing fans freaked out when Zou Shimming was in the main event on HBO against Yokthong Kokietgym? Of course you don't, because they simply know to watch only what they are interested in which is a foreign concept around here.
There was a show called WCW Saturday Night that was a lot like UFC Fight Night. WWE did something similar called Shotgun Saturday Night. I never once heard rassling fans complain about those shows. UFC fans truly are the worst.

There was a show called WCW Saturday Night that was a lot like UFC Fight Nights. WWE did something similar called Shotgun Saturday Night. I never once heard rassling fans complain about those shows. UFC fans truly are the worst.

I would have compared Fight Nights to Thunder and the Fight Pass stuff to Saturday Night (neither of these shows aired on the same channel as Nitro, yet me and my kid friends were not oh so confused that it wasn't all on the same channel like people here). I didn't watch much of either of those two shows though, but I did watch Nitro almost every week and the PPVs until a time. I think WWF had a number of B or C shows they sold in syndication and to other networks throughout the years.

Even as kids we knew what these shows were. If you watched WCW Satuday Night or WWF Shotgun Saturday Night you were not going to see the big names in anything but maybe a squash match. That was for the bigger shows. This is a concept lost around here.

I just don't see where the confusion is. The cards are fairly simply tiered. I would understand maybe if every show the UFC did was a numbered card but you can easily tell the bigger cards from the smaller ones.

You tried to warn us? Fight Night has been around since 2005. I dont need somebody in 2014 telling me that Fight Nights and TUF finales are filled with prospects.
He tried to warn us that in 2014 BJ Penn vs Frankie Edgar would be headlining a Fight Night which is clearly a downgrade from Kenny Florian vs Din Thomas.

A lot more shit on the horizon.

I tried warning everyone about this but a lot of you lack vision and/or CAN'T handle the truth.

Hope you guys have your buckets and mops ready. Those of you that blindly support Zuffa are just as much to blame as them...so THANKS

OH DEAR

Here are the upcoming fight night events.

6/7
main CARD
FOX Sports 1, 10 p.m. ET
Benson Henderson vs. Rustam Khabilov
Ross Pearson vs. Diego Sanchez
John Dodson vs. John Moraga
Rafael dos Anjos vs. Jason High
Yves Edwards vs. Piotr Hallmann
Bryan Caraway vs. Erik Perez
Yaotzin Meza vs. Sergio Pettis
Lance Benoist vs. Bobby Voelker
Scott Jorgensen vs. Danny Martinez
Jake Lindsey vs. Jon Tuck
Patrick Cummins vs. Roger Narvaez

6/28
main CARD
UFC Fight Pass, 5 a.m. ET
Nate Marquardt vs. James Te Huna
Soa Palelei vs. Jared Rosholt
Hatsu Hioki vs. Charles Oliveira
Robert Whittaker vs. Mike Rhodes
Dashon Johnson vs. Jake Matthews
Roldan Sangcha-an vs. Richie Vaculik
Vik Grujic vs. Chris Indich
Claudio Henrique da Silva vs. Neil Magny
Ian Entwistle vs. Daniel Hooker
Sean O'Connell vs. Gian Villante

6/28
Cub Swanson vs. Jeremy Stephens
Kelvin Gastelum vs. Nicholas Musoke
Myles Jury vs. Abel Trujillo
Andrew Craig vs. Cezar Ferreira
Hacran Dias vs. Ricardo Lamas
Clint Hester vs. Antonio Braga Neto
Johnny Bedford vs. Cody Gibson
Joe Ellenberger vs. Frank Trevino
Carlos Diego Ferreira vs. Colton Smith
Luiz Dutra vs. Sean Spencer
Andy Enz vs. Marcelo Guimaraes
Anthony Hamilton vs. Oleksiy Oliynyk
Ryan Benoit vs. Ray Borg

7/6
Frankie Edgar vs. B.J. Penn
opponent TBA vs. opponent TBA
middleweight tournament final
opponent TBA vs. opponent TBA
lightheavyweight tournament final
Kevin Lee vs. Jesse Ronson
Dustin Ortiz vs. Justin Scoggins
Guto Inocente vs. Derrick Lewis
Alexis Dufresne vs. Sarah Moras

7/16
Donald Cerrone vs. Jim Miller
John Lineker vs. Alptekin Ozkilic
John Howard vs. Rick Story
Pat Healy vs. Gleison Tibau
Edson Barboza vs. Evan Dunham
Jim Alers vs. Lucas Martins
Aljamain Sterling vs. Hugo Viana
Joe Proctor vs. Justin Salas
Kenny Robertson vs. opponent TBA

7/19

Conor McGregor vs. Cole Miller
Zak Cummings vs. Gunnar Nelson
Ian McCall vs. Brad Pickett
Ilir Latifi vs. Tom Lawlor
Cody Donovan vs. Nikita Krylov
Phil Harris vs. Neil Seery
Trevor Smith vs. Tor Troeng
Naoyuki Kotani vs. Norman Parke

8/23
Michael Bisping vs. Cung Le
Dong Hyun Kim vs. Hector Lombard

UFC Japan Sept

Nelson/Hunt

Barnatt was on TUF, so apparently these events need more tuffers to attract people like the TS. Unfortunately, Bubba McDaniels was just cut.

lol

Junie Browning making a come back. Probably 2-3 from every series really stick. Gastelum on his way to a big name.

I would have compared Fight Nights to Thunder and the Fight Pass stuff to Saturday Night (neither of these shows aired on the same channel as Nitro, yet me and my kid friends were not oh so confused that it wasn't all on the same channel like people here). I didn't watch much of either of those two shows though, but I did watch Nitro almost every week and the PPVs until a time. I think WWF had a number of B or C shows they sold in syndication and to other networks throughout the years.

Even as kids we knew what these shows were. If you watched WCW Satuday Night or WWF Shotgun Saturday Night you were not going to see the big names in anything but maybe a squash match. That was for the bigger shows. This is a concept lost around here.

I just don't see where the confusion is. The cards are fairly simply tiered. I would understand maybe if every show the UFC did was a numbered card but you can easily tell the bigger cards from the smaller ones.
When you put it like that, it really is embarrassing. UFC fans cannot comprehend a concept easily understood by these people.

Wrestling_Fans_display_image.jpg

When you put it like that, it really is embarrassing. UFC fans cannot comprehend a concept easily understood by these people.

Wrestling_Fans_display_image.jpg

Difference is they love wrestling and support it and follow it.

mma fans complain about having to change the channel from FS1 to Fox to watch free fights.

Back