Wow, that Germany event was crap

You're the same guy who says John Elway was overrated. Go back to sucking Dragonballs.
I don't watch football and have never uttered the name "John Elway" in my life until now. I even had to look up his name to make sure he played that sport. What are you talking about?

I don't watch football and have never uttered the name "John Elway" in my life until now. I even had to look up his name to make sure he played that sport. What are you talking about?

My bad, I forgot that Elway weighs over 155lbs.

My bad, I forgot that Elway weighs over 155lbs.
Apparently he is also old and way past his expiration date, but hey, they should still let him play because he's a legend. Who cares about these new guys in their prime?

"Big names" on this forum almost always mean old ass fighters way past their prime. No thanks. I'd much rather watch prospects like Niklas Backstrom than see zombie Nog ko'd or Frank Mir get the shit beat out of him again.

Yet Frank Mir and the rest could still wreck most of the "prospects" you're talking about I'd wager. Guys that have been around so long can't really get easy fights. When two prospects are fighting, there tend to be a much higher probability for skill mismatches so they can look really dominant/good. If you are fighting at the upper echelons, it's much harder to look good and you end up dropping fights.

That said, you are referencing HW's and as everyone should know, it is a shallower division, anyway. Tell me about all the awesome HW prospects that are so much better than Mir and Nog.

Apparently he is also old and way past his expiration date so lets trash him because he's a legend. Who cares about the guys who paved the way for MMA

1. Just say what you really wanna say^^^

2. Elway could probably compete for the QB job on the jets.

Probably has something to do with being a sports fan.

3. Can't name John Elway but can name Goku, seems like a legit sports fan

Yet Frank Mir and the rest could still wreck most of the "prospects" you're talking about I'd wager. Guys that have been around so long can't really get easy fights. When two prospects are fighting, there tend to be a much higher probability for skill mismatches so they can look really dominant/good. If you are fighting at the upper echelons, it's much harder to look good and you end up dropping fights.
There aren't any prospects at HW so your point is moot.

If you only watch fights where the top 5 or 10 compete your not a real fan! Both cards had good action and for free it was good to watch.

HW is a shallower division. You are talking about a lighter prospect, bring up some lighter tired, old warhorses that need to be put out to pasture, then, rather than the HW's. And my point still stands that it is a different matter dominating on your way up than it is once you are a big name and they feed you to the real killers.

The fights were pretty good overall. The Berlin card was much better than the Brazil card, IMO. Definitely worth the watch.

HW is a shallower division. You are talking about a lighter prospect, bring up some lighter tired, old warhorses that need to be put out to pasture, then, rather than the HW's. And my point still stands that it is a different matter dominating on your way up than it is once you are a big name and they feed you to the real killers.
I said the same thing about Mac Danzig. A lot of these guys checked out a long time ago and it's brutal to watch.

I much preferred it to the Brazilian one.

He said absolute no names (besides Barnatt)

If I didn't watch a few episodes of TUF, Barnatt would be in that list of absolute no names. No more worth pointing out than the next guy.

He said Barnatt wasn't a no-name, not that he is a "big name." Whatevs though.

Damn those free events always with their lower tier talent, why do they only fill the PPV's with the big star power?

:rolleyes:

I said the same thing about Mac Danzig. A lot of these guys checked out a long time ago and it's brutal to watch.

I don't remember him being some sort of world-beater than continued on past his prime. Did he ever put together a good run in the UFC?

1. Just say what you really wanna say^^^
Yet you're the one who wants to see shopworn fighters like Nog continue to get their brains scrambled while I'm pleading for their retirement. Some fan you are.

You're right, didn't say big name. But he's no higher up than the 'no names'. There was no reason to single him out the group.
Barnatt was on TUF, so apparently these events need more tuffers to attract people like the TS. Unfortunately, Bubba McDaniels was just cut.

Last edited:
Yet you're the one who wants to see shopworn fighters like Nog continue to get their brains scrambled while I'm pleading for their retirement. Some fan you are.

Again, has nothing to do with you trashing legends & does not even apply to this convo.

Word.

Travis Browne (yes he is a prospect)
Ruslan Magomedov
Soa Palelei
Jared Rosholt
Shawn Jordan
Stefan Struve
Brendan Schaub
Matt Mitrione

Back