WOW I forgot how hard Infinite Intensity is!

IceWolf

Orange Belt
Reaction score
So I'm working my way through II again for the first time in over a year since tearing my knee up and it's... Humbling, to say the least. Currently making it through about half of the sample routine each time. (On GPP and warrior challenges)

Anyone else get a beatdown from Ross before?

Anyways I'm super stoked to be getting back into fighting shape though and each day feels better.

Just felt like comiserating with you fine folks, cheers!

Yeah that's a great program.

I logged the 50 day II program over the summer (my second time) before starting up at my boxing gym again. I'd been off boxing for a while because of injury, and wanted to come back somewhat conditioned. II always delivers, especially when it comes to anaerobic & strength endurance work.

This time around though, instead of Ross's two strength sessions per week, I substituted a two day barbell program with a progression model similar to Prilepin & Bulgarian models (Tactical Barbell "Fighter" template).

Ross's material's the best, but most of his strength work is dumbbell based without a proper progression, so I prefer substituting the barbell work instead.

It worked out really, really well. I got the best of both worlds - anaerobic/work capacity from II, plus proper maximum strength training with barbells.

I started back up with boxing in the fall, and I was more than prepared and the breaking in period was relatively painless.

Work capacity 101 broke me. It's one of the hardest circuit training program I've ever done in my life. I used to mix up my training with that and the Magic 50, which improved my strength and conditioning for BJJ tremendously.

Good conditioning for sure. Ross is an animal, WC101 is the absolute worst.

'Wolf, please let me know your Starting Max for the Winter Lifters Comp.

Hail Hydra!:icon_twis

Can someone tell me a program to do and where to find it?
Is it just on Ross Enamait's site?

It's available as an E-book for purchase. I have a hard copy of it from a few years back, along with full-throttle conditioning.

I plan to run this stuff the second half of the year. Cut the lifting to twice a week and get my conditioning up. I've tried the magic 50 and one of Ross' jump rope and burpee workouts and they both kicked my ass so hard I never did them again.

I loosely followed the 50 day programme while an athlete running the 100m but more focused on 200m and 400m. During my GPP phase of training I did his GPP workouts and my recovery between sets on the track had been better than ever. I've also used the strength element using alot of his complex training to peak for a competition before as well and it worked brilliantly.

I still use his GPP workouts, The Magic 50 etc quite often as my conditioning. They never get any easier!

Yup, Ross' stuff is absolutely gangster. I've used stuff from him in the past to help get ready for big himalayan climbing/trekking trips and never ran out of gas. I like his jumprope stuff and Im about to get his sandbag training book/dvd so I can finally put to use my sandbag.

Also that new one he has about lower arm strength looks awesome. I love those super rough sessions.

Download the Scribd app, the book is available as a free read in PDF format. In fact, there are many, many books to be had there in the documents section.

Ross's stuff is well worth shelling out the money for IMHO. I highly recommend picking yourself up a hard copy of II. There is a ton of good info, verified scientific research, hardcore training plans, and detailed instructions and descriptions. My copy is one of the most worn and well read books in my house, because I'm constantly looking at the research and rereading different sections. (And I read a lot)

And ya, i'd say gangster is a very apt description of the workouts within. You can literally feel the wussitude leaving your body. I plan on finishing up this time through and doing it again to gauge my progress. I'm halfway through right now.

Download the Scribd app, the book is available as a free read in PDF format. In fact, there are many, many books to be had there in the documents section.

Thanks for the heads up about this App, its pretty sweet.

Yeah that's a great program.

I logged the 50 day II program over the summer (my second time) before starting up at my boxing gym again. I'd been off boxing for a while because of injury, and wanted to come back somewhat conditioned. II always delivers, especially when it comes to anaerobic & strength endurance work.

This time around though, instead of Ross's two strength sessions per week, I substituted a two day barbell program with a progression model similar to Prilepin & Bulgarian models (Tactical Barbell "Fighter" template).

Ross's material's the best, but most of his strength work is dumbbell based without a proper progression, so I prefer substituting the barbell work instead.

It worked out really, really well. I got the best of both worlds - anaerobic/work capacity from II, plus proper maximum strength training with barbells.

I started back up with boxing in the fall, and I was more than prepared and the breaking in period was relatively painless.

I did it this summer as you described it. I just used a 2 day split for 531 on my barbell lifts for my strength days. Also on my interval training I used a sled on the 50 meter runs. Those circuits can really test your willpower.

No prob. Between Scribd and iBooks my library has grown leaps and bounds. If the book is good I buy the hard copy. If it sucks I don't.

I did it this summer as you described it. I just used a 2 day split for 531 on my barbell lifts for my strength days. Also on my interval training I used a sled on the 50 meter runs. Those circuits can really test your willpower.

Funnily enough, I'm doing this too. I'm doing Starting Strength ATM twice a week and resting on day 6, so technically its a 60 day program. Seems to be working pretty well.

I think next time through i'm going to try and adhere to the given DB workouts to spice things up. I'll just go relatively heavy and add a few pounds each week.

The Magic 50 rocks! I also still use it as a one off conditioning session, but I use kettlebells instead of dumbbells.

I actually did his "carry, run, and press" workout this morning.

No prob. Between Scribd and iBooks my library has grown leaps and bounds. If the book is good I buy the hard copy. If it sucks I don't.

for what its worth, aren't those copies you are reading bootlegs? if so, i say pay the man on his website. its only $12 right now for Christ's sake. seems like there's a lot of copyrighted material in those scribd databases. while the subscription service is legit, people post up copyrighted material as pdf's using their open publishing (sharing) feature.

i've had a hard copy of the book for years and i return to it now and again. like everyone says, it is brutal.

Last edited:
Back