Wow. ESPN2 currently airing UFC 237...

HBO boxing did it for years for their subscribers, it never hurt them.

People wanting to watch the fight live will always be the main incentive in ordering a PPV, replays don't hurt as much as people think. A few days later is a bit soon, but a week or so later is good for exposure.

The ESPN+ paywall with the minimal UFC content on the app is what's going to hurt the UFC's PPV numbers.

UFC trying to take all the beneficial parts of the WWE network model while giving fans a FRACTION of the content is ridiculous.

Literally, why would anyone spend $65 on a PPV now when you can watch it in it's entirety for free a couple days later..... This UFC/ESPN merger is looking worse and worse, coupled with the atrocious matchmaking I can't believe people still buy the PPVs.

Because people pay for events dumb ass.

If theres a PPV worth watching for any reason I'll have the guys down for cards, drinks and whatever drugs they have. 65 bucks isnt gonna stop that. Ever.

I do think the PPV model is dead for casuals like yourself though

lmao causeee the shit is to watch it live????

Boxing does the same and they still get great PPV buys. People like to see it live

Lol how fuckin ridiculous is it that people here don’t know that. Fuckin amazing brainwashing by Uncle Dana when u think about it. A ton of people actually think a PPV is only supposed to be available after a month, and on a paid service like Fight Pass.

giphy.gif

free cards are awesome

only a sucka pays in this day and age

Literally, why would anyone spend $65 on a PPV now when you can watch it in it's entirety for free a couple days later..... This UFC/ESPN merger is looking worse and worse, coupled with the atrocious matchmaking I can't believe people still buy the PPVs.

I can't believe you still think PPV buys hold a massive importance anymore.

It's a failed long term business model and from the start the UFC's goal has been to shrink the importance of the PPV revenue in the pie. Mission has been more or less accomplished.

Let's all hope the numbers continue to be shit on PPVs. It will force ESPN/UFC to decide if they should shift and put these big events on ESPN TV platform or ESPN+ or a mix to help drive ratings and subscribers. There is more money to be made in subscribers and "free" tv than there is in PPV.

Before HBO got out of boxing they used to do this. Would show their PPV event a week later free on Saturday night and it didn't hurt PPV buys
The only thing that could hurt PPV’s....

is the internet.

Did this ninja ever show back up?

Don't try to tell me he's at work, no one that dumb holds a job.

Shush it and enjoy. You will ruin it for everyone with you over analysis.

A gentleman never tells.

For shame TS.

For shame.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back