Wow Cain and his fans are delusional

Don't think you have to be a Cain fan to not give Ngannou credit or anyone credit for this.

I'm typically the first to accuse people of moving around people's primes to protect their reputation but given Cain's history and how he lost don't know how any objective person considers this the best Cain or even a washed up Cain, guys just broken. This ain't Fedor fans saying a fighter who hadn't been knocked out in almost a decade had no chin, this dude went down from his own body breaking not even an opposing strike.

It's kind of like Tito cheering about beating Chuck. There's nothing to brag about there and it looks sad to do it. Cain's only 36 I think, for MMA that's somewhat young but age ain't the issue here, he's better known for being chronically injured than actually fighting at this point.

Ngannou's the third best fighter in the division. We knew that before and we know that after.

just admit prime Cain is NEVER coming back

about 4 years late but better late than never

Who said he would ever come back? Not me. Just mentioning that beating past prime Cain is no big accomplishment.

That was the Overeem fight.

He was mis-diagnosed with Mono in 2009, the year before he fought Cain. His symptoms never got better. He got beat by Overreem and then was properly diagnosed with Diverticulitis and had a foot of intestine removed in 2011. Doctors concluded that he had diverticulitis as far back as 2008.

How come every fan on Sherdog is so salty. Everyone here is either a sore loser or sore winner? My guy just lost. Im salty. My guy just won. Im a dick. Your guy just lost. He sucks. Youre dumb for liking him. My guy just won. He can beat everyone in the world at the same time. If you dont agree you should play in traffic. Smh...

I had no vested interest in this fight. So here is my unbiased opinion. Was it the punch or the knee? Looked like both to me. Ngannou clipped him. Cain's knee gave out. Looked like potentially a flash KO, which people come back from all of the time. Thats not to say Ngannou wouldnt have clised the deal anyways. Maybe he would have. But Cain seemed okay after the fight was stopped aside from his knee (which is often the case with a flash KO). So its also a possibility that he could have recovered if not for the knee.

So do I give Ngannou credit for the win? Yes. He did his part. He did nothing wrong. Injuries happen. They are part of the game. It didnt come from anything illegal. If anything, it was a biproduct of how Cain fell when he was clipped. So again, credit to Ngannou.

But..., as a fan, its hard to enjoy this outcome because I still wonder what happens if the knee doesnt go out. There is also the disappointment because after having a top HW on the shelf for so long (and its not the first time or him), you dont want to see him injured again in the first half minute of his comeback fight. So regardless if it was the punch, the knee, or both, or if youre a fan of Velasquez, Ngannou, neither, or both, how can you be happy about how the fight played out? Especially considering how the main events have gone this weekend. Youve got the Mitrione nutshot, the Invicta FW title fight, Boukichou's leg going the way of Corey Hill/Anderson Silva, the lackluster strategic grudge match between MVP and Daley, and now this.

just admit prime Cain is NEVER coming back

about 4 years late but better late than never
And honestly, when the hell did prime Cain exist?

Was it him beating Brock and then sitting out a year? Was it the two year period where he just kept fighting JDS and Bigfoot over and over and over?

Francis beat Cain Velasquez. Do you want us not to mention that he beat the worst possible version of Cain Velasquez and that he never in his career beat someone as good as prime Cain? Ok, then we won't say that. We will just say that Francis beat Cain.

A lot of Cain fans were super sure even this old injury prone only fought twice in 5 years Cain was going to maul N'Gannou, so don't back track now

That uppercut had nothing on it. His knees gave out. He's done, what difference does it make.

90% of Ngannous punches missed anyway. He didn't exactly put on a clinic, not really an impressive win by any metric.
Your knees don't give out from standing, his head snapped to the side from that short right hook and then his legs gave out for a split second.

Cain was always overrated, let's stop this bullshit. He got rocked and fell weird, that's all. Fake an injury to discredit Ngannou - even that scene of him, saying Ngannou doesn't have fault, blah blah blah - only proves that he is not only overrated, but have no honor.

CONGRATS NGANNOU, to rip his head off. "Is normal". He is back to retirement and his overrated aura forever.

Did Ngannou even land? I thought he barely missed and Cain slipped going in for the clinch and shattered his brittle ass knees. Dude needs to hang em up for sure.

Back