Wouldn't now be the time for the Robbie nick rematch

You thought he called Condit a runner? If he fights WB, Diaz is going to call Wonderboy the marathon man.
Hard to do when he's laying on the mat unconscious, but I suppose he'll have some words when he wakes up.

Haha I know.

But that's what he said in the ESPN interview.

If he wants to fight again in the sport he really should be taking whatever they offer him, the guy has no right to call the shots.
But PPV buys write everyone's pay checks, I think he's holding all the cards right now. They need a star to emerge or the golden days are gone, even if GSP does come back

is nick officially eligible to fight now?
if nick doesnt want to fighters who just lost, why not make him fight ellenberger?
at this very moment, thats the only one i can think of. no wrestlers means no maia/dong/gunnar. boring gastelum probably no. maybe cerrone/story winner but that makes nick wait too long.
See I think Maia would be an awesome fight because when it hits the mat they are both offensive grapplers, watching the roll could show everyone that grappling can in fact be fun to watch

I wanted it for the title.

Mostly because undeserving title shots are a big fun shitstorm on here

I mean, a win by nick would actually make a title shot somewhat legit where as if he got it now a lot of fighters would be pissed. Thoughts?

Yup. There's a lot of buzz for Nick to get a title shot and this would justify it being the former champ who had a couple defenses.

WB vs GSP after WB takes the title from Woodley by 3rd round stoppage.
1. Woodley is most likely (90%+ chance) fighting GSP.

2. Woodley loses to guys with good ground games. He'll kill the WB hype train. Then you can make up more excuses saying why Woodley is a fluke champion.

Yup. There's a lot of buzz for Nick to get a title shot and this would justify it being the former champ who had a couple defenses.

No, Tyron. No, there's not.

1. Woodley is most likely (90%+ chance) fighting GSP.

2. Woodley loses to guys with good ground games. He'll kill the WB hype train. Then you can make up more excuses saying why Woodley is a fluke champion.
I don't need to make excuses about Woodley being a fluke champion. That's his department. He has to defend the belt. He chose a retired guy instead of the #1 contender, and he's still the betting underdog by the mean white racist bookies. LOLz.

YES. I had the exact same thoughts following 201. That fight makes perfect sense right now

If they want to market Diaz the way I know they do, they should give him a name fighter he can beat. No wrestlers. Robbie and Diaz would be a great fight but I don't think the UFC wants either to lose right now because they are worth more if they both win their next fight. Diaz vs. Matt Brown would be a pretty awesome fight but I don't think Diaz would take it.

all nick has to do is jab matt in the liver. instant KO.

I'd have no problem with him getting a big fight, but he's gotta fucking earn it first. Just about anyone else on the roster would have been cut. He's routinely and predictably failed drug tests, he's gone 4+ years without a win, and does nothing but complain and make excuses.

He wants a big fight? A fight where someone will stand and bang with him? Have him fight Thompson just so he can get KTFO'd and hopefully be quiet for a while. Then when USADA announces he failed his in-competition drug test (again) he'll be out for...what, 4 years? 6 years? And that will be that.

wonderboy is good but nothing he throws will ktfo nick diaz. there is a reason why he can afford to be so careless and brawl with robbie lawler

Having him fight Thompson wouldn't even be a fair fight.

I can see it now, Diaz plodding around with arms stretched out saying "Wut!, Stocton bitch!" while Wonderboy sticks and moves and lights him up.

If a fellow plodder like Condit can outmove Diaz, Wonderboy wouldn't even get touched by him. He wouldn't be able to get past his right side kick unless Wonderboy let's him and when they're in punching range Wonderboy's explosive movement and head movement would be too complicated for Nick.

wonderboy is too much of a prancing fairy to fight nick.

I don't need to make excuses about Woodley being a fluke champion. That's his department. He has to defend the belt. He chose a retired guy instead of the #1 contender, and he's still the betting underdog by the mean white racist bookies. LOLz.
1. Bookies don't make lines based on who actually going to win. They make lines based on who the public thinks is going to win. So if people are racist they're going to out their money on GSP or WB making Woodley the underdog.

2. WB would be an even worst underdog to GSP.

3. In what world does the WW GOAT and an mma GOAT have to wait for the karate kid to fight for what is rightfully his title?

makes sense as nick is coming off an emphatic victory... oh wait...

for serious, i think this would be a great matchup right now
Nick is coming off a win over Penn and arguably Condit, followed by decision losses to the goat WW and MW. He's still a top dog. Lawler is coming off a first round KO by a guy who squeaked by Gastelum. If Nick beat Lawler now, it wouldn't mean anything.

Nick is coming off a win over Penn and arguably Condit, followed by decision losses to the goat WW and MW. He's still a top dog. Lawler is coming off a first round KO by a guy who squeaked by Gastelum. If Nick beat Lawler now, it wouldn't mean anything.
A win over lawler means more than a win over nick for any WW in the world right now

He has been inactive and lost 3 in a row. That's not good no matter how you dress it up.

If they want to market Diaz the way I know they do, they should give him a name fighter he can beat. No wrestlers. Robbie and Diaz would be a great fight but I don't think the UFC wants either to lose right now because they are worth more if they both win their next fight. Diaz vs. Matt Brown would be a pretty awesome fight but I don't think Diaz would take it.
Diaz via brutal body shots against the cage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back