Wouldn't now be the time for the Robbie nick rematch

Wanderlie Jackson

We need more head kicks in the world
@Yellow
Reaction score
I mean, a win by nick would actually make a title shot somewhat legit where as if he got it now a lot of fighters would be pissed. Thoughts?

Nick doesn't want to fight Robbie while Robbie is coming off a loss.

It would be a good time to make it.

Doubt it happens.

If they want to market Diaz the way I know they do, they should give him a name fighter he can beat. No wrestlers. Robbie and Diaz would be a great fight but I don't think the UFC wants either to lose right now because they are worth more if they both win their next fight. Diaz vs. Matt Brown would be a pretty awesome fight but I don't think Diaz would take it.

Time for Robbie vs WB. Everyone wanted that fight before. Still makes sense now.

While he's coming off...what, 4 losses? 4 years without a win?
Haha I know.

But that's what he said in the ESPN interview.

If he wants to fight again in the sport he really should be taking whatever they offer him, the guy has no right to call the shots.

Robbie hasn't earned a rematch with Nick. Let him fight his way back up.

Haha I know.

But that's what he said in the ESPN interview.

If he wants to fight again in the sport he really should be taking whatever they offer him, the guy has no right to call the shots.
I'd have no problem with him getting a big fight, but he's gotta fucking earn it first. Just about anyone else on the roster would have been cut. He's routinely and predictably failed drug tests, he's gone 4+ years without a win, and does nothing but complain and make excuses.

He wants a big fight? A fight where someone will stand and bang with him? Have him fight Thompson just so he can get KTFO'd and hopefully be quiet for a while. Then when USADA announces he failed his in-competition drug test (again) he'll be out for...what, 4 years? 6 years? And that will be that.

I'd have no problem with him getting a big fight, but he's gotta fucking earn it first. Just about anyone else on the roster would have been cut. He's routinely and predictably failed drug tests, he's gone 4+ years without a win, and does nothing but complain and make excuses.

He wants a big fight? A fight where someone will stand and bang with him? Have him fight Thompson just so he can get KTFO'd and hopefully be quiet for a while. Then when USADA announces he failed his in-competition drug test (again) he'll be out for...what, 4 years? 6 years? And that will be that.
Having him fight Thompson wouldn't even be a fair fight.

I can see it now, Diaz plodding around with arms stretched out saying "Wut!, Stocton bitch!" while Wonderboy sticks and moves and lights him up.

If a fellow plodder like Condit can outmove Diaz, Wonderboy wouldn't even get touched by him. He wouldn't be able to get past his right side kick unless Wonderboy let's him and when they're in punching range Wonderboy's explosive movement and head movement would be too complicated for Nick.

Having him fight Thompson wouldn't even be a fair fight.

I can see it now, Diaz plodding around with arms stretched out saying "Wut!, Stocton bitch!" while Wonderboy sticks and moves and lights him up.

If a fellow plodder like Condit can outmove Diaz, Wonderboy wouldn't even get touched by him. He wouldn't be able to get past his right side kick unless Wonderboy let's him and when they're in punching range Wonderboy's explosive movement and head movement would be too complicated for Nick.
Oh, I agree. I'm just saying that if he really wants to fight the top guys, he doesn't deserve it, but damn if it wouldn't be fun to see Nick Diaz put down hard by Wonderboy.

Yes it is, but is it a big enough fight for Nick? That's the bigger question IMO

It would be a great fight and I think it would make sense, I don't like when a champion loses his belt and is getting guys in the top 5 in their next fight, I think they should have to build back up a little bit. Having said all that I think Robbie should take like 3-6 months off due to all the wars he's been in lately.

is nick officially eligible to fight now?
if nick doesnt want to fighters who just lost, why not make him fight ellenberger?
at this very moment, thats the only one i can think of. no wrestlers means no maia/dong/gunnar. boring gastelum probably no. maybe cerrone/story winner but that makes nick wait too long.

Nick only wants money fights, the biggest name for him is CM Punk

You thought he called Condit a runner? If he fights WB, Diaz is going to call Wonderboy the marathon man.

Back