would you support UFC fights to be in open weight format, like in PRIDE FC?

i wouldnt mind some sort of system where lets say two LW fighters have a regular, weighed in fight at the beginning of the year. Then, both fighters fight other fighters that have also successfully weighed in at 155 within a year but they technically fight in an openweight match so neither fighter needs to cut weight, they just have to make weight once per year.

i wouldnt mind if something like that were implemented for fighters that arent close to fighting for a title.

I myself prefer weight classes and in certain circumstances catch weight fights.

all legend vs legend fights should be open weight

in most anything but a freakshow fight the smaller fighter would just have to not cut weight or watch his diet during camp. 185's often walk around at heavy, hell hendricks could fight HW without getting down. Plenty of LW's walk around heavy enough to be near MW ect ect

This sounds like a really cool idea at first, but then let us not forget the career of poor Sakuraba. He could have been the GOAT at 185 but everyone admired his guts for continuing to fight bigger guys, but now that his career is over he never gets mentioned as much as Fedor, Silva, GSP, or even Chuck

I think we'll see a lot of potential destroyed if there were open weight tourneys

This will never happen in America no local or national athletic board would allow it because of the potential danger it would pose especially doing combat sports.

Yes. Absolutely, 100%. That would be real sport. No more irrelevant weight cut, no more giants in lower divisions.

No that only works when you have ninja's against pit fighters. At this point in time fighters are very well rounded and size makes a much bigger difference than it did then. I think it is dangerous and weight limits keep fighters safe(er).

Finally , after so many teeneagers with videogames fantasies , somebody with common sense that understand MMA

Back