would you support UFC fights to be in open weight format, like in PRIDE FC?

Haliacmon

WRECKING EVERYTHING
@Black
Reaction score
imagine Hendricks fighting Machida, or Jacare vs Gus... Yoel Romero vs Hunt and so on...
obviously this would have to happen in events hold in Japan or otherr countries that allow it, would you support this kind of fights?

If it were an option like meeting a fighter in a catch weight type scenario then sure, but I wouldnt do away with the weight classes

Great! Now all you have to do is go get every state athletic competition to redo their licensing and sanctioning, or, just OR, you could run off to another country and have a totally clean and legit fight with absolutely no shenanigans, right?

We trust the UFC to to everything above board with no SAC to answer to.

An openweight tournament would be epic.

But it's too big of a risk.

If the HW champ lost to someone from a lower weight class, it makes them look bad.

Or K-1. Here's one of the best ever:

[YT]4OZUeBm91-g[/YT]

Yes, if a fighter agrees to step up the weight class, that's fine by me.

Hendricks vs Machida could easily happen in the US Hendricks would jsut have to taake the fight at MW which is no problem at all no open weight needed.
Romero can probably weigh 206 easily as well and I'm sure in some states the commision would give it a green light there are ACs in the states that don't care at all

An openweight tournament would be epic.

But it's too big of a risk.

If the HW champ lost to someone from a lower weight class, it makes them look bad.

If the HW champ lost to a smaller fighter it would finally put the "HW champ is baddest man on the planet and doesnt afraid of anything" bs. Would be hilarious if the lighter weight classes manage to somehow pull out a win over Cain.

No that only works when you have ninja's against pit fighters. At this point in time fighters are very well rounded and size makes a much bigger difference than it did then. I think it is dangerous and weight limits keep fighters safe(er).

Nah, there are weight classes for a reason. Catchweight fights are cool though.

I'd watch as a one or two time speciality fight. I certainly wouldn't want it to be the norm.

[YT]DsUCRcK7QYc[/YT]

Seriously though? Nope. Weight classes exist for a reason.

Not just that imagine if someone like JDS got matched up with a 170lb guy, he could literally put them into a coma with a full power shot. He'd have a good 50 pounds on them.

No that only works when you have ninja's against pit fighters. At this point in time fighters are very well rounded and size makes a much bigger difference than it did then. I think it is dangerous and weight limits keep fighters safe(er).

Yup.

why do away with ultimate weight cutting?

I agree with this. It's not needed anymore.

No weight cutting and you have middle - heavyweights in one open tournament. And welter down to Feather open tournament.

Enough small guys have done well in OWGPs to warrant them being legitimate. If you're ballsy, why not? I'm sure they spar big guys regularly.

I'd love that option. Weight classes are fine if guys want to fight in them but OW fights are the best for guys who just don't care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back