Would you say Jones best wins are DC and Gus or..

Yeah because Shogun was completely the same fighter after taking the 2 worst beatings of his career from Jones and Dan Henderson :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: what's next, Clay Guida is as good as GSP because he beat BJ Penn too?
People love using mma math to push a narrative lol

People love using mma math to push a narrative lol
Didn't he also have the brutal wars with Vera and Gus before the Cheal fight, with the Forrest win sprinkled in there somewhere?

From the Jones fight to the Cheal fight may have been the most damaging 2 years any fighter has ever gone through and definitely changed Shogun.

DC is by far his best win.

DC is one of the best ever

Sonnen is also an underrated win. No one has manhandled Chael like Jones did

<36><36><36>

Maia, Rashad, Prangley, Forrest and Tito all destroyed Chael even faster and more comprehensively than Jon did.

When Chael was sent in at UFC-159 he hadn't even been in the cage with another LHW for well over half a decade and hadn't beaten a relevant 205er for over a decade.

Chael was a joke contender when he was fed to Jon.

Dc and gus are his best imo. Shogun was aged and done, as was and is machida with no peds, Anthony was a punchers chance fight. Gus was young and top of the heap in thier first fight and it was close. Dc is the most talented fighter he has faced and beat twice, at least once with help... Everyone else on the list are not even close to anyone mentioned. Gus would have been champ if he had done just a little more in that fight, it was really close. He has came the closest to beating Jon. Bad thing is Jon cheats and is a hw fighting lhws. It's like if Fedor ducked down to 205, which he could have fairly easily... He would have owned everyone just like at hw, where Jon would not own the hw division... He says so himself...

Jones has beaten big names but a lot if them are older fading smaller guys.

His best win is DC and Jones had to cheat with ped's to get that win, and really probably Anthony Smith since he beat a surging Smith who dominated Gus in his next fight.

1. Cormier
2. Gus
3. Rashad
4. Machida
5. Rua
6. Badger
7. Glover
8. Rampage

Then maybe Smith?

Dc is just another wrestler, like Bader, Sonnen, Rashad. Not really that different And dangerous... And Smith is good, but not the best.

Jones best win is Vitor. Machida And Gus 1 was also a dangerous fight.

DC
Machida
Shogun
Rashad
Rampage
Vitor
Bader

All arguably better than Gus.

- Handed Bader his first loss
- Ended Glover's 20 fight win streak
- Became the first to stop Shogun with strikes
- Became the first to submit Machida

Any of these are better than beating Smith who is a nobody and Gus who has ZERO notable wins in his career

Lol at listing Glover as one of Jones's best wins, and then saying Gus's even more dominant win over Glover is not even notable because it happened 3 years later. You sound biased.

Gus also beat Shogun who was ranked 4th at the time of the fight, but I guess that is also not even notable, but for Jones it was ofc one of his best wins. Lol.

And on top of that you say Shogun and Glover are better wins than Gus, even when Gus beat both. Like I said, biased.

DC
Machida
Shogun
Rashad
Rampage
Vitor
Bader

All arguably better than Gus.

And yet Gus is the only one who gave Jones a run for his money. Like I said you before, you suck at viewing fights/fighters objectively. Jones would tell you himself you are wrong.

And yet Gus is the only one who gave Jones a run for his money. Like I said you before, you suck at viewing fights/fighters objectively. Jones would tell you himself you are wrong.

Not surprised you quoted me. Every time you do it is to counter something I say. Just because Gus was his toughest doesn't mean he was his best win. Chael was Anderson's toughest win. I guess you think Chael is a better win than Hendo or Vitor....

Not surprised you quoted me. Every time you do it is to counter something I say. Just because Gus was his toughest doesn't mean he was his best win. Chael was Anderson's toughest win. I guess you think Chael is a better win than Hendo or Vitor....

You are confusing name value and ability at the time of the fight. Gus 1 is a better win for Jones, because that version of Gus who almost beat Jones would have been the favorite in physical reality vs the fighters you listed ahead him. It wasn't a fluke performance, he is the only fighter besides Jones (and only clean fighter period) who has ever given a DC a close fight as well. Jones and DC are by far two of the best LHWs ever and we have a guy who arguably beat both in their primes, yet you list all those fighters ahead him just because they have more name value.

Sonnen has beaten Wand and Rampage, but it doesn't make them his best wins. Context matters, a lot.

I will give you an example of real objectivity. I have been for years the biggest Gus nuthugger on this forum, and at the same time Jones happens to be the fighter I hate most, this was already the case in 2013. I still didn't score Jones vs Gus 1 for Gus, even when I could have easily done so in such a close fight, because I just personally didn't see Gus winning 3 rounds. Didn't matter it was my favorite fighter against a fighter I hated most, basically in a coin flip 50/50 fight. That's real objectivity.

If Jones didn't exist, we'd be calling DC the GOAT.
and we'd be praising him a lot more than jones too, cause all his career would be in HW.
imagine an undefeated hw champ for 25 fights that made his MMA debut at age 30... INCONCEIVABLE.

Edit: DC beating gus, then beating the guy who beat gus(twice), solidifies it as the better win too.

Back