Would you rather live in the Dune or Blade Runner universe?

Alright so let's use equivalents here

I'm a Canadian in Toronto (#1 city to live according to the UN) have an office job and grad-school level education, but in the humanities.

So if we translate that to Dune or Blade Runner i'm what and where and who?

You're a living incubator for Baron Harkonnen's youth juice.

I added that the time frame will be the movies, and you can choose who you'll be.

I'd be Gaff in Blade Runner:

2u6mu5z.jpg

Or Duncan Idaho (Ghola) in Dune:

otom6w.jpg

If you're in the Blade Runner universe, where are you?

Irradiated Earth slowly turning into a chicken-head, or are you an affluent and off world?

How about the Dune universe?

Are you on one of the worlds purged in the Jihad where tens of billions were slaughtered? Or are you a fremen, living in the deep desert, riding worms and harvesting dew collectors?
I kind of feel the spirit of the question would dictate that it's Arrakis right before the coming of Muad Dib vs LA 2019.

The problem is that after that, we're left with a pretty huge divide between the rich and the poor. The Atreides family seems to be reasonably well quartered before the attack, and the Tyrell Arcology seems downright luxurious. Both of these are extreme contrasts to even those you'd believe would be an upper middle class.

Honestly, assuming I'd not be a part of the ruling elite, I'd chose Blade Runner on account of what I'd imagine to be a smaller amount of culture shock. I don't think I'd really be able to cope with all the post-butlerian Jihad-Bene Genesserit-Fremen-Kwizad Haderach stuff, and I'd have a pretty big problem with the entire Empire. Blade Runner is, for all it's dystopian urban nihilism, much more familiar.

I don't want the harkonens to install a heart plug on me and I already speak Chinese and eat noodles so blade runner is ok.

bladerunner. dune seems desolate as f***

I'm all about dat cyberpunk so Blade Runner fo sho. I want to walk around in the rain in a trenchcoat but in this world/life I'd feel like a complete asshole

Blade Runner because you have the chance to live off-world.

Prepare to get your minds blown.

Are you ready?

The Dune universe is the Blade Runner universe, only tens of thousands of years in the future.

Dune. Sandworms ftw!

I watxhed Blade Runner not too long ago for the first time and was underwhelmed compared to all the hype it got. Still good movie though. Rutger was awesome.

I have no earthly idea who I'd want to be in Blade Runner.

Everyone is so miserable.

You are just in the world, not a character from the movie right?
If I get to be a character then i want to be Harrison Ford because those hairy eyebrows on sean young mean hairy something else, am I right, wink wink say no more.

Back