Would you rather live in the Dune or Blade Runner universe?

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
Just re-watched both of these movies today. If you must choose between the two universes, which would you pick to reside in? The time frame will be the movie and you can choose what you'll be.

Dune

dune_city_w1.jpeg

Blade Runner

blade_runner2-noscale.jpg

Last edited:
Blade Runner probably

On the one hand, I want more life, fucker; on the other, Spice.

I can't deal with the Harkonnens so Blade Runner.

Dune obviously, but on planet Arrakis, because of the spice, but Blade Runner seems to be the chaotic clusterfuck the world will become most likely

Blade Runner for sure. Dune you have to be ultra paranoid about everyone and everything attempting to assassinate you.

great question i'll take Blade runner. I want to test my MMA against Batty.

Would I be able to live on caladan instead?

If you're in the Blade Runner universe, where are you?

Irradiated Earth slowly turning into a chicken-head, or are you an affluent and off world?

How about the Dune universe?

Are you on one of the worlds purged in the Jihad where tens of billions were slaughtered? Or are you a fremen, living in the deep desert, riding worms and harvesting dew collectors?

Knowing my luck I'd end up on selusa secundus.

If you're in the Blade Runner universe, where are you?

Irradiated Earth slowly turning into a chicken-head, or are you an affluent and off world?

How about the Dune universe?

Are you on one of the worlds purged in the Jihad where tens of billions were slaughtered? Or are you a fremen, living in the deep desert, riding worms and harvesting dew collectors?

I only ever played the Dune video games but I thought the Atredies had a nice planet full of water and good times?

I only ever played the Dune video games but I thought the Atredies had a nice planet full of water and good times?

That's the thing, it's an entire universe.

There are awesome places and places that are terrible.

Also there are awesome places that were turned to ash in the Jihad.

Also also it's more important who you are than where you are.

That's the thing, it's an entire universe.

There are awesome places and places that are terrible.

Also there are awesome places that were turned to ash in the Jihad.

Also also it's more important who you are than where you are.

Alright so let's use equivalents here

I'm a Canadian in Toronto (#1 city to live according to the UN) have an office job and grad-school level education, but in the humanities.

So if we translate that to Dune or Blade Runner i'm what and where and who?

Well, the Dune universe is massive (and hugely variable by planet) so this isn't really a fair comparison because we don't know what to expect.

PS: Lynch's film is an abomination.

Back