Would you rather live in the Dune or Blade Runner universe?

You're a living incubator for Baron Harkonnen's youth juice.

That scene was so gross.

Some of the most disgusting scenes I've seen on film were when he was going on about "He who controls the spice, controls the universe!" and then unplugs a kid. :eek:

Or Duncan Idaho (Ghola) in Dune:

otom6w.jpg

Well, Duncan did eventually end up as a Kwisatz Haderach

That scene was so gross.

Some of the most disgusting scenes I've seen on film were when he was going on about "He who controls the spice, controls the universe!" and then unplugs a kid. :eek:

That scene was terrifying...I had nightmares about it when I was a kid.

I think in the book he actually drinks the blood...

It's hard to say. They both appear to be awful places to be poor and wonderful places to be rich. I'd have to go with Dune since even the lowly can prosper if allied to the right family.

Funny how the same actress starred in both of these movies I kept waiting for Kyle to scream Im the Kwisatz Haderach bitch when he was on agents of shield

That scene was terrifying...I had nightmares about it when I was a kid.

I think in the book he actually drinks the blood...

LOL! Thought I was the only one.

Funny story, the first time I saw Lynch's Dune was a recorded copy off of television. Thought it was so cool so I had my dad buy me a copy on VHS.

Little did I know that scene was omitted from the TV version. You can imagine my horror at seeing that scene for the first time, totally not expecting it. LOL

And I can't believe I'm saying this, I still avoid watching that scene.

"Choose between living in the Dune universe or the Blade Ru...." I'd be like Blade Runner! Blade Runner... thank you.

Last edited:
You guys do realize that becuse of the technophobic religion that exists in Dune there would be no Sherdog, right? "Do not make machines in the likeness of man" and all that.

Does the Dune Mini series stick with the weirding way as depicted in the book or does it incorporate "modules" a la Lynch's movie.

Are they really better than facedancing prostitutes?

I think it's safe to assume that the Tleilaxu have some nasty VD. Probably turn your dick into a desk-lamp or something.

going with blade runner. at least they got robo-hookers

Both are Dystopian. Fuck Dystopian I'm all about dat Utopian bruh..

If you had Decker interrogating me though and I had to choose I'd go with Blade Runner. I haven't seen or read Dune but it sounds like shitty deserts all over. Spice sounds intredasting though..

I would like to bang Lady Jessica. Before the spice agony of course.

Blade Runner. I'm more of a city guy then a desert guy.

Blade Runner. I'm more of a city guy then a desert guy.

Also the thing about Blade Runner is that the movie takes part in a huge city. There is a regular outdoors if you leave the city and that is where Harrison Ford goes to at the end.

Also the thing about Blade Runner is that the movie takes part in a huge city. There is a regular outdoors if you leave the city and that is where Harrison Ford goes to at the end.

Oh so it's kind of like Midgar from FF7? There's a lower plate and an upper plate?

Blade Runner just because cyberpunk >

I'd be some random replicant just so guys like Deckard have to bust their humps trying to hunt me down and I can spout pithy monologues before they kill me.

Dune

I'd be riding sandworms all day

Back