Would you Prefer Keeping The 125 Pound Division?

Having too dominant of a champion made the division boring and more susceptible to criticism.

I don't find it any different from Jones @LHW who's dominant in the division (when not suspended) even though I'm a big fan I'm still waiting for that one fighter to break his style. Cejudo kind of broke DJ's style I say kind of because it really wasn't a decisive win just passable....

Last edited:
Wow, ur reasoning is so illogical

And your spelling is painful?

But seriously what is illogical about it? 125 was all about fighters that were too small to fight effectively at 135 and yet we have the 135 champ able to make 125. What does that tell you? If current 135 guys can cut to 125 that means the size difference between them and the current 125 division is nil. Garbrandt also talked about cutting to 125.

125 is a joke division and needs to be rolled into 135. The guys that are "too small" could get jobs a horse jockeys or maybe chimney sweeps...

The only division they need to close is the one that should have never existed in the first place and that's women's 145. FLW is deeper than HW and LHW put together.

Seriously? MM with that last second crazy slam/ arm bar finish amoung others.

They just lacked the name value but were every bit as dramatic.
125 has Mighty Mouse who's not even in the UFC anymore, Henry Cejudo and...?

The depth of the division is bad. I'm not even against guys that are that small. I personally enjoyed all of DJ's fights. There's just not much of a division. I think it's a good division to explore again if MMA becomes popular in China or Mexico. I think that's part of the reason UFC introduced 125 in the first place. They were going hard after China and Mexico for a bit but they've pulled way back on that expansion.

The only division they need to close is the one that should have never existed in the first place and that's women's 145. FLW is deeper than HW and LHW put together.
Yeah women's 145 is bad too. They pretty much had to have it though if they wanted to promote Cyborg. I think it worked out overall, even if the division is a joke. UFC probably made money on it and we got Nunes vs Cyborg, which was one of the great moments of 2018.

Now that Cyborg has lost, they might close 145 too.

I don't find it any different from Jones @LHW who's dominant in the division (when not suspended) even though I'm a big fan I'm still waiting for that one fighter to break his style. Cejudo kind of broke DJ's style I say kind of because it really wasn't a decisive win just passable....

Jones is a lot more enjoyable to watch for me. I think a lot of other people feel the same way.

I love watching the 125ers. It's unfortunate the division hasn't picked up the steam it deserves. They are the most highly skilled and conditioned weight division in the sport.

I can't think of a flyweight fight that was boring. It's just the misconception of the average fan that they could kick any of these guys ass because they are small. It's fucking crazy, but it seems a lot of people actually think they'd stand a chance in a fight against smaller fighters.

If they want to scrap a division, kill off the women's 145 pound division. Keep Cyborg around for freak show fights, it's hard for her to even make 145 anyway. Add 165 and change welterweight to 175. I wouldn't be opposed to adding a 195 pound division as well.

If the 125ers do get scrapped it's 100% the fault of the fans. The fighters have always gone out there and put on ridiculously high pace and exciting fights.

Keep it. I'd rather see fights like mighty mouse vs. Cejudo than a couple bums fighting just because they happen to be large.

I don't ever like to see anyone out of a job. I have no problem keeping 125 around. If I don't like the fights I just won't watch them.

It’s not about insecurity at all. That’s hilarious! A lot of people just don’t like it.

As you said, there are plenty of people in Asia that are 125 pounds, maybe you should just watch ONE instead?
Why? I have no issue with any of the weightclasses and don't prefer one over another because of the size of the atheletes.

125 has Mighty Mouse who's not even in the UFC anymore, Henry Cejudo and...?

The depth of the division is bad. I'm not even against guys that are that small. I personally enjoyed all of DJ's fights. There's just not much of a division. I think it's a good division to explore again if MMA becomes popular in China or Mexico. I think that's part of the reason UFC introduced 125 in the first place. They were going hard after China and Mexico for a bit but they've pulled way back on that expansion.
Fair enough.

Back