Would you Prefer Keeping The 125 Pound Division?

I'd prefer another night like last night's with your girlfriend in non-consensual skat play, but I'll settle for the division being shut down.

Scrap it but don’t make a new 165 pound division.

Bantamweight - 145
Featherweight - 155
Lightweight - 165
Welterweight - 175
Middleweight - 185
Light Heavyweight - 200
Heavyweight - 215-265

Women’s Flyweight - 125
Women’s Bantamweight - 135

why do you say "dont make a 165 pound division" and then proceed to list a bunch of divisions including 165

you seem confused

Nope, let it die a tragic and painful death.

If TJ can cut to 125 there is no reason the 125 guys can cut a bit less and fight at 135.
Wow, ur reasoning is so illogical

I'm so sick and tired of hearing of this debate. I will cut the division just shut you losers up for ten minutes about it. New thread every ten minutes with this shit and I still haven't been granted moderating powers because this place is bullshit.

The discrimination against short people is surely not based on bigotry is it?

Also if it's based on numbers we should cut hw, who are having the same trouble

Well...if he wins they will end up with a champion who beat another champion, and the guy might end up without a division, it might be on UFC's best interest to keep it, IF TJ wins, then well, they might do what they want with it, similar to what Nunes did, moved up, beat the eternal 145 champ, move back down, if they keep a division with 2-3 fighters in womens 145, they might keep mens FLW just the same, at least they have more guys on it, some legit fighters just not that popular.

Keep it
It’s a new division and needs time to grow
Remember the lightweight division was scrapped in the past and people thought 145 were to small
Those two divisions are the most stacked in MMA today
Give it time
The division is like 6-7 years old it’s had it’s time

I'm rooting for Cejudo, but without MM, I'd like to see the FLW division gone.

Based purely on TJ using a shoulder padded jacket stolen from ladies section of TJ Maxx .... yes

2ngx55d.jpg

Anyone who doesn't like the flyweights is not a real MMA fan.

Anyone who doesn't like the flyweights is not a real MMA fan.
From a long term business perspective I believe the UFC should keep the division. Mexico & China both have the potential for future stars. The average height/weight among those 2 Countries citizens are much less than North America & Europe.

I think so. It developed slowly, but the FlW division has the potential to be super solid right now. We just need Horiguchi and MM back, with them it would be one of the best divisions arguably. Reis and Cejudo changing styles to be more stand up oriented, and Formiga remembering he's a grappler has helped change some of the dynamics at the top of the division. Figueiredo, Pantoja, and Perez are all welcome additions to the top 10, they all have exciting styles. There's even guys like Brandon Moreno and Justin Scroggins (I know he's gone, but he could easily come back if the division is saved) outside the rankings with exciting styles. Tell me this isn't a stacked top 10 across all divisions?

1. Henry Cejudo
2. Mighty Mouse
3. Joseph Benavidez
4. Kyoji Horiguchi
5. Jussier Formiga
6. Deiveson Figueiredo
7. Ray Borg
8. Sergio Pettis
9. Dustin Ortiz
10. Alexandre Pantoja

Far cry from the days of guys like Chris Cariaso, Josh Sampo, and Darren Unyenoyama being ranked.

Damn didn't even mention Jon Dodson, who could very easily come back. Admittedly the division doesn't have a very rich history, but with its current depth, I think the division just developed slowly. With that kind of roster, I could easily see there being more exciting fights.

To answer your question, yes keep it. It will only continue to develop. You already got it this far.

Last edited:
why do you say "dont make a 165 pound division" and then proceed to list a bunch of divisions including 165

you seem confused

Change lightweight to 165 instead of making it a new division. We don’t need a division in between the current lightweight and welterweight.

No.

Close it forever, its been a disaster since the start.

^but if they added a 165lb weight class - wouldn't Welter have to be moved up to 175?

It is better than wmma.

That doesn't say much.

How many little guys can you find? Makes no sense to keep it open. Besides ratings have already showed none of you give a shit.

Exactly. I've been told on here that "all weight classes" need to be represented. Why? If fan interest is low, and the fights for the most part aren't compelling why keep em around?

It is better than wmma.
Hard disagree. No cool moments like Holm KOing Rousey or Nunes KOing Cyborg at men's 125.

I think 125 could take some time to grow (no pun intended) outside the UFC

Not enough good competition to keep it around. Just statistically, not enough men are that size to create a pool of talent large enough to justify a division. It's the same as WMMA 145. Not enough women are large enough to create the talent pool to justify it.

I’m good with it going. Hopefully replaced with the 165 division..

Not necessary either. We don't need more divisions. Especially not one only 5 pounds below a current division.

Back