Would you pick Robbie over Wonderboy?

Robbie Lawler vs Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson

• Total voters
It's crazy how the legit 4th or 5th best WW has held the title for 2 defenses lol

Diaz, Wonderboy and Condit >>

Maybe Tyrone as well

Robbie 5'11 74 inch reach

Wonderboy 6ft 75 inch reach

Not much difference, Robbie can fight longer than Hendricks but he doesn't really attack the legs for td's.

Would you pick Robbie?

I mean how is Robbie going to beat Wonder boy? Does he have enough to take him down and keep him there?

Ellenberger was able to drop Wonderboy with a right hand maybe Robbie could strike with him?

I just dont see any way Stephen Thompson wouldnt be the heavy favorite

tumblr_ng78rgZ8Ts1qet273o1_540.jpg

Yup but I wouldn't be that confident. Same as every Lawler fight recently. I think he'd win by taking Thompson into deep waters. Dude's never been in a 5 round fight and if he finds himself in round 4 with Lawler still standing across from him coming guns a blazing after taking his best shots I don't know how he's going to react. It didn't work out well for Rory and I've thought Rory would be champ since he destroyed Nate Diaz like 5 years ago. We'll see though because he def presents a tough challenge. Lawler can land kicks much better than Hendricks so maybe that'll keep him in it early and he can turn it on late in the fight. We'll see but frankly I'd prefer him to fight Woodley because Dana said he'd get the fight and because I think Lawler could use a bit easier fight before Thompson. He's been in some damn wars lately.

Robbie has much better distance management than Hendricks but he does have a tendency to get hurt from headkicks (happened vs Rory and Condit).

Hard to pick against Wonderboy after his distraction of Hendricks a few days ago. Robbie is a brawler and I wouldn't count him out but hard to pick against Thompson.
All of this ^

He needs to close distance, he can threaten with wrestling. This fight needs to happen tho.

Lawler is about the same height as Big Rigg. No way his style of fighting overcomes Wonderboys style that's amplified with his height and reach advantage over short guys.

Do this poll fresh off a Lawler win and the results would be the opposite.

Yes I would.

"I'm the champ! I'm here to stay!"

Would you pick Robbie?

I mean how is Robbie going to beat Wonder boy? Does he have enough to take him down and keep him there?

Ellenberger was able to drop Wonderboy with a right hand maybe Robbie could strike with him?

I just dont see any way Stephen Thompson wouldnt be the heavy favorite

tumblr_ng78rgZ8Ts1qet273o1_540.jpg

LOL. What?

Why is everyone sack riding wonderboy? He beat a crusty hendricks. Dudes hasnt fought in hella long. Wonderboy really hasnt proven crap. But i wouldnt mind watching robbie beat the hell outta him. I say robbie by ko/tko by rd3.
A crusty Hendricks? Crusty? lol

Wonderboy is a taller, slower version of Condit. Look Big Rig got demolished... however look objectively, he blocked every RHK coming his way. why? was Wonderboy slow? i doubt it, but a boy that big and tall, makes big sweeping motions to kick and lift off, so Big Rig blocked every kick. Sure it busted him up pretty good, but he did block it, otherwise he'd have been KTFO.
YJTo1iQkXA0sE.gif

R8a0s4cH1H0Qg.gif

5EopqQVZTzJ1m.gif

4ofljpMbuXB16.gif

3CwdvpPYKDLEI.gif

Wonderboy just wore Hendricks down, BUT objectively Hendricks did block 90% of what Wonderboy was dishing out, and Lawler who was testing by machine gun fucking Condit, has better defense.

This is 3rd round Lawler v. Condit, just look at Robbies improved defense, it's really amazing how much he blocked/checked/dodged from Condit.
sUyRBFAIBngty.gif

HBbMnpRXGLwkw.gif

XTramaQCrjsOs.gif

PUfE4QZyokADu.gif

A587WdcW7XBeM.gif

O6r8Cfl9eOL9C.gif

14ocuQn35rS7OE.gif

LzifrxsduECZy.gif

I2SVFwWoH8fEA.gif

xzFPe2DkHCFYk.gif

52HuTR8t5hv3y.gif

LOL. What?

Robbie's fight with Brown was pretty close until he started taking him down in the 3rd or 4th. I wouldn't be that surprised to see him utilize take downs although we haven't seen it lately. His wrestling is def still there that's why guys keep going toe to toe with a dangerous ass striker, they don't have much choice.

Wonderboy is a taller, slower version of Condit. Look Big Rig got demolished... however look objectively, he blocked every RHK coming his way. why? was Wonderboy slow? i doubt it, but a boy that big and tall, makes big sweeping motions to kick and lift off, so Big Rig blocked every kick. Sure it busted him up pretty good, but he did block it, otherwise he'd have been KTFO.
YJTo1iQkXA0sE.gif

R8a0s4cH1H0Qg.gif

5EopqQVZTzJ1m.gif

4ofljpMbuXB16.gif

3CwdvpPYKDLEI.gif

Wonderboy just wore Hendricks down, BUT objectively Hendricks did block 90% of what Wonderboy was dishing out, and Lawler who was testing by machine gun fucking Condit, has better defense.

This is 3rd round Lawler v. Condit, just look at Robbies improved defense, it's really amazing how much he blocked/checked/dodged from Condit.
sUyRBFAIBngty.gif

HBbMnpRXGLwkw.gif

XTramaQCrjsOs.gif

PUfE4QZyokADu.gif

A587WdcW7XBeM.gif

O6r8Cfl9eOL9C.gif

14ocuQn35rS7OE.gif

LzifrxsduECZy.gif

I2SVFwWoH8fEA.gif

xzFPe2DkHCFYk.gif

52HuTR8t5hv3y.gif

I'm picking Lawler but Condit was throwing mostly weak range keeping kicks, not the same kind of kicks Thompson was throwing at all. I imagine as with every Lawler fight it'd be a fucking war though.

you guys keep doubting Robbie and I'll keep cashing in

Wonderboy is a taller, slower version of Condit.
What? Carlos is the slow one. Can't close distance either. When he does he kinda does this lil sprint and ends up running into things. He did that all night in his last fight.

Back