Would you have a funeral for your dog?

The vet put my dog down and then they got rid of his body. In a way that was kind of how I said good bye the funeral wasn't necessary.

Cremation, more likely. Just like I intend to go.

Man I gotta tell my Uncle Rasheed to cut that shit out then. Last thing I need is an infidel living in my basement

Thread winner.

I don't know about a full funeral, but definitely would prefer to honor them in some way after they die.

I can see some humans would have a funeral for their dog....but it something I could never do.

I bury them in the backyard. my childhood home has cats dogs hamsters turtles and a couple snakes . whoever digs in that backyard may find bones everywhere

As some others have said, they're buried in the backyard between two tall trees. Nobody is allowed back there nor is anything to be put there.

The only funeral-type thing we did was for a dog we had for 13 years. She basically chose me when I was a baby and I grew up with her. When she died, it was like I lost a sister. She was the best dog ever.

Nope but I wrapped her in a sheet and buried her behind a garden in my yard and stuck a cross in the ground. Hope that's good enough for you ts.

I bury them in the backyard. my childhood home has cats dogs hamsters turtles and a couple snakes . whoever digs in that backyard may find bones everywhere
All I got is a dog and a bearded dragon named bowser in mine. I'm sure over the years the body count will pile. :(

I'll go to your dog's funeral if you serve food.

No because it doesnt do them any good they are dead by then also funeral doesnt make them wake up from the dead its all over and done with by then. This is coming from a person that have always loved animals and i currently have 2 cats that I love dearly they are my babies and coming up in age the boy is 15 and the girl 13 so they dont have many years left and the thought of it makes me sad had the boy since he was 10 weeks and they are like family.. I will break so bad when they die it will be devastating and hearbraking. But we all have to go some day and i feel good cause i think i gave them my all a good happy life and so much love and they will die happy and loved=) After they die its the same funeral doesnt help em anymore and same goes with humans but thats just me.. I understand that some people like the traditional rituals also.. I was at my grandmothers funeral and i hate the religious stuff at funerals cause i dont believe in fairytales.

Where those pics really necessary?

Anyway,the answer is no,but i dont hold it against someone who would. Maybe i would if i had a dog i took care of completley on my own the whole time,but i never had that.

I would be open to it. My animals are basically my children. I never have done that, but would not try to stop my wife from doing it or anything. I did know a guy who had a wake for his dog. But it was really more of an excuse to get together and drink.

I'll probably get drunk with my buddies and old roommates while we tell stories about my dog for a bit. That's a funeral by most standards

I love my dogs, I've had them both for over a decade and I'll be sad when the time comes, but no. That's kinda weird.

Of course. What we don't have is funerals for animals that lick their own but holes and nutsacks.

If there's a human being whose worst deed was licking his own butthole and nutsack, that would be one of the best people in the world.

My Shiba Inu recently died, I wrapped him in one of our wool blankets and planted him about 48" deep next to our newest Japanese Cherry tree I gave wife for Mother's Day. That's was a month ago, my wife did some landscaping around where he is buried and I'm ordering a small marble stone to put where the red mulch is. It's okay to love your pets, ours are a part of the family.
2ik5hzp.jpg

Funeral no, but cremated and keep the ashes to scatter - yeah, I've done it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back