Would you have a funeral for your dog?

I'd probably go for cremation over casket burial, but I'm torn on whether I'd keep the ashes in an urn or scatter them in an area the dog loved to play in.

I'd probably go for cremation over casket burial, but I'm torn on whether I'd keep the ashes in an urn or scatter them in an area the dog loved to play in.

From La Jolla - to Pismo, Dude.

No. I wouldn't have a funeral for a human if I had a choice. I tell my kids that they can cheap out on their inheritance when I die if they want. Chuck me in a ravine for all I care. When the body dies the person is gone.

Sounds messed up but when I was a kid my uncle threw our dead dog inthe fire wrapped in dried coconut leaves lol haven't had a pet in years though

sounds practical to me.

I will have a feast. I plan on eating my parents dog when it dies, so it will be with me always.

Had my dog cremated. Keep his old tag on my keyring.

To each their own.

Buried three in the backyard

Dug the graves myself

Had my dog cremated. Keep his old tag on my keyring.

To each their own.

This.

Whatever someone chooses to do to honor the death of a loved one is their choice.

I had mine cremated and plan on keeping his ashes with me for the rest of my life. Hell, he can be tossed in with whatever happens to my body when I die.

I wouldnt do it but if people want to do it I guess I kinda understand

Its weird but somehow I kinda condone the funeral of a "dog" but I think spending a shitload of money on human funerals or burials is the most stupid shit people do; and I guess my big issue is the money, I guess I can agree with the concept of holding a celebration (funeral) to remember the person/animal who just left this reality is something I understand but "spending" a shitload of money in doing so, money that can be more productively used in a million other ways is something that I find truly stupid. Thats my own opinion by the way, if you have a different one (and Im sure many people do) thats fine, Im not here to argue if you are wrong or not, just my opinion.

I wouldnt do it but if people want to do it I guess I kinda understand

Its weird but somehow I kinda condone the funeral of a "dog" but I think spending a shitload of money on human funerals or burials is the most stupid shit people do; and I guess my big issue is the money, I guess I can agree with the concept of holding a celebration (funeral) to remember the person/animal who just left this reality is something I understand but "spending" a shitload of money in doing so, money that can be more productively used in a million other ways is something that I find truly stupid. Thats my own opinion by the way, if you have a different one (and Im sure many people do) thats fine, Im not here to argue if you are wrong or not, just my opinion.
It's not a very western thing to
"celebrate death"... but it's HUGE
in cultures throughout the world.

It's one of the more fascinating
anthropological phenomenons imo
(The variances of how they're
viewed, valued & approached)

Back