Would you be disappointed if Conor never fights Khabib again?

elwani

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Regardless of who you love or hate, would you be disappointed?

I think I would be. I think we're interested in a fight for the story as well as the skill and this fight has plenty of both. Story wise, it is about whether Conor can find the right spirit to face someone who is tailor made to beat him and has caused so much hate in him. That is, can he find a way to rise above the hatred, fear, and humiliation of the first time. Skill wise, it is about whether there is any way for a skilled striker to defeat a superior grappler intent on taking him down.

If Khabib only has a few fights left then I'd prefer some fresh match ups.

Nope. 1st fight showed us everything, Conor was outclassed in every department.
He even cheated 12 times or something.

I'd rather Khabib face more interesting match ups, like Gaethje, or dare I say: GSP.

i would be yes but still think the outcome would be the same

Regardless of who you love or hate, would you be disappointed?

I think I would be. I think we're interested in a fight for the story as well as the skill and this fight has plenty of both. Story wise, it is whether Conor can find the right spirit to face someone who is tailor made to beat him and has caused so much hate in him. That is, can he find a way to rise above the hatred, fear, and humiliation of the first time. Skill wise, it is about if there is any way for a skilled striker to defeat a superior grappler intent on taking him down.
My opinion is that it’s a fight I’m interested in but right now it’s not THE fight. If this rematch happens it needs to feel like two forces who have taken out big names colliding. Conor needs redemption. He needs win over cowboy, and at least 1 or 2 others. If he puts together 2-3 finishes I’ll be excited as hell. But if it’s not mean to be, it’s not meant to be

giphy.gif

Is was a DESTRUCTION.

Connie was outstruck, outgrappled, dropped, and BEAT into submission... That’s about a definitive as a fight gets.

<{titihmm}>

I'd be disappointed if they did rematch. Nothing about that fight left any unanswered questions and I'd rather Khabib finish his last handful fight against new opponents instead of recycling ones he already dominated.

I don't see Conor ever being able to make up for the lifetime of grappling experience that Khabib has. Like others have said, I'd much rather see Khabib face GSP, Gaethje, Hooker/Felder...

The fight is not interesting anymore unless Conor runs through a few opponents like Cerrone, Gaethje, Masvidal, etc., but I wouldn't favor him to beat any of the actual top contenders.

I wouldnt. Conor cant consistently beat Khabib. He has to take him out early,like real early. If thats the case,i mean,to me Khabib is the better fighter by default. He cant get taken down,that is disastrous on his ablity to finish,even if he survives.

I dont think Khabib has a boat load of fights left. I know hes still young and in his absolute prime but, hes had 28 fights and been in the game for a long time.

I'd like to seem him officially clean out the division (of the current top tier fighters at 155).

So I'd like his next 3 fights at 55 to be Ferg, Justin and Lee (if he continues a run). Then it's time for 170. Could happen this year to be fair.

Beats Ferg
Beats Justin
170 Superfight - He still wants GSP doesn't he? Although I think it's very unlikely. But why not if they're both game when the time is right.

EDIT - just realised I didn't answer your question. I wouldn't be too bothered due to how one sided the first fight was. But if McGregor can string together some wins and earns the rematch - Why not? It would be huge for MMA and Khabib would make huge bank. It'd be win win.

Even the casuals would kneel to the mighty Khabib or loyal fans of MMA would eat crow and we'd be set for the biggest trilogy fight the sport has ever seen!

Last edited:
Conor doesn’t even have a punchers chance.

Khabib emasculates him and beats him 10/10.

/thread

What the fuck did anyone see in the first fight that would make you want to see a second fight? Unless you REALLY hate Conor and want to see him humiliated or you REALLY love Conor and are delusional about his abilities, why would you want to see the fight again? Conor has shown nothing that suggests he could ever be competitive with Khabib.

I don’t feel Conor should be subjected to that again. Yes, he is an athlete & entertainer. He’s also a human being & there is no reason to subject him to another mauling

I don’t feel Conor should be subjected to that again. Yes, he is an athlete & entertainer. He’s also a human being & there is no reason to subject him to another mauling

But I think it would be a testament to his character if he truly wants that fight again.

I'd be disappointed in Khabib for taking the rematch and lose some respect for him so NO. I want Khabib to fight rightful contenders, stay active, defend, I know it's something Conrat fans aren't used to, they like their guy to hold divisions hostage whilst he decides to box etc...

Ideal scenario would be:

- Beat Tony
- Face GSP/Usman
- Retire

in a way, no.
He prob can't stop the takedown. I don't enjoy wrestle fck matches that much.

Nope. 1st fight showed us everything, Conor was outclassed in every department.
He even cheated 12 times or something.

I'd rather Khabib face more interesting match ups, like Gaethje, or dare I say: GSP.
This. Conor had his moments but it was generally a definitive win for Khabib. If LW was an anemic division like HW or LHW then sure let's get a Conor rematch but there are no shortage of good fighters at LW so let's move on.

It wouldn't be close and there's no reason to make the match again unless Dana hates Conor.

Back