Would weight ranges (for each class) and same day weight in's be better than weight cutting?

i'd like them to weigh fighters on the day of the fight and have a hydration limit or whatever it's called. pretty much weigh in day before and have a limit to how much they weigh when in the octagon. it's not something i'm adamant they change though. if guys are better at cutting weight than others it's not really anyone's fault, just something fighters have to deal with.

There already IS a 15-20 lb range, it seems like you want to add more weight classes in some cases (205-230 division) but want to change WW from 156-170 to 156-190. Or would your WW division be 170-190, essentially making it MW?

I just don't get what you're trying to accomplish here. Changing the name of MW to WW isn't going to get fighters to stop cutting, they'd fight at the same weight and cut down to the new "light weight" division.

You should really read my first post again.

It is obvious you did not.

I'd like to see same day weigh ins. It's the safest, and most fair system for ALL fighters. It will happen. It's just a matter of time.

Yeah, they do that in wrestling, without the hydration tests, just same day weigh in.

Same day weigh-in forces the fighter to chose the weightclass that is most reasonable and safe for them and not the weight in which they have the advantage.

i'd like them to weigh fighters on the day of the fight and have a hydration limit or whatever it's called. pretty much weigh in day before and have a limit to how much they weigh when in the octagon. it's not something i'm adamant they change though. if guys are better at cutting weight than others it's not really anyone's fault, just something fighters have to deal with.

That is basically what I said. Read my first post.

it took someone dying for this to be implemented in one fc. will take a death to get this done in ufc? more than one death?

Will probably happen before someone dies. The UFC is really cleaning up its act.

Just like drug testing wouldn't ever be taken that seriouly?

Just like women will never fight in the UFC?

Just like drugs won't ever be tolerated in the UFC?

Just like mma will never be legal in NY?

Just like mma will never be legitimate and seen as more than 'human cock fighting?'

When will you fools learn you are usually wrong?

The weight classes already are ranges. LHW is 186 to 205, MW is 171 to 185, WW is 156 to 170, etc.

Guess what? Everyone cuts to the maximum limit. It's a complete nonsense idea.

I like the idea. I really think weight cutting needs to stop. It has been proven that it takes a while for the brain to fully rehydrate and it is obviously very dangerous fighting in that condition. It really makes no sense if you think about it- both fighters weigh in at 170 but fight at 180 something or whatever, what was the point of even weighing in than? What is the point of a weight class that no one actually fights at?

thought you were suggesting 2 weigh ins on the same day, i was saying one a day earlier and one the day of, oops 

Oh I was.

But it doesn't have to be. Still I don't see why the commission or USADA couldn't have portable scales at the cage and make sure a fighter didn't put on extra weight.

A weigh in the day before and day of makes sense. However, the day of weigh in needs to be very close to the fight so no time to gain back excess weight. Of course dehydration tests would be suffice to weed out those who have dehydrated themselves.

Here he is before Lawler, not done putting weight back on. Feel stupid yet?

That isn't +200lbs you fool. You seriously need help. And we shouldn't be fight g since I like Chael and know that Brady is the GOAT.

Plus go back and read my arguments. My argument had been that like 95% of fighters aren't cutting +30lbs of weight. And that doing such can kill you literally if you attempt to do it. Your insides can fail. Read about johny kidney problems.

Also, 195LBS is 25lbs above 170lbs (not 30lbs). And last I remembered Johny weighed in at 171.2, so really he was 2lbs heavier. Or do you think he then went stuffed his face and ate a huge plate of spaghetti and meatballs before the fight? Didn't shit anymore all day?

I also. Posted facts and quotes and confirmed evidence. You post ONE example of one fighter who was cutting WAY too much weight. I then posted facts about Johny dangerous weight cut and how his fight against Woodley was cancelled because he couldn't safely cut 26lbs of water weight without going to the God damn emergency room. Yet for some reason you ignore these facts and still try and make the bullshit case argument that your 'average WW is bigger than Anderson Silva or prime Chael sonnen). FYI chael was usually a 205lber inside the Octagon and that has been confirmed by people who have been at his camp and Chael himself. Johny may have once or twice in his career been 200lbs on fight night but he is a rare exception to fighters who regularly cut that much. And as we can see from the past year Johny is done living that dangerous and stupid lifestyle. Hence why he is now under 190lbs on fight night now.

Also, why did you ignore my recent postimgs about him and from his trainer about him weighing in less than 195LBS for his last few camps? And how he only blew it against woodely because he came into camp way too fat?

Hendricks says here he will be close to 200 against GSP on fight night. 195-200.
http://mmadiehards.com/live/radio/mma-cypher-radio-johny-hendricks-cormega-charlie-brenneman/

Just stop, you are ignorant.

You are the one who was claiming +200lbs. I said bs and that he only cracked +200lbs when out of training camp.

Close to 200LBS does not equal 200lbs nor does it equal more than 200lbs. And the reason johnny sucked back then was because excessive weight cutting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also. Posted facts and quotes and confirmed evidence. You post ONE example of one fighter who was cutting WAY too much weight.
I have posted weights for WW fighters non stop for years. LW fighters walk around ~190, Benson does BJJ at 190+. If you want to remain ignorant you are welcome to it.

I have posted weights for WW fighters non stop for years. LW fighters walk around ~190, Benson does BJJ at 190+. If you want to remain ignorant you are welcome to it.

I will continue this with you all day if you'd like. You continue to tell false things inspite of evidence.

Also, I am not talking about walking around weight (what fighters walk around at when they are fat asses). It is you Mr. "post fighters weights" who is remaiming ignorant.

Oh and Bendo (Benson Henderson) is now at Welterweight you fool. Why? Because he realized the stupidity in dieting that much before training camp and then going from fat ass to in shape. Do you actually think Benson Henderson was fighting at 190lbs while at LW?

How delusional are you. You really think he was weighing 35lbs more than his weigh in at 155lbs.

You really think he gains 35lbs of water weight in a 24hr period. Hahaha hahaha you are insane.

You'd have to have the weigh ins right before the event started. If you want to fight dehydrated then go ahead.

Otherwise, no matter what you do you are going to have guys cutting weigjt

I don't get the ranges, we already have that. 136-145 for example. Just do your day before and day of weigh ins (maybe take their morning weight every morning the week of the fight). Say you fight at 170, you better not weigh more than 171 any morning week of. Guys would have to wake up at 168ish to be sure each day.

Ummm almost all of them weigh over 191. Hendricks has come in over 200. Rory is 200 in camp. Condit is one of the smaller top guys and he is I think 190-191. GSP is the smallest top WW and he is 185-187.

All the top LW fighters would now be in WW, many of them are way over 170.

I think that's the point.....

Back