Would Teddy Riner Ronda the entire HW division?

"People With Money reports on Monday (August 10) that Riner is the highest-paid athlete in the world, pulling in an astonishing $82 million between July 2014 and July 2015, a nearly $50 million lead over his closest competition."

http://en.mediamass.net/people/teddy-riner/highest-paid.html

lmfao...

tumblr_lrlinuX7VB1qg6v9wo1_400.gif

Of course the fat slow HW's wouldn't be able to keep up with him.

He's a HW Judoka. His cardio makes Cain look like Soa Palelei.

Since when has any elite judoka come into MMA and dominated a heavier weight class?

I do know, because I don't live in the US.

The article that quotes that amount of income for him is false. But please, tell me how a niche sport athlete that most people have never even heard of makes LeBron money annually.

If you can read French, there was an article in Lemond magazine from 4 or 5 years ago that interviewed Teddy Riner. In that interview, he estimated his income to be between $1-$1.5 million. That was 4-5 years ago.

It is certainly possible that his income could have been exaggerated in that article. But what is known is that Teddy Riner has MANY sponsorships. And just the ones with Adidas, Powerade, and Atos pay him damn near $1 million a year. He definitely does not need to fight in the UFC for money.

Of course the fat slow HW's wouldn't be able to keep up with him.

He's a HW Judoka. His cardio makes Cain look like Soa Palelei.

Where do you get this from?

He spends his judo matches grabbing onto another dude's clothes and grappling. Let's see how good his cardio is when he's running around a cage avoiding overhand bombs and defending wrestling takedowns. Not to mention throwing power punches of his own and suffering from adrenaline dump due to the shit-your-pants-scary scenario of being in a fullcontact fight inside a cage with a massive dude trying to knock his head off his shoulders, while he tries to do the same.

The judo federation is against mma because of political bs in France. French sissies would hold them liable if any judoka injured someone during mma training. I also think there was something business related that went sour between the federation and the UFC a while back that may also contribute to this disdain. Their public explanation that mma is violent and dangerous makes little sense since people do get KOd or injured when thrown during competition. They're probably afraid guys will stop competing in judo and go to mma or something.

Fedor was at the Russian national team in judo he was a way better heavyweight judoka then let

If you can read French, there was an article in Lemond magazine from 4 or 5 years ago that interviewed Teddy Riner. In that interview, he estimated his income to be between $1-$1.5 million. That was 4-5 years ago.

It is certainly possible that his income could have been exaggerated in that article. But what is known is that Teddy Riner has MANY sponsorships. And just the ones with Adidas, Powerade, and Atos pay him damn near $1 million a year. He definitely does not need to fight in the UFC for money.

Even so, that income and sponsorships is a long, long, long way off of the claimed $80 million+ a year, "asshat".

I never claimed Riner was hard up or that he "needed" MMA or the money. Just was extremely doubtful that an athlete that most people would never have even heard of, in a niche sport like judo, would be making more money than every other athlete on the planet. The entire notion is quite frankly ridiculous, and anyone with any sort of knowledge of sport, sporting economics, athlete salaries, sponsorships, etc. should logically shoot down those numbers straight away.

it's a matter of how his pain tolerance is in level with his skills. a lot of great grapplers and judoka's turned mediocre fighters because of factors they never encountered in judo. Leg Kicks, body kicks, head kicks, punches and elbows...Although with his size and athleticism, I would say he could've been a HW JBJ....

This isn't WBW. With only 6 months training a guy like Mitrione would probably knock him out on the feet

Back