Would O'Malley be favored over Sandhagen if he wasn't champ?

Sandhagen probably will be favored or it will be close to a pick em.

Better wrestler, proven championship level cardio. I think if it ever happens Sandhagen gets through the early rounds when O'Malley is most dangerous and takes over late.

When Sandhagen loses, it’s always due to fundamentals which is where O’Malley thrives.
The matchup is the epitome of whole Bruce Lee 10,000 kicks quote.

Going to let that retarded thread title stay?
<Dany07>

Definitely, O'Malley beat Yan and Sandhagen got beat pretty easily by Yan. I mean Sandhagen did respectably but Yan was a step ahead with his striking game the whole time

When Sandhagen loses, it’s always due to fundamentals which is where O’Malley thrives.
The matchup is the epitome of whole Bruce Lee 10,000 kicks quote.

<Dany07>
Would be an interesting match up. 2 of his losses were to Yan and TJ who both have great TDD and striking. I know O'Malley was able to stuff Aljo but Aljo doesn't have great striking to set up the takedowns like Sandhagen has.

Would be an interesting match up. 2 of his losses were to Yan and TJ who both have great TDD and striking. I know O'Malley was able to stuff Aljo but Aljo doesn't have great striking to set up the takedowns like Sandhagen has.

Absolutely!
While I’d lean toward the champ due to my previous statement, I wouldn’t bet the house.
Would be a fun fight to watch.

The problem Sandhagen presents, which is very dangerous to Sean imo, is that he is absolutely willing to fight/win boring.

Thats a real problem.

Sean beat Aljo because Aljo got impatient, let the boos affect him and he overextended trying to close distance to a clinch while Sean reset his footwork to maintain distance to land the right. That is a technical mistake and a MENTAL mistake.

Crowd was booing the shit out of Cory in his last fight with Font, and Cory stuck with his wrestling gameplan even though he probably outstrikes Font pretty comfortably, especially after Rob was tired from rounds on the bottom.

Cory is not going to make the mistake.

Look at guys like GSP, Jon Jones. Nearly impossible to beat because they are disciplined, follow a game plan and will keep doing the gameplan to the easy win rather than take even a relatively small risk in pursuit of a finish.

It is extremely hard for even elite fighters to finish a fighter that is fighting a safety first fight.

Sean is wise to set his sights on Chito and Henry. If he is lucky maybe Aljo beats Cory for him or Cory bets Merab. In the meantime Sean needs to make his TDD and defensive BJJ bulletproof.

If him and Sandhagen fought a month ago who would you say should be the favorite?

I'd still have sandhagen as the favorite even now. I'd pick sandhagen with confidence. He matches sean's length, he's hard to hit clean, and he's the better grappler. I think he's one of the worst match ups in the division for Sean.

Sean by headshot KO by being a sniper, according to Dana

Hard to say. O'Malley seems to have the better overall striking but Sandhagen is surely the better grappler. I'd guess Sandhagen would be a slight betting favorite both pre and post title victory for O'Malley.

Sandhagen is a more refined version of O'Malley.

The only reason Sean became champion first is Sandhagen didn't have Dana White privilege and had to fight a murderer's row.

Back