would Jon Jones be as dominant in Pride under their rules against their best including Fedor?

it is what it is

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I personally see him as the p4p best, and a little curious to see how he would of done against prime 205 fighters under those rules, along with Fedor & Crocop. Wondering who would have given him problems

Jon Jones duck the UFC heavyweight division.. imagine PRIDE Heavyweight division with Fedor/Nog/Werdum/CroCop/Sergei/Schilt/Alex/Oveerem/Hunt... No even eyespokes or Coke warm up would save him.
But He would be top 5 in Pride Middleweight.. in my opinion-.

Jones is the best I've ever seen... I'd favor him vs any version of anybody.

No elbows, but Jones with knees on the ground and no PED testing is scary

Lol Jones be getting yellow carded every other eye poke. He'd stop that shit right away.

He'd be great in any era. He would miss the cage as a wrestler, but he's still very good with throws from the clinch away in the center. And if he gets you down and is north-south or side control, fuck your head--he will knee the matter out of it. Fedor beat one dimensional wrestlers like Coleman and Randleman--Jones is not that. A young Fedor is durable enough to make it interesting but I think Jon is just a step above everyone, even for this present era.

Lol Jones be getting yellow carded every other eye poke. He'd stop that shit right away.
They may actually DQ.

On topic, it's always tough to call these things. I believe Jon is a much more developed fighter. It's just evolution of the sport.

jon-jones-shogun-soccer-kick-ufc-128.gif

tumblr_maslko3EzS1rrwwgco2_500.gif

overeem_kharitonov.gif

You take away his elbows and give him access to grounded knees, soccer kicks, and stomps. This is while he himself doesn't become vulnerable to those moves as he doesn't often shoot as he prefers clinch throws and trips. Not to mention he himself is a very difficult to take down let alone keep down long enough to be hit by those.

Jones would thrive with Pride rules just the same.

Juiced Jones wrecks everyone.

jon-jones-shogun-soccer-kick-ufc-128.gif

tumblr_maslko3EzS1rrwwgco2_500.gif

overeem_kharitonov.gif

You take away his elbows and give him access to grounded knees, soccer kicks, and stomps. This is while he himself doesn't become vulnerable to those moves as he doesn't often shoot as he prefers clinch throws and trips. Not to mention he himself is a very difficult to take down let alone keep down long enough to be hit by those.

Jones would thrive with Pride rules just the same.
Jones is also one evil mother#&@$#! Lol.....he would definitely love the opportunity to hurt someone

Considering most fighters at Pride were adepts of throwing looping swing punches coming forward with chin held high, I think he would be even more dominant.

But then without Pride, there would be no Jon Jones, at least not as we know him.

They may actually DQ.

On topic, it's always tough to call these things. I believe Jon is a much more developed fighter. It's just evolution of the sport.
I think he'd run through 205, but would be intriguing to see him against the monsters Fedor & Crocop in their primes

No cage Jones... not sure. He'd have to brawl a lot more, and that's not always his game. And that's against some top
Brawlers . His clench would be less effective, as would his ground game without elbows

He's still a top fighter but not "as dominant"

Back