Would JDS or Cain be 307-0 if...

Sorry those shots were not that impressive and cain shouldn't have dropped. Even JDS's shot was a glancing blow.

Cain's an animal when he totally controls a fight. JDS will hit him though as would overreem, which is why they both want to fight him over eachother.

Lets see you walk through them, tough guy.

Anybody with 307 fights is going to start feeling it at some point... Besides, being a great fighter doesn't neccessarily mean you'll enjoy great longevity. Take a look at Jens Pulver, he was a great fighter in his day, but now struggles in regional shows.

Lets see you walk through them, tough guy.

I'm not exactly the yardstick, other heavyweights in the division are.

My limited experience in mma is enough for me to speculate however.

I'd say roughly zero chance. After all, JDS has 1 loss to a non-top competitor. Anyways, that was part of what made Fedor so exciting... nvm the haters, it's hard to go that many fights at HW w/o getting caught.

So again, no way.

I'm not exactly the yardstick, other heavyweights in the division are.

My limited experience in mma is enough for me to speculate however.

Shit happens. Anderson got wobbled by Chael on the feet and Chael isn't known as a power puncher what so ever.

If you watch Jake Shields vs. Ed Herman, Shields wobbled Herman on the feet. :eek: I think it was in the 3rd round, I was amazed because.. it's Jake Shields..

If I knew how to make gifs I would do it, but I have no idea how to do that shit. I can't even shoop normal pictures.

If I knew how to make gifs I would do it, but I have no idea how to do that shit. I can't even shoop normal pictures.

Its ok I don't know how either.

Besides, its hard to make a gif of something that doesn't exist (Cain eating a headstrike and not getting wobbled).

:p

Shit happens sure, but people were calling his chin suspect before JDS and all that did was confirm it.

Pray for a takedown and elbows early or Cain will be taking a nappy-poo.

btw, some people here are so fucking mentally handicapped it's incredible. Calling Cain a glass chin only because he got hit in the fucking temple by jds and got dropped is the epitome of stupidity . He took some mean bombs from Kongo and he's never been knocked out or rocked badly in any other fight outside of Kongo and Dos Santos. Idiots.

Last edited:
Sorry those shots were not that impressive and cain shouldn't have dropped. Even JDS's shot was a glancing blow.

Cain's an animal when he totally controls a fight. JDS will hit him though as would overreem, which is why they both want to fight him over eachother.

Ok, please stop. A glancing blow? And bullshit on those shots not being impressive. You are throwing facts to the curb in order to prove your point.

:icon_conf

The shot that knocked him down had nothing to do with his chin. Notice, the punch JDS landed hit him behind the ear and the others were shots to the temple to put him to sleep.

Also, Kongo has some serious power. Cain took his best punches that night, and still took him down and recovered quickly and gave Kongo a beating. I think you forget these are HW's as well.

Chin means punch resistance, not the literal body part.
Kongo hit him three times and dropped him three times.

There's a trend of Cain having low punch resistance but excellent punch recovery, which can make up for the former for a while. He woke up fast after JDS cleaned his clock but don't equate the term chin to the physical body part.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound?

Its ok I don't know how either.

Besides, its hard to make a gif of something that doesn't exist (Cain eating a headstrike and not getting wobbled).

:p

Shit happens sure, but people were calling his chin suspect before JDS and all that did was confirm it.

Pray for a takedown and elbows early or Cain will be taking a nappy-poo.

I would say its more a similar situation to Arlovski, his defence is suspect and his chin isnt good enough for him to get away with it vs heavy hitters compaired to someone like say Shogun, Hendo or to a lesser extent JDS himself.

You look at the rest of Cains career and Nog, Rothwell and Lesnar were all actually landing on him early so he clearly can take a punch but guys like Kongo and JDS who have more consistant power are always going to be a big danger for him.

:icon_conf

The shot that knocked him down had nothing to do with his chin. Notice, the punch JDS landed hit him behind the ear and the others were shots to the temple to put him to sleep.

It's amazing that a presumed fan of combat sports could write this.

Going back to the original question I'd guess JDS would be retired with f**ked up hands after the first 50 or so KO's, look at what happened to Igor in a similar situation.

Ok, please stop. A glancing blow? And bullshit on those shots not being impressive. You are throwing facts to the curb in order to prove your point.

Rogan even uses the term "glancing blow" in his analysis of the shot.

And c'mon you can't say he felt Kongo's real power. They were thrown moving backwards and off-balance, armstrength looking like he's in a back-brace punches and Cain got rocked. Repeatedly too.

I mean if you think Cain is gona TD Junior with a quickness and GnP, sure, that can happen & it needs to happen for Cain to win. But you can't possibly think he's going to be able to eat any shots on his feet and leave conscious.

Rogan even uses the term "glancing blow" in his analysis of the shot.

And c'mon you can't say he felt Kongo's real power. They were thrown moving backwards and off-balance, armstrength looking like he's in a back-brace punches and Cain got rocked. Repeatedly too.

I mean if you think Cain is gona TD Junior with a quickness and GnP, sure, that can happen & it needs to happen for Cain to win. But you can't possibly think he's going to be able to eat any shots on his feet and leave conscious.

Rogan also called Wandy's stoppage over Le 'Bad' and retracted it same with Irvin's leg kick over Anderson's before Anderson took James out. Don't take Joe's word as gospel, cause Dos Santos threw a haymaker from hell that happened to land in the perfect spot. Besides, Kongo seemed to be moving backwards when he KO'd Pat. Cain took some good shots from Kongo and kept on trucking.

TS just discovered FightFinder...cute

Rogan also called Wandy's stoppage over Le 'Bad' and retracted it same with Irvin's leg kick over Anderson's before Anderson took James out. Don't take Joe's word as gospel, cause Dos Santos threw a haymaker from hell that happened to land in the perfect spot. Besides, Kongo seemed to be moving backwards when he KO'd Pat. Cain took some good shots from Kongo and kept on trucking.

I don't think Cain got a bad chin(like Arlovski), but usually (long-term) champions are guys with iron chins or else they end up losing because of a "fluke". I think Cain's chin is average, but not great for a heavyweight.
For example, if JDS makes a mistake and gets clipped he will probably absorb it, while cain will probably get woobly and possibly koed.
I think the only dominant champion without an iron chin is GSP, and he lost against Serra because of that. Guys like Junior, BJ Penn and Anderson Silva can make mistakes once in a while.

Probably not. JDS has already been subbed by low level MW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back