Would JDS or Cain be 307-0 if...

It doesn't matter how good/bad either of their chins are. You fight 300 fights at heavyweight, you will go down eventually.

Too much power, to many opportunities for injuries, mistakes, and even just raw bad luck.

I don't think Cain got a bad chin(like Arlovski), but usually (long-term) champions are guys with iron chins or else they end up losing because of a "fluke". I think Cain's chin is average, but not great for a heavyweight.
For example, if JDS makes a mistake and gets clipped he will probably absorb it, while cain will probably get woobly and possibly koed.
I think the only dominant champion without an iron chin is GSP, and he lost against Serra because of that. Guys like Junior, BJ Penn and Anderson Silva can make mistakes once in a while.

Arlovski's chin really isnt that bad either, infact I'd say he's taken alot more shots than Cain without going down vs the likes of Bigfoot, Sergei and Sylvia the 3rd and 4th times.

At HW moreso than any other division poor defence is simpley not something you can afford if you want to stay at the top IMHO. Guys like Nog and Fedor might be known for having great chins but the reality is that during there primes years they simpley werent taking many big shots standing.

It doesn't matter how good/bad either of their chins are. You fight 300 fights at heavyweight, you will go down eventually.

Too much power, to many opportunities for injuries, mistakes, and even just raw bad luck.

qft,

this is a very odd thread...

Serious answer to the question: If you look at it in a vacuum and ask would Cain and JDS beat all those specific fighters? Then the answer is probably yes. But if you put it in context and ask, could they fight all those guys in the amount of time that Fulton did then the answer is almost certainly no. Injuries happen, illnesses happen, waning focus happens. I just don't think anybody goes through a gauntlet like that and come out unscathed.

Would my Aunt be my Uncle if she had balls?

Cain took two direct shots to the chin from Kongo and recovered immediately, pat barry took two direct shots to the chin from kongo and was out could, and yet no one claims he has a glass jaw.

Back