Would Derrick Lewis and Ngannou have been among the 50 untrained guys who could beat Joe Rogan?

Yeah but I feel like there's some people out there that can close the gap via sheer athleticism and explosiveness.

Rogan is a midget with no stand-up game. Most fights with bigger untrained men would end up with him getting KO'd quick...like this other BJJ/workout freak and dwarf, Danzig:

tenor.gif

Joe has an obscene and vulgar amount of violence within him. It crackles out from him in the form of vicious leg kicks that break the sound barrier. 50 untrained men could fight joe at once and he’d dominate with relative ease. He’s also pocket sized, so he can easily conceal himself within the shirt pocket of his opponents and spring out with a kick that rips their body in half

. 05C0365B-590C-4444-8AA5-8D1A9BA21E7A.gif

Real talk Joe is a Jean Jacques Machado black belt in BJJ and a black belt under Eddie Bravo in 10th planet Jiu Jitsu. He wrestled in high school. He was ranked 2nd in the US in Tae Kwon do, won loads of tournaments as a black belt. Joe had a few Kickboxing bouts and trained boxing a few years too. As he got older he trained like a mad man with all sorts of athletes, military, UFC fighters, coaches etc you name it.

I know hes a tiny bugger and now he's kinda old and stiff but say when he was 40, I think he melts an untrained 25 year old Derrick Lewis, probably the same goes for N"Gannou.

People bag on Rogan (mostly for good reason) but...

Joe would wipe the floor with the vast majority of humans on this planet. He is a lifelong martial artist trained at elite levels in multiple disciplines as you said. He has been around fighting for decades. He has done plenty of sparring, with elite fighters.

He does steroids and HGH.

He kicks like a goddamn mule.

He is highly intelligent. And that brain is trained for being applied to fighting.

In all fairness he might be right. To be a black belt in BJJ AND being a legit striker on top of it is a huge problem for any non trained fighter

My goodness, just saw that Derrick actually went to jail, didn't even know that before...
Going to jail would be the last thing I want in this life, although being a decent martial artist, I'm a 180 pound guy who never had to fight in the streets or whatsoever, I would be scared to death to fight even untrained 280 pounds beasts from the hood, but maybe are these fears unfounded since I know how to sweep from De La Riva guard <30>

Those fears are not unfounded. 100 pound weight advantage makes up for a lot training, assuming it's not all fat and there is a height advantage as well. I don't care where they're from, if I'm in a fight with a dude 100 pounds heavier than me, I fucked up somewhere.

People bag on Rogan (mostly for good reason) but...

Joe would wipe the floor with the vast majority of humans on this planet. He is a lifelong martial artist trained at elite levels in multiple disciplines as you said. He has been around fighting for decades. He has done plenty of sparring, with elite fighters.

He does steroids and HGH.

He kicks like a goddamn mule.

He is highly intelligent. And that brain is trained for being applied to fighting.

No one is arguing that. He would whip most people's asses.

The funny thing is his claim that only 50 people out of 7 billion could beat him in a fight, when in reality he's 50 years old, a manlet, and even in his prime was too scared to even have a charity fight against a proper fighter.

show me Joe Rogan anklepicking someone
Show me an untrained guy landing a knee or uppercut KO against a trained guy going for a takedown

Vast majority of people without experience would never even land a knee or uppercut on another untrained person, let alone knock them out with one.

Those fears are not unfounded. 100 pound weight advantage makes up for a lot training, assuming it's not all fat and there is a height advantage as well. I don't care where they're from, if I'm in a fight with a dude 100 pounds heavier than me, I fucked up somewhere.
I was being ironic obviously, I know these fears are not unfounded bro

This comes up every once in a while and it blows my mind how many people: a) just want to shit on Rogan b)can't even imagine the gap between someone who trains vs someone who doesn't.

Dude, Rogan is a black belt in TWO martial arts.

If I told you there is some random guy who can't write or read and that he will win a spelling contest against a university professor of literature and english you'd think I'm crazy.

Someone who's never trained anything is to a BJJ black belt what a illiterate is to a highly educated person.

And contrary to popular believe, not everyone can fight. We all know how to hit, we've all done it as children but fighting is a skill and its definitely NOT something everyone can do. And specifically once it's on the ground and that "1 in a million lucky punch chance" flies out the window...

He specifically said untrained people. How many untrained people can stop Rogan from taking them down?
Plus the Dude competed in TKD and knocked people out in competition....

People are ridiculous with this story. Rogan said some random number. He could have said 500or 5000, doesn't matter people would still be moaning and complaining.

I don't know how many untrained people are out there that can beat him, but he is much closer to the real number than if he would have said 500.

Proof to how limited the chances are of finding someone who could do it?
OTS's best guess at some random guy having a shot at Rogan?
Fighters... if they weren't fighters.
Tells the story

New Zealand is full of people who fight for fun when they get drunk during the weekends.
Big guys you would never want to get on the bad side with.

NZ has a small population so only one of those guys max would be able to beat the beast that is Joe Rogan

Back