Would Derrick Lewis and Ngannou have been among the 50 untrained guys who could beat Joe Rogan?

What about 258.5 pound version of Lewis? ;)

hqdefault.jpg
Then I beat his ass with ease

The guy hosting the podcast is obviously a douche but he is right on that

That guy has no idea what he's talking bout though ... I mean, Rogan actually has grappling and striking credentials, and he didn't get them by doing "three promotional classes".

I have no problem if people wanna shit on a guy, but get the facts straight though.

That being said, the Rogan is over the top too with his claim.

Real talk Joe is a Jean Jacques Machado black belt in BJJ and a black belt under Eddie Bravo in 10th planet Jiu Jitsu. He wrestled in high school. He was ranked 2nd in the US in Tae Kwon do, won loads of tournaments as a black belt. Joe had a few Kickboxing bouts and trained boxing a few years too. As he got older he trained like a mad man with all sorts of athletes, military, UFC fighters, coaches etc you name it.

I know hes a tiny bugger and now he's kinda old and stiff but say when he was 40, I think he melts an untrained 25 year old Derrick Lewis, probably the same goes for N"Gannou.

Yeah but I feel like there's some people out there that can close the gap via sheer athleticism and explosiveness.

Im not a Rogan fan, at all. I mean, I cannot stand to listen to him for longer than a few minutes at a time, BUT... WHO THE FUCK IS THIS GUY??? Joe has honorary black belts? This dweeb is spreading actual fake news. I wish homie was brave enough to roll with insecure little Rogan, cuz he’d get bullied and twisted up!!

Real talk Joe is a Jean Jacques Machado black belt in BJJ and a black belt under Eddie Bravo in 10th planet Jiu Jitsu. He wrestled in high school. He was ranked 2nd in the US in Tae Kwon do, won loads of tournaments as a black belt. Joe had a few Kickboxing bouts and trained boxing a few years too. As he got older he trained like a mad man with all sorts of athletes, military, UFC fighters, coaches etc you name it.

I know hes a tiny bugger and now he's kinda old and stiff but say when he was 40, I think he melts an untrained 25 year old Derrick Lewis, probably the same goes for N"Gannou.

You forgot the HGH and Steroids

... if they hadn't discovered MMA and martial arts?

50 worldwide lol, Detroit's hoods alone have tons of Derrick Lewis type of guys fighting in the streets <{cruzshake}>

Even if Joe were in the 99.99th percentile of men aged 18-44 in the US with respect to combat, of which there are 50 million such men, that still means 5000 are tougher than him.

When you include the entire world, the numbers just become silly.

Joe is essentially claiming that he's in the top 99.999995th percentile in combat among men in that age group.

Meanwhile he's done very little competing to prove that.

have you seen Joe box? he's not good at boxing even still after all the years of training he's done. there's definitely street tough guys who could knock him out if they ended up throwing hands.
Who said anything about a boxing match? They said fight to the death.. A street tough guy can swing haymakers, while Rogan ankle picks them and it goodnight Irene.

Who said anything about a boxing match? They said fight to the death.. A street tough guy can swing haymakers, while Rogan ankle picks them and it goodnight Irene.

or he gets knocked out diving for an ankle and runs into an uppercut or knee.

Dumb thing to say but that podcaster is absolutely insufferable.

no, it was Lavar Johnson KO'ing Carl Seumanutafa.

nice try tho.

That’s not an ankle pick.. That was a sloppy feint at somewhat high single.. But I remember Johnson’s run as the next HW one puncher.. It went nowhere..

Through my dad in his prime on there. 6’3, 230, good shape his whole life.

Plot twist: Ronda already beat those 50 untrained guys and we all know Beast would let her win for a piece of dat booty!
GoodnaturedNarrowArrowana-small.gif

by Rogan's own admission she would whoop him to And Lebron.

... if they hadn't discovered MMA and martial arts?

50 worldwide lol, Detroit's hoods alone have tons of Derrick Lewis type of guys fighting in the streets <{cruzshake}>

You do realize Bro Joegan is something around 200 pounds himself? And that he s a very skilled and powerful kicker that could easily finish the fight with a kick to the nuts?
Also, his BJJ is pretty solid .

Of course, Francis and Black beast are much bigger...but I d give Joe a decent chance of winning (around 60%) if they were completely untrained

Depends on what he means by untrained, cause there's definitely going to be way more than 50 athletic people not trained in martial arts in the world who could beat him.

Back