Would Derrick Lewis and Ngannou have been among the 50 untrained guys who could beat Joe Rogan?

... if they hadn't discovered MMA and martial arts?

50 worldwide lol, Detroit's hoods alone have tons of Derrick Lewis type of guys fighting in the streets <{cruzshake}>
Joe Rogan gassing himself up from the safe space of a controlled gym. Joe talks like he was a legendary street brawler known for wrecking all comers.

Real talk Joe is a Jean Jacques Machado black belt in BJJ and a black belt under Eddie Bravo in 10th planet Jiu Jitsu. He wrestled in high school. He was ranked 2nd in the US in Tae Kwon do, won loads of tournaments as a black belt. Joe had a few Kickboxing bouts and trained boxing a few years too. As he got older he trained like a mad man with all sorts of athletes, military, UFC fighters, coaches etc you name it.

I know hes a tiny bugger and now he's kinda old and stiff but say when he was 40, I think he melts an untrained 25 year old Derrick Lewis, probably the same goes for N"Gannou.
Every single one a controlled environment with rules.
There are people out here who don’t know what a podcast is that would beat the shit out of Rogan.

Dude its comedy. The guy will take anything he can get to create a fake or not really accurate narrative, always makes me laugh when people take him word for word. The guy says the most outlandish stuff and people are still like no thats not true fucking lol.

Don't know the guy, nor do I care for knowing about him. Seems pretty annoying. Took from that little clip what I could. If i fell for it, so be it.

Don't know the guy, nor do I care for knowing about him. Seems pretty annoying. Took from that little clip what I could. If i fell for it, so be it.
I dont think you have to find him funny or entertaining but i find it really concerning how someone could see his content and think yeah that guy is totally serious hes wrong and heres why. How?

I dont think you have to find him funny or entertaining but i find it really concerning how someone could see his content and think yeah that guy is totally serious hes wrong and heres why. How?
Well, as you might be aware, there was a guy in the white house claiming all kinds of outrageous stuff, being all serious about it. As were his henchmen with youtube shows or podcasts.
Also, I don't know whether the guy just simply holds a grudge against Rogan, and simply shits on him whenever he can, grasping at straws. As I said, I didn't even know the dude was a comedian.

TL;DR: There's all kinds of people claiming all kinds of shit on the internet, for realsies

He was just talking shit in a conversation. Im sure if we would analyze every convo you had in the past year (assuming you have friends) we would find some questionable stuff there too.
Snitching on yourself lol I've never said something that egotistical and delusional in any conversation nor have most people

What qualities do those 50 untrained men who would beat Rogan possess, and why does he think there are only 50 of those?

But you cant tell the difference when someones joking? Grasping at straws is what he does. Making something out of nothing. Theres always some truths in the hyperbole. The guy pretty much shits on everyone including himself. I dont think he has any real hate for the people he makes fun of its just content for him.

I suppose in this case I couldn't. And based on that 3 minute clip, not knowing the dude, I couldn't spot that much sarcasm. But hey, maybe the guy straight-faces it well enough for me to take his core message at face value.

What qualities do those 50 untrained men who would beat Rogan possess, and why does he think there are only 50 of those?

He was probably high as a kite and didn't want to appear truly arrogant by claiming no untrained person could beat him, so just picked a number out of a hat

Exactly, Paul Gallen is a terrible boxer yet took mark hunt to a draw based on having a chin and cardio. He'd wreck Rogan easily, even before he started training boxing

Good God, the same thing over and over again....
Rogan said he could beat untrained people. You try to proof Rogan wrong by saying a fighter could beat him..... if the fighter wasn't a fighter.... Gallens current boxing skills (after years of training and multiple pro fights) are no indication of how he would have done against a trained fighter before acquiring skills.

And don't get mi started on the Hunt vs Gallen fix... Hunt won that fight. The announcer proclaimed Gallen the winner BEFORE EVEN READING ALL SCORE CARDS. Rigged fight

If Hunt fought Gallen before the later started boxing (untrained) Hunt would beaten him even worse than he did. And so would Rogan or anyone who is highly skilled against someone who isnt.

Simple really

Last edited:
Real talk Joe is a Jean Jacques Machado black belt in BJJ and a black belt under Eddie Bravo in 10th planet Jiu Jitsu. He wrestled in high school. He was ranked 2nd in the US in Tae Kwon do, won loads of tournaments as a black belt. Joe had a few Kickboxing bouts and trained boxing a few years too. As he got older he trained like a mad man with all sorts of athletes, military, UFC fighters, coaches etc you name it.

I know hes a tiny bugger and now he's kinda old and stiff but say when he was 40, I think he melts an untrained 25 year old Derrick Lewis, probably the same goes for N"Gannou.

He's also juiced to the gills. And gets the most expensive treatments to heal his body.

Does Joe think he can beat up hafthor bjornsson? Or Brian Shaw?

Or would they be one of the 50 as well

Hafthor is training to fight Eddie. So he doesn't count as untrained anymore. I also wonder how Shaw would react to a bunch, or just one, of Rogan's spinning kicks to his thighs. Dude is a slow lumbering target, no doubt Rogan would be able to land.

There are at least 1000 people in any given major city smaller than Rogan who would maul him easily with no training. Fighting is a mostly natural skill.

You are just simply wrong. There is not a single person on this planet who can fight without any training. Every person with zero training background looks ridiculous when trying to fight. It's bizarre how we are on an MMA forum and this still has to be explained to so many people.

He's also juiced to the gills. And gets the most expensive treatments to heal his body.

I seriously think people underestimate how far skill and experience will take you. When Luke Thomas whos a 6'5 270lb Marine that has years of experience in combat sports says Mighty Mouse would kill him in a fight, maybe theres some hyperbole but not that much. GSP was easily outwrestling a Hockey player that was 6'5 260, Marcelo Garcia tossed around Arlovski in BJJ. A guy like Igor who was what, 5'8? Knocked out dudes like Big Gary Goodridge and Mark motherfucking Kerr. By the way to the doublers, theres videos of all of this online to check out.

In my personal experience when I was 190 albeit 5'11 in height with a 74in reach (so not quite the manlet Rogan is) I would roll, wrestle and spar with amateur heavyweights and guys who came in to train ranging from my weight 180-190 all the way to 300lbs...I almost never gave up a round or a takedown and I was 18-20 at the time. At 275 out of shape getting back into things at 26, pros and high level amateurs (ranked with good records) who were 160-180lbs gave me fits...I couldn't keep up, they could get under my hips, as long as they kept me out of side control they were constantly looking for scrambles and getting back up to their feet, attacking, looking for sweeps etc.

Rogans old now and theres some limitation to height disparity...I guess but Ive sparred with 6'10 former pro basketball players ane done fine. Granted they only had usually 6-12 months experience boxing and the size is definitely intimidating. Just still being a black belt under Machado and Eddie Bravo, the baseline definition of a BJJ blue belt is "The ability to defeat a man bigger and stronger than you who is not trained". Also Rogan had kickboxing bouts, some wrestling experience (but really at a black belt level in BJJ you learn some wrestling and judo techniques along the ways and become quite effective at them) so being a near Olympic caliber Tae Kwon Do practitioner who has been training in combatants and martial arts for 45 years...In an open field or an empty parking lot, hes crushing Derrick Lewis or N'Gannou if they had never trained in anything.

Back