would cole konrad have won a UFC title?

Just because its not popular where you live doesn't mean its not a great sport.
In Croatia wrestling is also very meaningless almost,but i can see every beauty of it and follow it whenever i can.
I appreciate it when I see it, but is it is ‘something I should watch’ as if it is a top tier sport for my country?

no. It is not. So I never bother with it.

Because it’s provided many of MMA’s most decorated champs, IF you followed MMA back in 08-10 you know what a HUGE prospect Konrad was, and he delivered. For some Reason the UFC blacklisted him.... probably why the Heavyweight division is such a JOKE now.

They opted to sign random brawlers off the street and market them as legit athletes instead of paying legit talent.

IIRC he didn't get blacklisted, he just got a good job offer and chose to take it rather than compete in MMA.

Difficult to say how good he could have been, he comfortably beat everyone he faced, but the best guy he faced was probably Paul Buentello or Damian Grabowski.

Brock said something along the lines of cole was the only guy to muscle him around in wrestling. Dude was strong as fuck

Yea Cole was a giant blanket. He had a few sub wins also

I think prime jds and cain beat him, maybe carwin too. But he was legit

kindof. ive stopped following smaller orgs for a while now. since the strikeforce purchase really.

ill watch the legends and ex ufc fighters who i like in bellator but i definitely wouldnt watch fighters i dont know/dont care about.
At least you admit that you aren't an actual fan of MMA, but more casual interested in the known names to you. Wish more could admit that.

He would have had as a good of a chance as anyone I suppose. Quit on top and moved on to a different career though, so good for him.

No, he was a one-dimensional fighter with no standup and not an athletic freak like Brock.

At least you admit that you aren't an actual fan of MMA, but more casual interested in the known names to you. Wish more could admit that.
I turned casual a while ago.

starting to lose interest in this sport tbh. Def with the ufc. I used to watch all the fights, but now just watch the fights I want to see. Been like that for the last two years really.

I think he could've hit a win streak to a title, but I don't think he'd hold onto it for long.

Around here if you don't know every single person to put gloves on, you're stupid.
<Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo><45>

lmao it be like that some times with the real hardcores.

bit pathetic imo.

The sport holds near to no meaning here buds.

You in australia? Yeah I get that. Still if you took the time to watch it you’d probably learn to enjoy it. I’m from Canada, don’t have any school to cheer for yet I watch NCAA wrestling all the time.

IDK. He entered MMA out of shape from what he seemed it like. Obliviously he came from a high level wrestling background. My only question is: Was it enough to be on top in the UFC at heavy weight alone?

If we used Lesnar as an example he signed with the UFC in shape. He fought Mir and lost BUT he looked great up until to that point even with his weak striking fundamentals. Fast /light on the feet. Great cardio. Good wrestling transitions.

Cole was another one of those dudes like Cholish where it was like, I can make good money with my day job and not have to worry about getting my face punched. Gotta respect that.

konrad fought at a time where the Bellator checks were pretty low I guess. Had he been champ now, it might have been different.

You in australia? Yeah I get that. Still if you took the time to watch it you’d probably learn to enjoy it. I’m from Canada, don’t have any school to cheer for yet I watch NCAA wrestling all the time.
yeah sydney australia.

i grew up playing cricket and rugby union my whole life.

i just find it hard to get into wrestling since ive had near to no exposure to it. romero is one of my fav fighters and he meddled in sydney olympics 20 years ago but i havent even bothered to watch his wrestling matches.

I'm not sure if he'd become a champ or not but I'm confident in saying he'd be on a short list of top contenders at worst. He was winning fights without even using his wrestling on occasions and was learning the game stupid fast. MMA was just easy for him, and Bellator unfortunately didn't give him the challenge he needed. He got himself a good gig as a milk man defense dairy assets lawyer or whatever and called it a day. I would've loved to have seen him against higher level opposition. He beat some decent guys in Bellator, but I'll always wonder how far he could have made it. Another guy I wonder about to a lesser degree is Mocco, but Mocco seemingly just didn't quite translate to MMA as well as Konrad for some reason, which is funny as I'd have envisioned the opposite of that to be so.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great wrestler so the answer is yes, he potentially could have won the WWE heavyweight title.

If you follow Collegiate wrestling at the highest level, you know what a BEAST Cole Konrad is... 2x NCAA champ and Pan Am gold medalist. He wrestled at Minnesota(where Brock did) and left wrestling to pursue MMA when Brock brought him in as a training partner.

(Side note: He’s also a reason Cain never became a NCAA champ...

A 6’5 285lbs BEAST who’s unique style comes from the fact that he wrestles like a little guy, dude doesn’t rely on size or strength but rather fights for every arm drag, wrist control, pummel, collar tie, etc.)

He fought most of his fights in Bellator before the UFC essentially “Askren’ed” him because of his grinding wrestling style. Retired undefeated at 9-0.

He’s not as gifted of an athlete as Brock, BUT his skill level is on another level and his endurance for a HW is off the charts.

Him and Mocco back in the day were such an awesome rivalry.

Back