would cole konrad have won a UFC title?

WHY WOULD I BOTHER TO FOLLOW COLLEGIATE WRESTLING???

Because it’s provided many of MMA’s most decorated champs, IF you followed MMA back in 08-10 you know what a HUGE prospect Konrad was, and he delivered. For some Reason the UFC blacklisted him.... probably why the Heavyweight division is such a JOKE now.

They opted to sign random brawlers off the street and market them as legit athletes instead of paying legit talent.

Because it’s provided many of MMA’s most decorated champs, IF you followed MMA back in 08-10 you know what a HUGE prospect Konrad was, and he delivered. For some Reason the UFC blacklisted him.... probably why the Heavyweight division is such a JOKE now.

They opted to sign random brawlers off the street and market them as legit athletes instead of paying legit talent.
It’s not a proper sport in Australia, I wouldn’t bother following it.

Once the fighters I watch have their credentials mentioned or talked about that is when I know what they are.

I’ve never heard of cole and never watched him fight so I wouldn’t know what his creds are.

Dana White's blood would be boiling trying to market someone that looks like this. He will probably make him wear a shirt too

colekonrad_display_image.jpg

I was disappointed when he retired. He looked pretty hard to stop, but he also was a bit too overweight. Did he even make 265? He looked 330.

Probably. He was a freakishly good wrestler. And in a couple of his fights he actually looked semi relaxed with quick reactions standing up. There were tons of rumors that he regularly bested Brock in training.

I was disappointed when he retired. He looked pretty hard to stop, but he also was a bit too overweight. Did he even make 265? He looked 330.

he wrestled at 285, but for his mma fights made the cut to 265. for a guy that big he could probably cut a lot. maybe 290 in the cage.

Probably top 5ish, don't think he'd have been a champ.

He'd have definitely been a factor. He was quite athletic despite what his frame would suggest, and didn't necessarily have the worst striking instincts and ability even if it was really underdeveloped. In such an incredibly shallow division, he could have won the title if he peaked at the right time. I doubt he would ever hold it long, though.

Sounds like a less exciting Lashley. Glad he never made it around
Who's that other no name wrestler turned Bellator? Smug smirk all the time, just wants to lay on ground and hug guys

Jack Swagger lol

His stand up wasn't good enough to be a long time champ. He would have been top 5 in the UFC easily though.

because it’s a great sport?
Fucking lol.

that ‘GREAT’ sport you mention isn’t even a 10th string sport here.

learn the market then try to praise what you are pushing.

Fucking lol.

that ‘GREAT’ sport you mention isn’t even a 10th string sport here.

learn the market then try to praise what you are pushing.
Just because its not popular where you live doesn't mean its not a great sport.
In Croatia wrestling is also very meaningless almost,but i can see every beauty of it and follow it whenever i can.

I feel like the talent and credentials were there but even though he was dominant his performances were pretty underwhelming even against subpar opponents

dude looks absolutely enormous now. that is the first time i've ever seen a jiu jitsu gi look tight on someone and the first time that i seen a gi that barely even close around a person.
polar.jpg

Back