would cole konrad have won a UFC title?

wearetheromans

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
retired undefeated, absolutely gargantuan in size and with a better wrestling pedigree than bork laser. his fighting style was very boring but effective and his flabby body may have turned off sherbros.

in 2010 when konrad was prime, the hw title was passed around between bork, carwin and mir.

his wrestling is better than bork so i don't see any avenue for laser to win that fight. he's mir's worst nightmare and would have absolutely destroyed him via titty smother.

carwin always had that incredible power, but if he can last the first round i can see him tapping shane out once he gasses.

i dont know who he is, but i doubt it.

Idk about championship but the way the heavyweight is looking their are and were definitely great matchups for him

Sad he retired because being a milkman paid better.

He would've done very well but he was a HW Askren at the end of the day and probably gets slaughtered by bad matchups like Cain.

He’s only 35 with few MMA miles which is considered young for HW.

And look at the HW division now, who would stop him? Derrick “Can’t stop a takedown” Lewis? The Windmilling Ugandan with a one round gas tank? Curtis “HS Wrestling Pedigree” Blaydes? LOL

cole-konrad-3.jpg

Sounds like a less exciting Lashley. Glad he never made it around
Who's that other no name wrestler turned Bellator? Smug smirk all the time, just wants to lay on ground and hug guys

i dont know who he is, but i doubt it.

This is the second most absurd thing you’ve said on Sherdog this week... first you essentially call Douglass Lima a bum, NOW you don’t even know who Cole Konrad is?

How do you rack up 24k posts on Sherdog and you don’t know a thing about MMA???

<KingstonFrown>

This is the second most absurd thing you’ve said on Sherdog this week... first you essentially call Douglass Lima a bum, NOW you don’t even know who Cole Konrad is?

How do you rack up 24k posts on Sherdog and you don’t know a thing about MMA???

<KingstonFrown>
i honestly dont know who he is.

so ts said he was a wrestler?

why would i know people who wrestle if they are not in the lime light? i dont follow that bum sport.

lashley sucked though. people at deathclutch used to say that konrad would get the better of brok in training.
He was a drag to watch. Why would you drink that much orange juice to lay on top of people?

I've never heard the guys name before. Don't feel bad. Thought it was another Conor thread

why would i know people who wrestle if they are not in the lime light? i dont follow that bum sport.

he was bellator hw champ. i don't understand how you can have joined in 2011 and never heard of him. do you purposely avoid anything that isnt "DA UFC"

I legit thought he was the next "big thing" at HW, and even after he stopped fighting, id still ask around about him, hoping he was possibly coming back. Back then he would've been Champ, and if he came back today, I still think he can be Champ.. if he has been training still and working on his striking skill sets.

he was bellator hw champ. i don't understand how you can have joined in 2011 and never heard of him. do you purposely avoid anything that isnt "DA UFC"
kindof. ive stopped following smaller orgs for a while now. since the strikeforce purchase really.

ill watch the legends and ex ufc fighters who i like in bellator but i definitely wouldnt watch fighters i dont know/dont care about.

According to Paul Berry, the guy who was the opponent in Stipe's second pro fight, he wasn't the first choice for it: "Stipe was supposed to fight Cole Konrad, the wrestler, then that fell through." I sometimes wonder what would have happened had it gone off...

If HW then yes. That division is a shit show.

If you follow Collegiate wrestling at the highest level, you know what a BEAST Cole Konrad is... 2x NCAA champ and Pan Am gold medalist. He wrestled at Minnesota(where Brock did) and left wrestling to pursue MMA when Brock brought him in as a training partner.

(Side note: He’s also a reason Cain never became a NCAA champ...

A 6’5 285lbs BEAST who’s unique style comes from the fact that he wrestles like a little guy, dude doesn’t rely on size or strength but rather fights for every arm drag, wrist control, pummel, collar tie, etc.)

He fought most of his fights in Bellator before the UFC essentially “Askren’ed” him because of his grinding wrestling style. Retired undefeated at 9-0.

He’s not as gifted of an athlete as Brock, BUT his skill level is on another level and his endurance for a HW is off the charts.

If you follow Collegiate wrestling at the highest level, you know what a BEAST Cole Konrad is... 2x NCAA champ and Pan Am gold medalist. He wrestled at Minnesota(where Brock did) and left wrestling to pursue MMA when Brock brought him in as a training partner. (Side note: He’s also a reason Cain never became a NCAA champ)

A 6’5 285lbs BEAST who’s unique style comes from the fact that he wrestles like a little guy, dude doesn’t rely on size or strength but rather fights for every arm drag, wrist control, pummel, collar tie, etc.

He fought most of his fights in Bellator before the UFC essentially “Askren’ed” him because of his grinding wrestling style. Retired undefeated at 9-0.

He’s not as gifted of an athlete as Brock, BUT his skill level is on another level and his endurance for a HW is off the charts.

WHY WOULD I BOTHER TO FOLLOW COLLEGIATE WRESTLING???

Back