Would Cain crumble if Jon didnt submit to his Alpha?

Fedor2000

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Jon stated DC is known to Give up if you don't submit to his Alpha.. So since Cain likes to dictate the pace and he dominates rounds. Would Cain give up if Jon didn't submit to his Alpha?

Jones would have to force his fight upon Cain. The only time it happened is in the JDS 1 fight. Cain tried to have a kickboxing match with JDS and it did not end well. I think Jones would win, if he was able to do that.

But I am not sure Cain would let something like that happen against any fight, active or retired.

Jones would have to force his fight upon Cain. The only time it happened is in the JDS 1 fight. Cain tried to have a kickboxing match with JDS and it did not end well. I think Jones would win, if he was able to do that.

But I am not sure Cain would let something like that happen against any fight, active or retired.

At this point, I don't know.
I mean, I thought Cain could do what he did to Junior to anyone.
That included Jon. And I was 10000% sure.

But the way Jon dominated and pushed DC against the cage? That sure opened my eyes.

Cain might be able to dominate. But now I am convinced this would not be as easy as people thought!

But the way Jon dominated and pushed DC against the cage? That sure opened my eyes.

Cain might be able to dominate. But now I am convinced this would not be as easy as people thought!

All of this.

Cain is a better fighter than DC. That's the truth. But the way Jon handled DC is absurd. It shouldn't have down like that. As impossible as it is, we all may have underestimated Jon Jones.

The Cain vs. Jones fight can easily go either way. Cain has never fought anyone nearly as well rounded and creative as Jones. Most HW's do not do well if they do not dominate the first 2 rounds or get a stoppage. Jones can easily take them into deep waters. On the other hand, Cain's strength (due to size advantage) and the combination of persistence and cardio is not something Jones is used to.

DC is a great fighter but he had a LOT of favorable matchups in MMA. Bigfoot is the only fighter, besides Jones, who has both good striking and grappling that DC has faced. But Bigfoot does not seem to have a great fighting IQ (he expected a pure wrestler) and is very slow, so that worked out well for DC.

would LOVE to see this fight considering i hate jon jones and i think cain may be the only person who can actually take him. that being said i think all of you jones fans who believe jon stands a chance here will be in for a rude, shocking awakening. i could be wrong, i thought DC was gonna be able to pull it off, but i bet either cain or JDS would be able to teach jon a thing or two.

I would pick Cain to win, but why anyone thinks beating Jon Jones in a fight would be easy is beyond me.

Yes, it is a bad tape because Cain dominated JDS II but you have to look closely. When JDS was stuffing a couple of Cains early takedowns, he kind was was visibly shaken and upset. Eventually the takedowns worked but early on he was concerned. Cain is used to being the agressor and leaning on guys, he tired JDS out with clinch and cage walling. Jones vs Cain might be the first fight his opposition leans back with that clinch work. I'm not 100% sure Jones couldn't stuff his takedowns and make it go his way. I know Cain is relentless but he has never had a guy lean back to challenge him. Jones can do that.

When was Cormier ever known to break in a fight, I can't think of a time i ever seen him lose a round.

When was Cormier ever known to break in a fight, I can't think of a time i ever seen him lose a round.

That was a Jon Jones quote.. Maybe he heard some stuff from the Wrestling community. DC kinda gave in during the 4th round against Jon.

Yes, it is a bad tape because Cain dominated JDS II but you have to look closely. When JDS was stuffing a couple of Cains early takedowns, he kind was was visibly shaken and upset. Eventually the takedowns worked but early on he was concerned. Cain is used to being the agressor and leaning on guys, he tired JDS out with clinch and cage walling. Jones vs Cain might be the first fight his opposition leans back with that clinch work. I'm not 100% sure Jones couldn't stuff his takedowns and make it go his way. I know Cain is relentless but he has never had a guy lean back to challenge him. Jones can do that.

Sure, Jones can lean back on him, but it would be better for Jones to get Velasquez to the mat sooner rather than later. That way he may be able to do something once he does get him down. Jones was able to wear down Cormier through takedown defense and damage delivered. Velasquez is taller, heavier, and better conditioned then Cormier.

Can Jones finish Velasquez with strikes? I'm not certain. He definitely could land a flashy strike or a counter strike with enough force to stumble Velasquez. However, I don't think Velasquez would get caught by something like that. Velasquez would press Jones similar to the way Cormier did and eliminate the spacing required to land something like that. Jones' traditional striking hasnt yielded a single strike finish yet so I don't think it would start with Velasquez.

Very intriguing fight any way you look at it. I would be interested to see what Velasquez would do when he doesn't get Jones down. Does he keep it close, does he press jones into the cage, does he strike with the striker, does he continue to grind for the takedown?

Last edited:

He didn't start bullying Cormier until he was tired though. The first three rounds were very competitive,

Cain and Giving in really don't belong in the same sentence. The guy is flat out scary in the Octagon but after seeing Jon handle DC while having a coke problem is mind boggling. The guy is a special talent.. If Jon stops the drugs and adds mass.. Well I hate to say this but he might be a problem for Cain. I would still be rooting like hell for Cain.. I admire the way he carries himself. He's also a special talent. I hope this Super fight gets made sooner than later.

Cain wouldn't crumble.

He'd be broken down into a fine powder and snorted.

He might not submit to his alpha, but I do think he would succumb to his cardio.

No - Cain doesn't give in. He does not yield. And he will not stop, ever, until you are dead. Cain would unleash the savagery. He's a different animal from Cormier.

Back