Would Cain crumble if Jon didnt submit to his Alpha?

He is mentally stronger than cormier.

DC has overcome far more shit in his life than Cain and is captain of AKA for a reason.
He's also Cain's wrestling coach and wrestling emphasizes mental toughness.

You'd have to give it to DC here.

Also i see Jones finishing Cain at HW simply because he has more tools and a HW Jones knees and spinning attacks would be far more vicious.

I also cannot emphasize enough that Jones and Cain will have the same cardio at HW.
This is because Jones won't have to cut weight anymore and will come into the fight undrained.

Still regardless of who wins i salivate over this fight,

DC has overcome far more shit in his life than Cain and is captain of AKA for a reason.
He's also Cain's wrestling coach and wrestling emphasizes mental toughness.

You'd have to give it to DC here.

Also i see Jones finishing Cain at HW simply because he has more tools and a HW Jones knees and spinning attacks would be far more vicious.

I also cannot emphasize enough that Jones and Cain will have the same cardio at HW.
This is because Jones won't have to cut weight anymore and will come into the fight undrained.

Still regardless of who wins i salivate over this fight,

Yeah, Yeah.. Meanwhile Jones is in rehab for a coke addiction and Cain is trying to overcome an injury. Jones will cut weight for his next fight and Cain will come in @ 240 flat and fight the big boys! Jones fan boys have more confidence in him than Jones himself.

Yeah, Yeah.. Meanwhile Jones is in rehab for a coke addiction and Cain is trying to overcome an injury. Jones will cut weight for his next fight and Cain will come in @ 240 flat and fight the big boys! Jones fan boys have more confidence in him than Jones himself.

I said "regardless who wins". I see Jones winning but won't be surprised if Cain wins. I'm a Jones fight fan. I don't make my assertion's based on my personal likes/dislikes.

Also Jones has tremendous self belief if you've noticed.

I doubt he'd crumble, but Cormier didn't exactly crumble either.

I don't think it'd be like JDS 2 + 3 either. First few rounds would be very competitive, and whoever is able to make their opponent work more would take over in the championship rounds.

I said "regardless who wins". I see Jones winning but won't be surprised if Cain wins. I'm a Jones fight fan. I don't make my assertion's based on my personal likes/dislikes.

Also Jones has tremendous self belief if you've noticed.

Jones is a special fighter, no doubt about that.. But if he believed he could be the baddest man on the planet he wouldn't cut weight! I believe Cain could make 205 If he wanted but he has a different mentality than Jon.. He wants to hold the HW strap. Dude, look at the size difference between Cain and Brock when they fought.. Cain and Bigfoot! :) Cain wants the keys to the house and Jon cuts weight to fight smaller framed guys. Im just being real..

Idk, but I think this fight would be closer than I originally imagined.

Jones would have to force his fight upon Cain. The only time it happened is in the JDS 1 fight. Cain tried to have a kickboxing match with JDS and it did not end well. I think Jones would win, if he was able to do that.

But I am not sure Cain would let something like that happen against any fight, active or retired.

But the thing is that Cain LET JDS fight his fight. JDS didn't neutralize Cain's game and make it into his own, Cain just gave it to him. Once Cain fought his fight in the second and third fight, we saw what happened. JDS couldn't stop it.

I think the only fighter to have ever come forward and pushed Cain was Brock Lesnar. Brock was the aggressor in that fight until Cain took him down and Brock was like full FRATE TRAIN MODE. Dude came out and charged at Cain with flying knees followed by 50 knees to the body and Cain didn't wilt under pressure. He fired back as if all it did was make him angrier.

By a significant margin, I'm more confident in Cain beating Jon after seeing his fight against DC. Whenever Cormier fought like Cain, he had success. However, I only thought Cain would be a slight favourite to begin with, now I think he's clearly favoured. Still not in any way an easy fight. Jones is a monster.

Jones would have to force his fight upon Cain. The only time it happened is in the JDS 1 fight. Cain tried to have a kickboxing match with JDS and it did not end well. I think Jones would win, if he was able to do that.

But I am not sure Cain would let something like that happen against any fight, active or retired.

That fight lasted one minute and both fighters landed a total of 9 head strikes. Jones doesn't have the power to KO Cain like that, it's really not a relevant comparison.

Gus didn't submit to JBJ's alpha, and he arguably won the fight.

So, the same is true in reverse.

We will probably never know
Sadly this. The ufc wastes all their time on stupid rematches and their champs cherry pick their opponents, and super fights, if they ever happen at all, are way too late.

I don't think so.
Cain is mentally stronger than DC and way more relentless.
He is also bigger with longer reach.. I don't see Jones being able to lean on him like he did on DC in the clinch phases to tire him and make him support his bodyweight..

JBJ could probably take Cain down, but I can't see him controlling Cain on the mat.
Cain has better kicks than DC, and also more power than a 205 DC in his boxing...

I think it would be quite the opposite in fact, with Cain breaking Jones's alpha and his mind by waves relentless assaults..

I don't think so.
Cain is mentally stronger than DC and way more relentless.
He is also bigger with longer reach.. I don't see Jones being able to lean on him like he did on DC in the clinch phases to tire him and make him support his bodyweight..

JBJ could probably take Cain down, but I can't see him controlling Cain on the mat.
Cain has better kicks than DC, and also more power than a 205 DC in his boxing...

I think it would be quite the opposite in fact, with Cain breaking Jones's alpha and his mind by waves relentless assaults..

Dude you didn't read my thread title right.. That or I don't make sense. What I meant was if Jon puts up a strong resistance and doesn't allow Cain to steam roll him like he's done to everyone he's fought. Besides Cains lone defeat he hasn't lost a round. He hunts his opponents. He doesn't give them a glimmer of hope.

Sometimes sherdog reads like a bdsm forum. Wow lol

Well, Cain would take the fight a lot quicker. Jackson's/Jones would delay, have all sorts of reasons why the fight shouldn't happened, obfuscate etc

If he is modeling his career after Silvas, that involves being larger than your opponent & not fighting people who have no fear/can actually *beat* you.

Imagine what would happen if Cain fought LHW/MWs. No more decisions, they would all be bloody smears on the floor. If any did manage to survive they would look like Nog, post-Fedor.

Jones feels he is invincible(even more now with his Pre-workout supplements) & I hope he makes the mistake of fighting people closer to his own size.

Back