Would BJ still be LW champ?

I think BJ would still be competitive at 155, but there are top guys who would wipe the floor with him, namely Bendo.

Now that I think about it, I think Benson Henderson would beat BJ at LW and WW. Thoughts?

Agreed and agreed. Also, Edgar is just a bad matchup for Penn at 155. The things that Penn does well (boxing, BJJ top game) won't work against Edgar because Frankie's a better boxer and BJ isn't putting him and/or keeping him on his back any time soon.

ok, so are you asking if BJ would still be champ or would Edgar get a rematch if he lost the first fight?

you say you're not suggesting that BJ won the first fight but I think you are

Both really. It was close so BJ getting the nod wouldnt of been out of the question. I couldnt think of anyone who'd had an immediate title rematch but someone pointed out Machida-Shogun. I think personally that BJs title defence was coming to an end Edgar or no Edgar, so asking other peoples opinion. Sorry, maybe OP wasnt very well written.

Edit: You already answered. My bad.

IDK if he would be champ, but I think he matches up real well with Benson, BJ drop back down to LW please!

Both really. It was close so BJ getting the nod wouldnt of been out of the question. I couldnt think of anyone who'd had an immediate title rematch but someone pointed out Machida-Shogun. I think personally that BJs title defence was coming to an end Edgar or no Edgar, so asking other peoples opinion. Sorry, maybe OP wasnt very well written.

Ok so go back to page two, my response is there. tell me if you agree

BJ would not be LW champ even if he never left the division.

Ok so go back to page two, my response is there. tell me if you agree

Sorry did edit. Yes I agree. Seems to be the common answer aswell, which is obviously the point of this thread :D

it's funny really. Edgar, Henderson 2 was a hell of a lot closer than BJ, Edgar 1 IMO. However, only a fraction of Sherdoggers were pissed about that as they were with Bj, Edgar 1.

Penn has very loyal fans. Obviously for a reason though.

If burritos never existed, who knows what BJ could've done. One can only guess...

I don't think that BJ would be an LW champ regardless of how motivated or in prime he was. The competition is a lot tougher now.

it's funny really. Edgar, Henderson 2 was a hell of a lot closer than BJ, Edgar 1 IMO. However, only a fraction of Sherdoggers were pissed about that as they were with Bj, Edgar 1.

Penn has very loyal fans. Obviously for a reason though.

Yeah I thought Egdar beat benson in the rematch. I also think BJ beat Edgar. Hence all the what would happen if's swirling round my head lol

As much as I love BJ, Bendo would wreck BJ but, I think he would still do very well at 155.

NO, Bj can't compete at any weight class in the UFC.

He was overrated his entire career.

If BJ trained like he did against Diego and Kenny when he could go 5 rounds, I think he could take any LW, the problem is that he never seems to train that hard.

Back