Worst Game You've Paid Full Price For ($50-$60)

Also to TS

All gaming mags will hype up a game in previews. They will rarely say anything bad about the game and just highlight the awesomeness.

When the review comes they'll tell you if it sucked or not.

I remember Gamepro poked fun at themselves during their LamePro April fools issue for that same shit.

More hyperbolic nonsense. Nobody is "praising this game from the heavens," you mook. People are saying they didn't think it was as bad as you're making it out to be.

I directly quoting reviews from a link that some else posted as saying 'It's not as bad as you're making it out to be.' Read them again, someone even described it as an amazing RPG, it's unquestionable that they're saying it's an amazing game.

You then dismissed everyone's opinion by saying "No, it's bad." You were then presented with aggregate scores for the game, and make up some nonsense about corrupt journalism because it flat out proved you wrong.

Read the reviews, and tell me they're right and I'm wrong.

You didn't like the game? That's perfectly fine. But when you want to invalidate someone else's opinion, you should come with a little more than generic buzz words.

Like 'hyperbolic nonsense?'

Get back to us after reading the reviews.

Also to TS

All gaming mags will hype up a game in previews. They will rarely say anything bad about the game and just highlight the awesomeness.

When the review comes they'll tell you if it sucked or not.

I remember Gamepro poked fun at themselves during their LamePro April fools issue for that same shit.

I get that, but the thing is every gaming publication recieved review copies before games are released. And if they don't, that's a big red flag for how high quality the game is going to be, if they don't want reviews of it to be out when it's released.

For a gaming publication to have such a huge preview for a release, and not have review copies sent out to them prior to the game's release.... they should, at the very least, inform their readers of this.

And when the gaming publication fails to do so, and on top of that, finally reviews the game two months later.... that is highly suspicious, to say the least.

I directly quoting reviews from a link that some else posted as saying 'It's not as bad as you're making it out to be.' Read them again, someone even described it as an amazing RPG, it's unquestionable that they're saying it's an amazing game.

Read the reviews, and tell me they're right and I'm wrong.

Like 'hyperbolic nonsense?'

Get back to us after reading the reviews.

Dat Fox News spin

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/enter-the-matrix

62 reviewer score and 7.4 user score.

That's not a bad game. You're wrong.

And hyperbolic nonsense is a buzz word? Lol

I get that, but the thing is every gaming publication recieved review copies before games are released. And if they don't, that's a big red flag for how high quality the game is going to be, if they don't want reviews of it to be out when it's released.

For a gaming publication to have such a huge preview for a release, and not have review copies sent out to them prior to the game's release.... they should, at the very least, inform their readers of this.

And when the gaming publication fails to do so, and on top of that, finally reviews the game two months later.... that is highly suspicious, to say the least.

I mean they're not going to call out the companies on that because obviously they want those exclusive previews. I remember EGM had a huge Too Human preview. Supposed to revolutionize games. Lol that didn't turn out well.

I bought the new Thief game before the real reviews came out, I think I bought it on a preorder sale for 10% off on Steam. IMO that game sucked and I didn't even play it long before I realized I should stop wasting my free time on it.
header.jpg

I also bought the new Godzilla game on PS4, which pretty much sucks but I do get enjoyment out of it because I like Godzilla movies
Godzilla_2015_game_cover_PS4.jpg

lol Angry Joes and Yahtzee's review on it are legendary. Could be the worst game of 2015.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/10286-Godzilla-Review

Dat Fox News spin

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/enter-the-matrix

62 reviewer score and 7.4 user score.

That's not a bad game. You're wrong.

And hyperbolic nonsense is a buzz word? Lol

You're the type of gullible gamer that IGN caters to. Read the actual review scores, and what people are saying in the user-reviews. It's like the early version of joke reviews on Steam.

It's a bad game. You're too stubborn to realize you're wrong, and you've been wrong for 12 years.

Back in my day moment for me. When I was growing up they didn't even really have a secondary market yet and there were almost never sales. And in the super nintendo era games were $70, and no internet to quickly check aggregate review scores to weed out crap games.

I don't really count the years when my parents paid for games, and I was incredibly spoiled. I even owned expensive niche systems like Neo Geo and 3DO. Were Fatal Fury, King of Fighters, Samurai Showdown, etc. worth $200 each? Hell no, but it wasn't coming out of my pocket. :icon_chee

You're the type of gullible gamer that IGN caters to. Read the actual review scores, and what people are saying in the user-reviews. It's like the early version of joke reviews on Steam.

It's a bad game. You're too stubborn to realize you're wrong, and you've been wrong for 12 years.

Lol, you don't understand what an aggregate is, do you?

You're even outnumbered in your own thread against people who enjoyed the game.

You're such a clown.

When I was younger I used to "collect" games. I don't mean buy any game but I would buy niche games by certain developers or publishers , or maybe certain genres thinking "one day I'll play this!" Well years later I haven't played any of them and I've got them all on roms anyway.

But recently evolve is the biggest disappointment I've bought full price for.

Seriously, ETM wasn't that bad. The combat system was fun as hell. Slowing down time, running up walls, the enviroments were bland and the story was meh but it was fun as hell to play.

I wish they had expanded on the hacking.

Saga Frontier. I had just finished FFVII and between that and the Square RPGs I played on the SNES I assumed they could do no wrong.

Inspired by the 'Worst Movie You've Ever Seen' in Mayberry, we've all played bad games. But if we rent, borrow, or buy them for cheap, it's far less offensive than laying out some big cash on a game that completely sucks.

So, which game was the worst you paid full price for?

I freaking loved 'The Matrix.'

I even loved 'The Matrix Reloaded.'

So, released on the same day as Reloaded, imagine my complete amazement when this piece of shit was of the quality it was. Yes, 'Enter The Matrix' is absolutely the worst game I've ever played, and paid full price to play on Day 1 of it's release.

It also was a betrayal to me from EGM, my favorite gaming publication that had a huge preview (14 or 16 pages long, and the cover) a few months before it's release, detailing what an awesome game it was undoubtedly going to be. Not only did EGM convieniently not have a review for it in the issue of the month's before it's release, they didn't have a review in the next issue either. But finally, two months after it's release, EGM has reviews that average out to be 5/10.

But those reviews revealed what we gamers knew on Day1, that his game was a steaming pile of shit. Not worth spending $0.99 on a steam sale, or your own time attempting to have fun in the buggiest and most incomplete console game I've ever played.

At least this game was a preview for the dissapointment of 'The Matrix Revolutions.'

Anyway, what's yours?

Lol at not understanding previews

Count me in the Duke Nukem Forever group. Cant believe I was so fucking dumb to do that.

Also, I bought Arkham Knight on PC but its not the game was bad it was just broken. Thank god for Steam refunds. Same goes for Fable Anniversary, which I bought on release but was broken. Unfortunately, no refund on that one :(

There was a terrible mortal kombat game for game boy advance or gameboy color that was basically unplayable. Anyone know which one ? I can't remember which it was. I was so exited to play mk on the go. I think I played it once

Master of Orion 3 for the PC back in 2003. It was just horribly disappointing compared to the first two.

Back