Worst ever musical genre, best musical genre, current fav musical genre.

Genki Sudo II

Blue Steel Ferrari Le Tigre They're The Same Face!
Banned
Reaction score
Worst:
Contemporary country - please shoot me
Westernized Ska - an abomination (reel big fish, cherry poppin daddies, m.m. bostones)
Emo/Screamo - ditto (Hawthorne heights, MCR, Fall Out Boy)

Best:
80s new wave movement (synth and post punk) |the cure, David Bowie, Omd, the clash|
Indie (psychedelic) folk pop/rock (fleet foxes, the nationals, grizzly bear, mgmt, arcade fire)
Post punk revival (The Strokes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, white stripes)

Current fav
90s brit pop (spiritualized, the verve)
Chill wave (wild nothings, washed out, Beach house)
Chill step (Blackmill, Mt Eden)

Name yours.

Last edited:
Worst: RnB

Best: Metal

Current Fav: Chill out/Synthwave

it depends on my mood. most can be great. i might sound like a geezer, but one of my favorite genres of music is smooth jazz-fusion stuff like al di meola. jazzy-prog music like king crimson and gordian knot is another favorite. death and black metal as well. can't forget dark ambient like tangerine dream and non-metal burzum stuff.

genres i usually can't listen to is noise, like merzbow if some of you know what i mean. a lot of country is just awful. it's just cheesy and whiny. the same with a lot of indie bands. overly pretentious with bad musicianship.

i hate: country, a lot of pop, and death metal

i like: classic rock, some rap/hip hop, some heavier rock ,and alternative rock

Worst: yah, I'll go with contemporary country

Best: instrumental jazz. No stupid singing, just musicians getting time to express their minds.

Current favorite: listening to a lot of the heavy metal that was big when I was a teenager. High shit-percentage.
Metal is a genre that, although I love the guitars, is usually too packed with extraneous garbage for me to like a band/albums consistently.

it depends on my mood. most can be great.

genres i usually can't listen to is noise, like merzbow if some of you know what i mean. a lot of country is just awful. it's just cheesy and whiny. the same with a lot of indie bands. overly pretentious with bad musicianship.

Agreed. I can find something from any genre that sounds nice to my ears.

Noise/drone is garbage. Sunn-o and Boris, along with stuff like Merzbow. I just don't like it.

I don't know what the best is, but Doo Wop is the fucking worst.

Worst:
Contemporary country - please shoot me
Westernized Ska - an abomination (reel big fish, cherry poppin daddies, m.m. bostones)
Emo/Screamo - ditto (Hawthorne heights, MCR, Fall Out Boy)

Best:
80s new wave movement (synth and post punk) |the cure, David Bowie,Omd|
Indie (psychedelic) folk pop/rock (fleet foxes, the nationals, grizzly bear, mgmt, arcade fire)
Post punk revival (The Strokes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, white stripes)

Current fav
90s brit pop (spiritualized, the verve)
Chill wave (wild nothings, washed out, Beach house)
Chill step (Blackmill, Mt Eden)

Name yours.

Genki, I love post punk, new wave/punk. And all the other quasi genres that had that sound.

Talking Heads, Cheap Trick, Devo (first album is great), the Cars , Joy Division, The Police, Gang Of Four.

Every genre is 90% shit, and you can find the 10% in any genre that is amazing, but for me...

Worst: Slow jam RnB, overly screamy Metal, Top 40 (almost never terrible, but consistently below average so it makes the list)

Best: 90's era hip hop, current semi underground hip hop, 2000's dubstep, Trap a few years ago, Drum n Bass, Classic rock, 80's pop i'm probably leaving off a bunch here.

Currently: Electro Swing, Instrumental Hip Hop, Trill Wave and Witch House

Worst: Country

Best:

Current Fave: 80s 90s rock

Worst: Rap, Hip-Hip, Dubstep, Pop

Best: Heavy/Death/Thrash/Black/Power METAL

Current fave: BLACK METAL

Worst: Modern Pop

Best: Chillstep, Electronica

Grindcore and that Norwegian symphonic black metal shit can eat a bag of dicks

Prog metal, 90's numetal, death metal, death core, thrash, and instrumental jazz is fucking awesome.

W: pop country

B: metal (including sub genres)

C: grindcore!

Worst has to be modern country.

Best is classic rock (kind of a cop out)

Current is a giant mish-mosh of everything.

Worst: Reggaetón

Best: Alt Rock (partly cuz it's so a broadly defined)

Current Favorite: Brit-Soul / Pop

Honorable mention: Doo Wop and Grunge would be in the running for 'Best,' if pressed to be more specific.

Back