Worst ever musical genre, best musical genre, current fav musical genre.

Worst: Modern RNB/POP
Best: Rock
Current favorite: Prog metal

How come noone likes Funk or Soul, what the hell is wrong with you

Worst: Rap & similar crap

Best: Death Metal

I don't really have a genre that I consider the worst. I love music and can find something to like about all genres. One style of music can influence other styles, which I think is cool to see.

I guess I listen to death metal the least, mainly because it just doesn't fit my mood these days, but I wouldn't talk shit about it or tell someone to turn it off if they had it on.

I'm the only one who thinks disco is the worst? I don't really know what current country is, though. I can't be bothered to listen to it.

new country

post punk

this new folk stuff

Worst: contemporary R&B, most eras of rap, EDM

Best: Hard rock, blues rock, folk rock

Current fav: alternative country, which includes acts that differ significantly in style from mainstream or pop country

Worst: Pop-Country, Modern rap (the ghetto yodeling type that Lil Wayne and Fetty Wap do)

Best: Classic rock, folk (Croce, Dylan, Neil Young & Springsteen at times), and definitely Motown era R&B.

Worst:
Reggaeton

Best:
Classic Rock (it wouldn't have hit classic status if it sucked)

Current:
Hip Hop - just been on a kick lately

Currently, I like music that are genre bending, or ones that don't really clearly belong in one genre

A little bit of pop, funk, jazz, and hiphop influence.

Worst:

Death metal
Dubstep

Last edited:
Worst: Modern Country. I feel like there are only 3 pieces of subject matter they choose from. Their truck, whisky or their girlfriend. And everyone sounds the fucking same.

Best: Alt Rock, Jazz, Prog Metal

Chill step? What is it with Americans and creating these sub genres?

Worst:Bro metal or nu metal, I can't stand grunge
Best:70s & 80s post punk, new wave, punk, glam
(Bowie, Talking Heads, Clash, The Police, The Cure, Smith, Roxy Music, Blondie, Devo, Siouxie & the Banshees etc)
70s classic rock and old motown, 70s R&B

Worst: contemporary R&B, most eras of rap, EDM

Best: Hard rock, blues rock, folk rock

Current fav: alternative country, which includes acts that differ significantly in style from mainstream or pop country

This.

Pop country is what I meant by contemporary mainstream country cause that's essentially what it is I.e. Carrie Underwood, Toby Keith, Blake Shelton. Absolute garbage.

Where as alt country prob one of the better/best genres right now i.e. My morning jacket, Wilco, Ryan Adams, Cat Power (I was obsessed with MMJ's Z for a long time).

Last edited:
What the hell is post punk ?
Music that was born out of the ashes of 70's punk movement but the music itself isn't punk nor is it really new wave. Think of New Order, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Psychedelic Furs, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Smiths, Love & Rockets, Jesus & Marychain, early INXS.

Best examples are usually contained in a John Hughes 80s movie soundtrack

Oh, and whatever genre Five Finger Death Punch is considered is also the worst.

Back