Worst casting choices in a movie

JCVD was the only reason this movie was made.
He was the box office attraction at that time,
the script sucked donkey dick.

Ken was the real casting joke here...
the latino guy from blood in blood out,
really??

They Nailed Zangief, Vega, E.Honda tho.
Kyllie Minogue as Cammy also get a golf clap.

Raul Julia saved that movie and made it somewhat fun.

OMG....that Ryu and Sagat casting killed me.

I'd also like to throw out any movie where Don 'The Dragon' Wilson is the lead character. If you have seen any of his martial arts films his acting and his martial arts choreography in his films is ASS. Even for B movies he is terrible.

Tony Revolori as Flash Thompson in the new Spider-Man movies. Since when is a guy named Flash Thompson Guatemalan?

Not a movie, but Bella as Ellie in Last of Us is shit. Shes a good actress, but every episode I'd always see a potato.

I'm certainly not alone in this as this show has gotten the most hate I've ever seen for a casting. All the facebook groups make fun of her and everyone sees a potato. It's hilarious.

I'd also like to throw out any movie where Don 'The Dragon' Wilson is the lead character. If you have seen any of his martial arts films his acting and his martial arts choreography in his films is ASS. Even for B movies he is terrible.
I liked him in ring of fire.

Of course I'm biased because the chick in that movie gets naked and 12-year-old fedorgasm spilled many seeds watching that movie

Jessie Eiensberg as Lex Luthor
John Cerna as Scott Pilgram

Keanu Reeves in Dracula. Oldman was magnificent as Dracula, but Keanu’s bad acting drug the movie down.

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther in BvS and Jared Leto as the Joker in Suicide Squad. I’m having a hard time figuring out who was worse. They’re equally horrible.

Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher. Alan Ritchson is the perfect choice. He’s big and imposing like the actual character is supposed to be, not some 5’7 pretty boy manlet.

Daniel Day-Lewis as Bill "The Butcher" in Gangs of New York. Great actor but he’s performance in this movie was comical and did not properly portray the real person.

Brad Pitt as Achilles in Troy. Great movie. It’s actually one of my favorites, but Brad Pitt was miscast. He’s portrayal of Achilles was cringy. This failure is comprehensive, so it's probably attributable to the producers, script and direction.
Couldn't agree more with Eisenberg as Luthor. He was just the same quirky goofy Jessie Eisenberg he is in all his teen movie roles. I understand it was supposed to be a young lex but it was absolutely terrible. Ĺex Luthor is calculated, ruthless and easily one of the smartest humans the in DCU. I felt like Jessie played him like he was trying to be the joker.

JCVD was the only reason this movie was made.
He was the box office attraction at that time,
the script sucked donkey dick.

Ken was the real casting joke here...
the latino guy from blood in blood out,
really??

They Nailed Zangief, Vega, E.Honda tho.
Kyllie Minogue as Cammy also get a golf clap.

Raul Julia saved that movie and made it somewhat fun.
Guile with a french accent.

I repeat: Guile with a french accent.

Script was amazing but Guile can not have a FR*NCH ACCENT!

At least Kenya Sawada got his own character and wasn't turned into someone who is not from Japan.

I've said this over and over again but I'll say it again. Maggie Gyllenhaal as Rachael Dawes in The Dark Knight. Great movie, awful casting.
That woman being the centerpiece of Bruce's conflict to be Batman or not was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in a movie.

The guy they cast in the lead of in Hannibal Rising.

Unless he gets his head stuck in a trash compactor, there's no way somebody with this skull shape is aging into Anthony Hopkins.

iu

Not a movie but Finn Jones in Iron Fist was absolutely atrocious. Made worse by the fact that every other Netflix Marvel show had perfect casting for the lead character. I don't know what they were thinking, getting a shitty actor with no range just because he was in Game of Thrones.

I’ll go with Chris Hemsworth as Dr Dementus in George Miller’s Furiosa.

I was rooting for him to get weird, quirky with it and honestly, I remember early on he had some moments. As the film goes on, the char however quickly flattens to a buff, angry dude in a nose prosthetic.

It’s hard to point fingers on whether it was in part the writing or editing (runtime is always an issue, for example) but I could see more versatile actors bringing dimensions to Dementus that seemed inaccessible to Chris.

Would have liked Matthias Schoenaerts, Michael Rooker, or Joaquin Phoenix, all having an uncomfortable intensity about them that I don’t think one can be taught or told to do.

no idea...

...but the movie 'Suture' had a black actor and a white actor playing twin brothers who nobody in the movie could tell apart

kinda takes away the immersion

Billy Crystal used to joke about Edward G. Robinson in The Ten Commandments, "Where's your Moses Now!??" He was right.

I just rewatched the 46 version of Great Expectations, the adult version of Estella, I always thought was rather plain. I did some reading last night and found out she was married to one of the producers, that explained it.

Stallone was pretty bad back when he was trying to keep up with Stallone with those movies like Judge Dredd or the comedy pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quickestvisitor
Back